cK one (1994)

PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchUnilever

About cK one

This popular fragrance from Calvin Klein kicked off the whole unisex buzz when it was released in 1994. Of course there were unisex fragrances before cK One (4711 by Muelhens for example) but it was Calvin Klein that made it sexy.

Reviews of cK one

I actually grew to enjoy One after owning a mini for several years. Surely it is synthetic and a little crowded, but it is refreshing and unisex, which is exactly what it claimed to be, and I like that. Perhaps it's the changing climes and trends making masculine florals so rare which changed my mind on this one, but I really like lily of the valley in fragrances, and to me, it is the most prominent part of One's composition. If the base wasn't so blurred and fake smelling this might have crossed the line from good to great.
11th September, 2016
I love it. I was a little too young to have worn it when it was in fashion, and probably would've hated it, anyway. Now I love it, a kind of techno-citrus that screams a kind of otherworldly calm. Like it would be saying "relax, it's the 90s" if it cared to speak, but instead it just gives a smug look to everyone it saunters past walking down the street back to its translucent plastic spaceship.
11th July, 2016
It's light, not too feminine, and unoffensive. I've kept it around for years, and still enjoy wearing it to work, where it doesn't sweat off.

Something doesn't have to be the end-all and be-all of cutting-edge perfumes to we worth a buy and a wear. I enjoy it!
07th July, 2016
This was one of the go-to fragrances for very young urban professionals (like me) back in the nineties. It ruled an era when aquatic scents took everyone to the middle of the fragrance sea.
28th February, 2016
I did not wear this scent in the '90s, as it was too trendy. Two decades later, I really enjoy CK1 -- especially for everyday wear, to the office. It is clean yet not astringent like many water-inspired scents. With my body chemistry, CK1 takes on a slightly floral, powdery, feminine tone. It is not a sexy scent on me, nor it does it inspire a sense of adventure. But I select this scent when I want to feel fresh, professional, and feminine. I realize that CK1 is famous for being the first gender-neutral fragrance; but it smells feminine (floral/powdery) with my body chemistry.
05th January, 2016
One to shine...

Since I'm good in crafts, I'm thinking of making a belt with two holsters, all Far West and stuff, and pack two 200ml bottles of this little wunderwaffe all the time. Cause this looker is a life saver in all its salience. And a delight savourer in all its clarity too. It carries an one of a kind charisma to dissipate any troubles that may be thrown your way.

Traffic jam? Spray some!
Boring chore? Spray galore!
Dulled desires?
Galling quagmires?
Psychic vampires?
Spray some more!

There's nothing this beaut can't handle. Even getting the "poet" out of me. Even enjoying its own bipolarity by being two different fragrances, depending on where you spray it. Citrusy and musky clouds on my wrist, salty bitter woods in the crook of my elbow (whilst crooking it).
It almost changed my attitude towards Calvin Klein, since I never thought of them as a truly memorable perfume house producing fragrances with the potential to become legendary over time. Who knows, perhaps they were never meant to concoct august heavy hitters, but rather sanguine and happy carefree vagrants.
Oh, and its bottle makes an excellent atypical and kooky case of a hip flask when empty.
30th November, 2015

Add your review of cK one

Shop for cK one products online

Shop for cK one at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for cK one