Claiborne for Men (1989)

HouseLiz Claiborne
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchClaiborne Cosmetics

About Claiborne for Men

Claiborne for Men is a masculine fragrance by Liz Claiborne. The scent was launched in 1989

Claiborne for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Claiborne for Men

Bora Bora, Mambo, and ALL the Curves could learn from this one.

Toss out your preconceived notions and perhaps you will find what I do: a big, beautiful, broad-shouldered pine with hints of rose and leather on a mossy base. Interestingly, the sharp citric opening that I get in cool weather softens in the heat, leading me to believe that as a woman, perhaps I could "get by" with this one sprayed discretely (as I do with Aromatics Elixir).

An otherwise hip male friend of mine still wears this and always smells great.
30th May, 2017
This fragrance reminds me of how it smells after a rain shower in the spring....very fresh, damp, green with muted florals....rose is what stands out most to me. It is unusual in a man's scent to have floras stand out so much, yet they are not overtly sweet florals ...they are muted and tamed by the other green notes. I was surprised at how many negative reviews there are of this and I'm guessing this hasn't been discontinued as its easy to find at the local Marshall's or TJ Max for around $13.
I don't wear this one all that often except when I'm wearing a Claiborne outfit. Claiborne designs stand out and are different than other designers....and the fragrance is the same. Its not for everyone, but its for me.
24th January, 2017
Nothing to add for or against this fragrance. When I had it I thought it was nice and very wearable. I don't think I would care for it much now. It's still available for a great price. For me it's a neutral. It's just a dated.
30th November, 2016
When I was in high school, a teacher somehow ended up with a huge box of miniatures of this. She let the students have them, so needless to say everyone smelled like this for a year. This is one of the few colognes to me that smells the same as back in the day. Not sure if that is because it IS vintage because that's all that's left or they are still making it the same way, but I still like it. Smells like the 90s but that's ok. I do get a plastic grassy feel from it. Distinct bottle.
23rd March, 2014
This is to me a "rainy day" fragrance. It's not listed in the pyramid above, but I definitely smell fresh ginger in the top and middle transition --- it there isn't actual ginger here, I'll be really surprised, and there must be some combination of other notes that smells exactly like fresh-cut ginger root. The freshness of the citrus, ginger, juniper, lavender and ozone is what conjures up the rainy day feel for me. Damp days are the only times I think of wearing this, and it seems to suit the overall impression.

Although I like the fragrance from the bottle, something about it doesn't quite work with my skin chemistry, so I very rarely wear it.
01st March, 2014
It's has an acquired taste like scotch. It's very strong and when used lightly works in the winter. Can be overpowering... I recommend two light sprays on wrists then dab on neck.
16th February, 2014

Add your review of Claiborne for Men

Shop for Claiborne for Men products online

Shop for Claiborne for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Claiborne for Men

Member images of Claiborne for Men

There are no member images of Claiborne for Men yet. Why not be the first?