cK be (1996)

HouseCalvin Klein
PerfumerAnn Gottlieb
PackagingFabien Baron

About cK be

Calvin Klein's follow up to cK one.

Reviews of cK be

Bergamot, Lavender, Mint, Juniper, Mandarin, Menthol, Green Notes.
Jasmine, Orchid, Freesia, Herbs, Magnolia, Peach.
Cedar, Amber, Vanilla, Musk, Sandalwood, Opoponax.

When I finally purchased a bottle of CK be at my local TJMAXX, I had never had the opportunity to wear it before. Another blind buy and another chance to be disappointed. The odds aren't all that good, considering that Calvin isn't exactly an impressive fragrance house to purchase in this fashion. There are some CK releases I like, some I don't, with the remaining ones falling into the "who cares" category. CK be lands in the middle somewhere. It's pleasant and unremarkable. Sound familiar?

That said, the price point for this 100ml. bottle justified my leaving the store with it. In spite of my now finding it somewhat innocuous, I would buy it again for the price I paid. I suppose my biggest beef with CK be is it simply doesn't last long enough. The opening is enjoyable and the transition, revealing the rendition of Opoponax, is definitely to my liking. However, it seems to travel light and doesn't stick around to pay the check.

The opening is a good salutation of blended Citrus, Lavender, Freesia and a subtle green aspect. I can't say I experience a legit menthol quality because I don't, but the initial 10 minutes does afford me the 2 transitions that embody CK be. The heart, base and beyond see a balsam, mild spice, ongoing Freesia and a mix of Lavender-Vanilla-Musk evolve. This accord has substance without volume or presence. That would be satisfactory if it simply had longevity. Sadly, it does not.

CK be dissipates much too quickly into an extremely close skin scent. As not to exaggerate, I would feel good in stating approximately 1.5 hours of longevity before morphing into a nose-to-skin situation. Now, it could be that my skin drinks this up like a sponge, but I'm persuaded that it just lacks strength. This opinion is after applying rather heavy sprays.

Sillage is moderate and I've already covered its deficiency. CK be smells pleasant and harmless, but has no teeth. Neutral rating from SS with a strong suggestion to sample before purchasing.
01st March, 2015
Pure UK Show all reviews
Smells like a bubble bath to me and is a nice light scent to put on for bed time. The biggest issue I have with it is it's the worst for longevity. I'm lucky if I get 2 hours from this so I'd never use it as a day scent.
18th May, 2014
I think this is one is a gem at its price point. It's perfect for a casual get-together with friends. It's light, fresh with just a hint of complexity. I love the minimalist bottle which is really more like a giant back jug of juice. Really great and you can wear it to a casual work place. For some reason I can still smell it on myself after 10 hours but it's not a projection beast, someone would have to almost lean in your direction to get a good whiff of it. It's subtle.
06th December, 2013
chet31 Show all reviews
Pleasant, unremarkable

My Mom can't resist a bargain, and bought me a 100 ml bottle of this - untested. Cute. Thanks Mom. OK, she could have done worse. This is pleasant, one of those scents where it's hard to pick out any note in particular, smells a little like clean laundry. But does it emerge from the pack of nice-smelling frags? I don't think so.

25th October, 2013
Awesome Fragrance

I bought this perfume from http://buyperfumesonline.in/ Its really Awesome...

Pros: Great
Cons: no negative comments

02nd July, 2013
Remember the Hefty Bag's ad about 20 years ago??

"Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy",

that's what this fragrance is all about. doesn't last but a couple of hours, sillage is minimal, and the scent is nothing to write home about either.
White Musk by The Body Shop does a much better job on the same idea, and it is cheaper.
What a disappointment
30th March, 2013

Add your review of cK be

Shop for cK be products online

Shop for cK be at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for cK be

Member images of cK be

There are no member images of cK be yet. Why not be the first?