cK be (1996)

PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchUnilever

About cK be

Calvin Klein's follow up to cK one.

Reviews of cK be

I got this from Kohl's 50% off. I guess I know now why it got marked down. Don't get me wrong, I really love the way it smells, and it lasts a decent amount of time (considering that that's a problem with anything from CK), but it has no projection whatsoever. I have to bury my nose in the crook of my arm to smell it. It's a serious disappointment. I usually stick to one or two sprays with any other fragrance, but you just might need to use the whole bottle for this one.

I got the deodorant stick from Marshall's, and I loved the scent so much that I knew I had to get the EDT if I saw it. It smells a lot like clean clothes just after they get out of the dryer. Light lavender and faint citrus riding in on musk- it doesn't sound very manly, but this is definitely the more masculine of the CK ONE/Be duo.

This is nice to put on at the end of the day, just before bed, but I would not buy this again just for the fact that it's so hard to smell.
06th July, 2017
Resembled a slightly over-ripened banana smell to me! cK Be is just as polarizing (maybe more so?) than cK One, but for me it's hard to connect with.

24th December, 2016
It's ok scent but weak in both longevity and sillage
15th August, 2016
Bergamot, Lavender, Mint, Juniper, Mandarin, Menthol, Green Notes.
Jasmine, Orchid, Freesia, Herbs, Magnolia, Peach.
Cedar, Amber, Vanilla, Musk, Sandalwood, Opoponax.

When I finally purchased a bottle of CK be at my local TJMAXX, I had never had the opportunity to wear it before. Another blind buy and another chance to be disappointed. The odds aren't all that good, considering that Calvin isn't exactly an impressive fragrance house to purchase in this fashion. There are some CK releases I like, some I don't, with the remaining ones falling into the "who cares" category. CK be lands in the middle somewhere. It's pleasant and unremarkable. Sound familiar?

That said, the price point for this 100ml. bottle justified my leaving the store with it. In spite of my now finding it somewhat innocuous, I would buy it again for the price I paid. I suppose my biggest beef with CK be is it simply doesn't last long enough. The opening is enjoyable and the transition, revealing the rendition of Opoponax, is definitely to my liking. However, it seems to travel light and doesn't stick around to pay the check.

The opening is a good salutation of blended Citrus, Lavender, Freesia and a subtle green aspect. I can't say I experience a legit menthol quality because I don't, but the initial 10 minutes does afford me the 2 transitions that embody CK be. The heart, base and beyond see a balsam, mild spice, ongoing Freesia and a mix of Lavender-Vanilla-Musk evolve. This accord has substance without volume or presence. That would be satisfactory if it simply had longevity. Sadly, it does not.

CK be dissipates much too quickly into an extremely close skin scent. As not to exaggerate, I would feel good in stating approximately 1.5 hours of longevity before morphing into a nose-to-skin situation. Now, it could be that my skin drinks this up like a sponge, but I'm persuaded that it just lacks strength. This opinion is after applying rather heavy sprays.

Sillage is moderate and I've already covered its deficiency. CK be smells pleasant and harmless, but has no teeth. Neutral rating from SS with a strong suggestion to sample before purchasing.
01st March, 2015
Pure UK Show all reviews
Smells like a bubble bath to me and is a nice light scent to put on for bed time. The biggest issue I have with it is it's the worst for longevity. I'm lucky if I get 2 hours from this so I'd never use it as a day scent.
18th May, 2014
I think this is one is a gem at its price point. It's perfect for a casual get-together with friends. It's light, fresh with just a hint of complexity. I love the minimalist bottle which is really more like a giant back jug of juice. Really great and you can wear it to a casual work place. For some reason I can still smell it on myself after 10 hours but it's not a projection beast, someone would have to almost lean in your direction to get a good whiff of it. It's subtle.
06th December, 2013

Add your review of cK be

Shop for cK be products online

Shop for cK be at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for cK be

Member images of cK be

There are no member images of cK be yet. Why not be the first?