Comme des Garçons White (1995)
by Comme des Garçons

Comme des Garçons White information

Year of Launch1995

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerMark Buxton
PackagingRei Kawakubo
PackagingMarc Atlan

About Comme des Garçons White

Comme des Garçons White is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 1995 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mark Buxton. The bottle was designed by Marc Atlan and Rei Kawakubo

Reviews of Comme des Garçons White

Enter in CdG White...

There is a resemblance to me in the opening of a spicy Indian dessert, with what smells sweet and radiant (doubtless, the coriander, cardamom, and pepper have to do with this, along with cinnamon leaf, nutmeg, clove and vanilla notes, inter alia). Nestled within are subdued trails of the flowers - rose, lily-of-the-valley, tagete (magnolia). Pomegranate adds a slight pungence amidst this flurry of notes.

Vetiver, amber and cedar emerge after a short while, but they aren't dominating at all, adding a warm, earthy support.

The end result is a spice-heavy scent having a bright, aromatic quality that is distinctive. CdG White reminds me remotely of other scents I have come across, but I can't remember which. In its own right, CdG White is a friendly, inviting fragrance that can easily be worn by either gender for casual occasions all year round. It'd be hard to offend others with this moderately strong scent...unless you go hogwild with the spray trigger!

A pleasant scent that is definitely worth checking out.
02nd December, 2018
In the opening I get rich woods, mainly cedar, with a touch of what smells to me like citrus, but I'm guessing must be the pomegranate note. As the fragrance unfolds, I detect herbal/spicy notes of coriander, pepper, nutmeg & clove, followed by a spicy rose in the heart. Ninety minutes in, it all dies down to a low hum of peppery woods, although I do get a whiff of lily of the valley, & later there's cinnamon in the base, fading out at around the seven hour mark.
Those first ninety minutes are pleasantly autumnal, smelling more golden-brown than white to me. After this, however, the fragrance seems to collapse in on itself, leaving me somewhat underwhelmed in the end.
02nd December, 2016
Now, this is my kind of fragrance! A spicy rose that is modern and masculine. It projects at medium level and lasts for quite a long time. It obviously blends the spices well, but cloves seem to be most prominent which gives it a bit of a carnation feel.

The rose itself is not very prominent, but it comes to the fore at times, and it goes very well the spices.

This fragrance works well in hot weather when you want to wear something exotic. It is unisex, though I think of it as more of a fragrance for males due to the dry rose and spices.
13th January, 2013
Another Comme Des Garcons I've been using for quite a while in the past. An extremely exotic concoction of cinnamon, other spices (a lot of) on a woody/floral/fruity base. The whole fragrance has the typical CDG's incensey signature, but here it's drastically toned down to intentionally become barely perceptible. It's more like an overall vibe than a real note/accord.

Intense, important and very very (very) distinctive. One of the best and most influential compositions by Mr Buxton. A personal favorite!
24th August, 2011
This one surprised me. Having grown a little bored of Comme des Garcons recently, I'd never gotten around to actually trying White. Slightly hungover one morning, I wanted something light and cool so I thought I'd give this a chance. I'm so happy I did! To my nose, this starts out like dry woods soaked in white wine. My wife says it smells like curry. I didn't get that at all at first. Soon, cinnamon follows and then the rose arrives. The woods in the drydown blend in perfectly. A really pleasant surprise - A beautiful, wonderfully made fragrance.
21st August, 2009
Peppery, minty, airy, spicy, rosy. Mostly cinnamon and florals with a cool sandalwood and vetiver drydown. Excellent.
14th December, 2008

Comme des Garcons White 1.7 oz / 50 ml Eau de Toilette Spray *RARE*

End Date: Thursday Mar-28-2019 14:49:43 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $179.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Comme des Garcons 2 Flower Power 1.7oz / 50ml EDP Spray In White Box No Cap RARE

End Date: Saturday Apr-6-2019 9:44:44 PDT