Comme des Garçons White (1995)
    by Comme des Garçons

Average Rating: 4

Based on 99 ratings

Comme des Garçons White Fragrance notes

Pomegranate, Tagete Absolute, Pepper, Coriander, Cardamom, Lily of the Valley, White May Rose, Cinnamon leaf, Clove, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Styrax, Amber, Cedarwood, Vetiver

Comme des Garçons White information

Comme des Garçons White is a unisex fragrance by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 1995 and the bottle was designed by Rei Kawakubo / Marc Atlan

Shop for Comme des Garçons White products online

Reviews of Comme des Garçons White

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.
    positive 11 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

farang's avatar

Thailand Thailand

Now, this is my kind of fragrance! A spicy rose that is modern and masculine. It projects at medium level and lasts for quite a long time. It obviously blends the spices well, but cloves seem to be most prominent which gives it a bit of a carnation feel.

The rose itself is not very prominent, but it comes to the fore at times, and it goes very well the spices.

This fragrance works well in hot weather when you want to wear something exotic. It is unisex, though I think of it as more of a fragrance for males due to the dry rose and spices.

13 January, 2013

alfarom's avatar

Another Comme Des Garcons I've been using for quite a while in the past. An extremely exotic concoction of cinnamon, other spices (a lot of) on a woody/floral/fruity base. The whole fragrance has the typical CDG's incensey signature, but here it's drastically toned down to intentionally become barely perceptible. It's more like an overall vibe than a real note/accord.

Intense, important and very very (very) distinctive. One of the best and most influential compositions by Mr Buxton. A personal favorite!

24 August, 2011

ChrisJPN's avatar

Japan Japan

This one surprised me. Having grown a little bored of Comme des Garcons recently, I'd never gotten around to actually trying White. Slightly hungover one morning, I wanted something light and cool so I thought I'd give this a chance. I'm so happy I did! To my nose, this starts out like dry woods soaked in white wine. My wife says it smells like curry. I didn't get that at all at first. Soon, cinnamon follows and then the rose arrives. The woods in the drydown blend in perfectly. A really pleasant surprise - A beautiful, wonderfully made fragrance.

21st August, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar

Peppery, minty, airy, spicy, rosy. Mostly cinnamon and florals with a cool sandalwood and vetiver drydown. Excellent.

14 December, 2008

snailhorn's avatar

A saleswoman handed me a bottle of White when I told her I was looking for something reminiscent of clove cigarettes. After sampling it, this struck me as a fairly close approximation. The clove is definitely present, along with some scents I associate with India, (sandalwood and cumin perhaps?) However, the smoky, boozy aspect of a clove cig is not present in White. Also, the sweetness factor was totally different. A clove cigarette has a subtle sweetness, the kind you might find in a fruit curry. White is sweet in a more synthetic, soda-pop way, which seems exactly how CdG might be inclined to interpret a pomegranate.

I can’t fault this fragrance for not being a fancy cigarette (as that is not at all its intention,) and I respect CdG’s attempt to create an oriental that is light, modern, and cool. Still, I can’t shake the feeling that this fragrance smells just a bit cheap.

23 August, 2008

Another one I hadn’t been aware of all these years. Somehow I had missed it until a couple of weeks ago I saw it in a small shop and thought that I should check it out. I’m happy I did. CDG’s White opens with a fascinating spice accord that strongly carries the aromatics of the spices with it. I love that medicinal / aromatic element in fragrances: That particular characteristic in White is as good as any I’ve smelled, especially because it takes the pomegranate note with it, and the result is a gentle and near exotic fruit / spicy accord intensified by aromatics. Once the medicinal aspects of the opening settle down some, we have a relatively discreet floral, fruity, spicy accord for the heart notes – so refined, so nicely balanced, with just the right touch of the exotic; and it has quite good longevity – as a skin scent with the accord, yes, “wafting” up occasionally. I don’t get a separate base – what I get is a continuation of the heart accord except that the clove note becomes more prominent and the amber grows a bit stronger as the time passes. CDGs White is a truly accomplished fragrance.

24 May, 2008

Add your review of Comme des Garçons White

Search for on eBay United States

Comme Des Garcons White EDT Spray 1.7 Oz. NIB
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 26 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)