Comme des Garçons 2 (1999)
by Comme des Garçons

Comme des Garçons 2 information

Year of Launch1999

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerMark Buxton
PackagingRei Kawakubo
PackagingMarc Atlan

About Comme des Garçons 2

Also has been available in various Limited Edition packaging: "Happy Pillow" (Oct 2003), "Flower Power" (Feb 2004), "I Love You" (Feb 2004), "Night of the Stars" (Dec 2000), "Drawings" (2001) and "beads" (2002).

Reviews of Comme des Garçons 2

This is a weirdo. Fruity, sweet, bitter, musky. I find it very difficult to understand. It's got too much of everything, and it feels untangled. Mostly for men. You might like it, but sample first.
30th April, 2017
Started out interesting for the first few minutes....then turned into an overly loud, brash scrubber big time on me! Don’t see myself testing it out again!

I prefer Comme des Garcons 2 Man to this one, which is genuinely pleasant compared to this.
17th March, 2017
There may be some confusion about which fragrance this is after reading some of these reviews for Comme des Garçons 2 because what I'm smelling and what some others are saying are not matching up. No rose, no fruit, rather all incense and musk. My sample is listed as "Comme Des Garcons 2 Eau De Parfum unisex". It is very mature, with a spicy, peppery opening that calms down to sweetened musk with lots of incense. Reminds me of Mr. Blass or maybe even Aramis. Very classic and again, mature. Also, it's listed as unisex but I cannot see a woman wearing this, it seems very masculine, but that's just my preference.
18th January, 2017
I experience it as a light fruity rose. Turin described it as a "woody rose." Yet there is not a rose to be found in the note tree.

There is nothing incensey about 2 Woman. In fact there I detect none of the dark notes listed above in this very light composition.

What I experience is so light and fruity that it is over in less than ten minutes. Even if it had lasted longer, it would not be impressive. The sort of scent for those who don't care for scent, practically nonexistent after the initial application. It would work for a summer's morning, but would have to be applied often throughout the day to have any effect.

First Edit: On denser wearing (bigger splashes) the effect is that of a very transparent and perfectly balanced accord of three notes: rose, clove and vetiver. Nicer than my first experience with this scent, still too effervescent and volatile to bring it into the thumbs up category.
01st January, 2016 (last edited: 04th July, 2016)
At the opening, all i smell is powdery aldehydes with some incense, which is a bit mature to me.

After an hour mark it turns into a incense, sweet soft woody fragrance & stays almost linear.

I can barely notice it after 5-6 hours, but others do notice it on me even after 8 hours.

Can be worn all seasons, great office scent.

And yes it is different, need some time to get used to the opening.

6/10.

10th October, 2015
2 starts green and metallic. Quickly, the magnolia blooms and on my skin it will be the dominant note in this fragrance. As the perfume wears, a watery vibe comes along with a tea-like accord. Although it's very floral and powdery in the middle, the sharp metallic start together with the incense that comes later, gives it a little structure. The changes are rather subtle, in the way that this is a flowery dominant fragrance with background changes (green metallic opening, powdery heart and incense woody base). Sometimes it feels a little sweaty, sometimes fuzzy or dry but every time artistic. I think this is a mood scent.
07th September, 2015