Colors Uomo (1988)

PerfumerAnn Gottlieb
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Fragrance & Personal Care
Parent Company at launchSAB

About Colors Uomo

Colors Uomo is a masculine fragrance by Benetton. The scent was launched in 1988 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ann Gottlieb

Colors Uomo fragrance notes

Reviews of Colors Uomo

My first review....Realized I still had an old bottle of this (circa 1989) that was a gift from my late Mother when I was a teenager hidden in the back of my bathroom cabinet. I knew it was there but hadn’t worn it in decades. Tonight for some reason I sprayed it on the back of my hand. There was very little left in the bottle and it took several pumps before it sprayed.

I was instantly taken back emotionally to 1989/90 and the girl I was dating at the time. Later she and I drifted apart but I’d like to believe we both care about each other and I truly do hope she is happy.

Would I wear it now? No. Is it a bad scent? Also no. I just simply couldn't. It represents who I was and not who I am or who I aspire to be today.

The bottle will remain in my collection and I will nostalgically sniff it occasionally knowing it is a time machine back to to 1989/90 for me.
01st May, 2020
You will not get your dose of nostalgia from the 80's or 90s with the latest version of this perfume.

Unsweetened citrus-y scent and not much else. No vanilla. No patchouli. No sandalwood. Slightly bitter. No complexity. No evolution. Smells of one thing only. Unrecognizable. Could be a sports scent in all is generic "glory" Smells cheap. No wonder I got mine for $9.

I guess the good old stuff is in old black bottles not the current blue ones.

From the reviews here I thought the formula was either the same or something very close. Should always look at the dates when the reviews were published.

One thing is for sure, I have four bottles of the stuff and I do not want to smell like this.

$36 dollars wasted.
20th February, 2015
A burst of lemon with big projection.

The heart is a bitter cypress and patchouli with a slight menthol vibe. Rather sharp and metallic to my nose.

A little bit goes a long way.

It's an inexpensive citrus summer scent, so enjoy if you like it. I used to, but tired of it rather quickly. It's that bitter, sharp metallic note that lasts and lasts, which I find ultimately offensive.
22nd November, 2014
Like lemon sherbets in liquid form. Simple, synthetic and a little dated? Perhaps - but refreshing and fun to wear while somehow comforting and familiar.

At this price it can only be a thumbs up!
06th May, 2013
cpp214 Show all reviews
Does anyone else think the opening of Colors is similar to Acqua Di Parma Colonia?
I find them similar, and that's saying a lot. Colors is a quality fragrance, period.
If you look around, you can find it very cheap. I paid $12.99 for a 3.4oz bottle at TJ Maxx.

This fragrance is better than the vast majority of designer fragrances being produced today. I almost hate to recommend an Ann Gottlieb fragrance, but in this case, I can't help it. Very, very good. Pick up a bottle now, while you still can.
17th March, 2012
del Show all reviews
Back in college (early 90's), this was my go-to scent. It is affordable, casual, and sweet smelling... just perfect for students and young gentlemen. I got compliments when I used this, even the guys were amazed by how good the scent is.

This cologne is really simple to understand: fruity opening, then turns sweet, almost candy-llike, and then settles on to the vanilla drydown. The projection is wide, but dies after 45 minutes to an hour or so, then stays relatively close to the skin. The longevity is good, and the price can't be beat.

I am now past 30, but if I can find another bottle, then I'll purchase it right away. This is just perfect when relaxing inside the house, or hanging out with friends on a cold afternoon winter day.
24th January, 2012

Add your review of Colors Uomo

Shop for Colors Uomo products online

Colors de Benetton Uomo Cologne 0.5 oz/15 ml EDT Splash VINTAGE Original Version

End Date: Thursday Jun-4-2020 22:29:24 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $32.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Colors de Benetton Uomo 1.7 oz / 50 ml EDT Spray Vintage SET With F/M Radio, NIB

End Date: Sunday Jun-7-2020 18:48:21 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $59.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Colors de Benetton Uomo Cologne .5 oz/15ml EDT VINTAGE Original Version 1/2 Full

End Date: Thursday Jun-11-2020 18:38:54 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $18.00

Vintage Benetton Colors Aftershave - 10 ml + atomizer & funnel - FREE SHIPPING

End Date: Monday Jun-15-2020 20:59:56 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $15.19
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Colors De Benetton Uomo- Men VINTAGE FORMULA 1oz /30 ml Edt Spray , New ,Boxed.

End Date: Saturday Jun-20-2020 19:38:35 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $39.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Colors De Benetton Uomo Vintage 1.7 OZ /50 ML Edt Spray , NIB , Discontinued .

End Date: Saturday Jun-20-2020 20:24:20 PDT

BENETTON - COLORS UOMO HOMME EAU DE TOILETTE 1 oz VINTAGE

End Date: Wednesday Jul-1-2020 16:09:47 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $40.00

Member images of Colors Uomo

There are no member images of Colors Uomo yet. Why not be the first?