Chèvrefeuille Original (1982)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 108 ratings

Chèvrefeuille Original information

Chèvrefeuille Original is a unisex fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1982

Reviews of Chèvrefeuille Original

Showing 1 to 6 of 40 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Green Floral

Chèvrefeuille Original goes on with very brisk, sharp green notes that trumpet a wake-up call to the nose. Sweeter green grassy notes follow in a few minutes, causing the composition to mellow appreciably. Behind these come the floral notes, all bright and spring-fresh. I smell lily-of-the-valley (muguet) along with the honeysuckle, and jus the slightest hint of anise, licorice, or fennel seed.

The floral accord sweetens considerably over time, but never loses its bright freshness or becomes heady. I attribute some of this effect to a very subtle and well blended minty-camphoraceous note. Chèvrefeuille Original continues in a linear manner for three or four hours before fading quietly into the background. It never morphs onto the standard modern Creed formula that underpins Green Irish Tweed, Silver Mountain Water, Millésime Imperial, or Himalaya, and that's all for the better.

I give Chèvrefeuille Original credit: it really is original and distinctive in the context of the modern Creed offerings. I can recommend it without reservation as a unisex scent for spring and summer.

11th June, 2014

purplebird7's avatar

A green floral, different most of the other Creed florals. Starts off fresh like crushed leaves, ends up delicately floral, not exceptionally sweet, and still quite cool and smelling as strongly of foliage as it does of petals. Not particularly long-lasting but enjoyable.

05 March, 2014

Preston H's avatar

Reminds me of green valley. I don't know what honeysuckle smells like, but I like this. It's a little herbaceous, I wonder if its mint, anyway it's a good fall fragrance it'd be good in the spring as well. It's got good longevity and projection for an edt I love it. Too bad it's gone, I never got a chance to reup :(

09 May, 2013

rogalal's avatar

Meh. A very green chypre (leaves on top, galbanum and moss below) drenched in a sharp soap smell, so the whole thing smells like really really old-fashioned green soap. It's nice enough, but makes me feel sneezy and wears more like a cloud of soap than a "perfume".

14 February, 2013

marcusman's avatar

If you are looking for a Green Creed scent that's different from the rest in the line, this is it. If you are looking for a heavy anise centered fragrance, this is it. if you are looking for honeysuckle this is not it. But who is realy looking for a honeysuckel fragrance anyway? It's a unique fragrance that's under appreciated IMO.

Creed's website list the notes as follows: Top Notes: Honeysuckle leaves
    Middle Notes: Honeysuckle flowers, herbaceous notes
    Base Notes: Ambergris

To my nose: CO starts off with a blast of green floral slightly minty freshness. I guess this is the leaves of honeysuckle I'm detecting thus the slightly minty accord with the middle notes of the florals actually appearing in the top notes in addition to the middle notes. The top notes quickly dry down after 10-15 minutes. Following this stage the fennel-anise comes in with the floras still in the background. These are the herbaceous notes listed for the middel. Fennel and anise have a similar taste and smell profile. Did Olivier use anise or fennel? I guess we will never know and I guess it does not matter. My guess is that it's actually fennel. To me fennel is more herbaceous then anise. Anise is more licorice candy to my nose and while the middle notes have that licorice vibe, it's more herbal then candy licorice. So I'm guessing fennel over anise. Regardless this is my favorite part of the dry down. Wow! What an awesome middle...if your nose at all enjoys anise-licorice notes you will love this stage of the fragrance. Most anise centered fragrance make me almost queasy. I guess it's the sweetness and cloying nature of that note but somehow in CO balances this with the florals and herbals so it's not nauseating. Just plain pleasant, almost soothing, comforting. The middle notes last about 2 hours and now comes the base...ambergris is listed as the base. (Of course...it's creed...would we expect anything less...). The amount of ambergris in the base is considerably less then the rest of Creed's line. Subtle. It would have to be, because of the use of leaves, flowers, herbs, a heavy handed use of ambergris would overwhelm and mute those top and middle notes. Another reviewer mentioned vanilla note...I pick up that type of note in the base as the scent fades into a pleasant skin scent. It's so subtle. Not really vanilla but maybe a hint of something sweet. I think it's the effect of the fennel-anise middle blending with the ambergris base. What a nice finish to a beautiful fragrance. All in all I get 4 hours of sillage with modest projection. What I typically expect for the Creed house. I'm not sure why this fragrance is not more popular. Maybe it's the anise, it's not a popular note. I think it may also be related to the naming of the fragrance...I mean how many men would consider buying a honeysuckle fragrance? I didn't purchase or try this for a couple of years because I didn't think honeysuckle would go over very well in a male fragrance. Perhaps if Creed re-released under the name Millesime Anise Original it would have more of a following...but alas it's gone the way of many of the other "gray tops"...into the vault...try it while you can...

06 August, 2012

indianwells's avatar

Wales Wales

I pick up more mint than honeysuckle but it is none the worse for that. Very light, and perfect for Spring/Summer. I don't find it at all feminine and I think it is perfect for the office. Almost ethereal. Very, very nice.

03 July, 2012

• Time Left: 3 days
    CREED Vaulted Scent Chevrefeuille Original 2.5ml Carded SAMPLE 3pcs Honeysuckle
    • Time Left: 6 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Creed Original Chevrefeuille Cologne Vial Sample New with Card 2.5 ml - .08 Oz.
    • Time Left: 20 days
    • Time Left: 2 days
    Creed Chevrefeuille Original EDT Spray 2.5 Oz. NIB, Old Packaging from 80's
    • Time Left: 17 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Creed Original Chevrefeuille Cologne Vial Sample New with Card 2.5 ml - 0.08 oz.
    • Time Left: 7 days