Comme des Garçons 2 (1999)
by Comme des Garçons

Comme des Garçons 2 information

Year of Launch1999

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerMark Buxton
PackagingRei Kawakubo
PackagingMarc Atlan

About Comme des Garçons 2

Also has been available in various Limited Edition packaging: "Happy Pillow" (Oct 2003), "Flower Power" (Feb 2004), "I Love You" (Feb 2004), "Night of the Stars" (Dec 2000), "Drawings" (2001) and "beads" (2002).

Reviews of Comme des Garçons 2

Cherry incense rose.
Spicy waxy floral mess.
Synthropologie.
20th October, 2017
This is a weirdo. Fruity, sweet, bitter, musky. I find it very difficult to understand. It's got too much of everything, and it feels untangled. Mostly for men. You might like it, but sample first.
30th April, 2017
CdG 2 has a very different quality to it than just about any men's scent you would find out today. It comes across as a classy classic, echoing the formal wear floral-spice monster scents of decades past.

Funny thing is, I can identify many of the notes that are listed above in the fragrance triangle. It seems as if those very notes together seem to cancel out or alter the expected qualities of, say, patchouli, cedarwood, vetiver, etc. and produces a scent that smells atypical, but not totally alienating. It is refined, and also adventurous.

CdG 2 smells experimental, though not to the extent of CdG's "Odeur" scents. I don't hate it, nor do I love it; it smells fine, and it isn't a scrubber necessarily.

I don't think I'd personally wear CdG 2 (unisex), though it has an arguably masculine character to it. Years ago, I gave this one a thumbs down; after over a decade, I'm upgrading it to a neutral.

I prefer Comme des Garcons 2 Man to this one, which is a more solid, pleasant potion compared to this. But honestly, I can see CdG 2 worn successfully by men of achievement and boldness who aren't afraid to leave a trail of this unusual fragrance.
17th March, 2017 (last edited: 02nd December, 2018)
There may be some confusion about which fragrance this is after reading some of these reviews for Comme des Garçons 2 because what I'm smelling and what some others are saying are not matching up. No rose, no fruit, rather all incense and musk. My sample is listed as "Comme Des Garcons 2 Eau De Parfum unisex". It is very mature, with a spicy, peppery opening that calms down to sweetened musk with lots of incense. Reminds me of Mr. Blass or maybe even Aramis. Very classic and again, mature. Also, it's listed as unisex but I cannot see a woman wearing this, it seems very masculine, but that's just my preference.
18th January, 2017
Inky Pinky Parlez-vous?

Inky? Not to me, but I do get a strong whiff of black Nugget boot polish at the opening and I am old enough to remember writing with a nib and inkpot/blotting paper until I was eleven when we were allowed to use ballpoints. But I refer to ordinary ink, not the Japanese Sumi ink, the catalyst for Buxton's composition.
I carry the .3 oz mini around in my bag for those times when I've forgotten to put a fragrance on. Today I ordered a 50ml bottle as I've decided it is full bottle worthy. I smiled at another reviewers reference to Azzaro Acteur which was a favourite of my husbands, so this must be the mustiness that they share in common, a dusty rose. He encouraged the purchase of a full bottle of 2 Women as he plans to dip into it. I see it as unisex.
There's an elegant hypnosis to this perfume, a reference to a classic that continues to elude me, Weil de Weil perhaps, then it shape shifts into something else. Quite disconcerting and quixotic, a keeper then.
15th September, 2016 (last edited: 03rd November, 2017)
I experience it as a light fruity rose. Turin described it as a "woody rose." Yet there is not a rose to be found in the note tree.

There is nothing incensey about 2 Woman. In fact there I detect none of the dark notes listed above in this very light composition.

What I experience is so light and fruity that it is over in less than ten minutes. Even if it had lasted longer, it would not be impressive. The sort of scent for those who don't care for scent, practically nonexistent after the initial application. It would work for a summer's morning, but would have to be applied often throughout the day to have any effect.

First Edit: On denser wearing (bigger splashes) the effect is that of a very transparent and perfectly balanced accord of three notes: rose, clove and vetiver. Nicer than my first experience with this scent, still too effervescent and volatile to bring it into the thumbs up category.
01st January, 2016 (last edited: 04th July, 2016)

Add your review of Comme des Garçons 2

Shop for Comme des Garçons 2 products online

Shop for Comme des Garçons 2 at online perfumeries

COMME des GARCONS 2 MAN 100 ML, 3.4 fl.oz Eau de Toilette spray, EDT.

End Date: Tuesday Dec-11-2018 21:02:17 PST
Buy It Now for only: $114.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

COMME des GARCONS 2 MAN 100 ML, 3.4 fl.oz Eau de Toilette spray, EDT.

End Date: Tuesday Dec-11-2018 21:02:17 PST

Comme des Garcons 2 Eau de Parfum Spray 100ml Womens Perfume

End Date: Thursday Dec-13-2018 3:30:33 PST
Buy It Now for only: $109.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Comme Des Garcons 2 By Comme Des Garcons Eau De Parfum .30 Oz Mini (unboxed)

End Date: Thursday Dec-13-2018 4:09:40 PST