Clubman Special Reserve

Clubman Special Reserve information

HousePinaud
Parent CompanyAmerican International Beauty Group

About Clubman Special Reserve

Clubman Special Reserve is a masculine fragrance by Pinaud.

Reviews of Clubman Special Reserve

The best of the Pinaud line. For a cologne it has great longevity. Very heavy on the leather and spice. Proper old school man smell. Not one I wear everyday but when I do it makes me want to go hunting with my bare hands!!
02nd October, 2017 (last edited: 12th October, 2017)
If you're a man interested in masculine scents... drop a few bucks on this one and keep it by the sink where the shaving gets done... you know, right alongside the 4711, the Tabac Original, the Tabacco 1800, the Old Spice, and your favorite bay rhum. If you grow weary of it, pass it along to a family member.

Some things needn't be thought too much about and this is one of those.
24th October, 2016
I really enjoy their Virgin Island Bay Rum product so this one got a try as well. Its powerful and heavy on the leather note. Its inexpensive, if bang for the dollar were the key measurement it would rate very high. To me it smelled very synthetic, cheap and loud. I tried but could not wear it. To date its the only scent that I both showered off and promptly dumped down the drain. It did smell surprisingly good worn by the bath room sink from day 2 through day 7.
16th August, 2016
Are you fed up with soft leather fragrances? Have you knelt before the fragrance gods and implored them for a strong LEATHER scent?

Be careful what you ask for, this baby is no joke.
Old school, retro, takes no prisoners............apply if you think you can handle this juggernaut of masculinity!

Leather, then leather, then some more leather and then some spices.

Lasts, projects and turns heads.
This will make you walk a little taller and make you feel good in what ever you endeavor.
16th June, 2016
This is definitely what Indiana Jones smelled like.
23rd October, 2015
First off I'd like to say that PerfumeCollector hit the nail on the head with the opening. Much like other Pinaud offerings, this one opens strong and settles down pretty quickly. Unlike some other Pinaud's it doesn't have quite the same in-the-bottle-funk that the regular Clubman and Vanilla possess.

The first 5-10 seconds of tree-tarryness settles and sends you on a Quorum-esque roller-coaster ride of green herbs and woods, which after about 20 minutes turns cedary and leathery. I will differ with other reviewers and not blatantly compare this to English Leather, although there are similar notes: the pencil shaving-y cedar is there, but the leather is more of a rugged worn leather than English Leather's bright new leather accord.

I have found, however, that although too much can be applied, too little can be applied as well. This is one that I'd rather err in the side of too much than too little, in my opinion. Applying sparingly gave me hours and hours of the faintest rubbery tree-tar smell.

Update:

I want to like it, but it makes me smell like an office meeting room full of middle-aged men at 9:15 a.m. It's potent, and it's a bit mature for my taste. I'd like to think I'd like to be able to pull off the Polo green odor, but I think I like it more from a distance after it's worn off a bit.
08th September, 2015 (last edited: 31st March, 2016)

Add your review of Clubman Special Reserve