Shop for Cuir Mauresque products online

Reviews of Cuir Mauresque

Showing 1 to 6 of 48 reviews.

the reaper's avatar
    the reaper
    Venezuela Venezuela

Wow. After sometime waiting for this one, it finally arrived. I've got to say that this is the most original and different scent I've ever had. It has a sweet syrup note in the begining that stays for about two hours. Those two hours are strange in a positive way, remember it's a Luten fragrance. But then the leather appears and makes the fragrance simply wonderful and different. I still prefer Chergui over this but I can't deny that Cuir Mauresque is beautifull.

03 March, 2014

flathorn's avatar
    flathorn

The sweet note in Cuir Mauresque is problematic to me, and eliminates it as a leather I will wear, even though I don't find CM objectionable. The problem with this note is it turns to sugar on my skin - thin, non-blending, distinct. I'm familiar with this particular note - it also turned shallow and somewhat shrill in Tabac Blond and L'Air de Rien, both fragrances known for sensuality and depth. This note has the same effect in Cuir Mauresque.
    The leather sensuality in this appeals to me greatly, the tarry and animalic depths, but these juxtapose poorly with such a shallow sugariness, nor is there any merging of them to my nose, but a distinctness of notes. It becomes perfumery 101 on my skin instead, a study in note placement rather than a cohesive perfume.
    I understand the vagaries of perfume chemistry - there's no need to angst over the good fragrances that run afoul of our personal chemistry. It doesn't make them less, only not a match.

13 January, 2014 (Last Edited: 21st January, 2014)

Starblind's avatar
    Starblind

pomander leather

The opening is truly worrisome: a plastic wading pool has caught fire and is burning merrily next to jasmine bush. If you are brave enough to wait this out, the neoprene odor dies down as the jasmine comes to the fore. It is then, after all this, that I become entranced. The sumptuous leather note combined with just a pinch of cumin and musk make for the most wonderfully warm and subtle scent, evocative of both Tabac Blond and Knize Ten.

The dry down goes on forever and feels very sexy and sophisticated in equal measure. A warm, skin-like scent that can be worn by anyone, anytime. Along with Fumerie Turque, this is my newest Luten love.

Pros: gorgeous dry down
    Cons: frightening opening notes"

05 October, 2013

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Leather Plus

The opening starts with leather, a gentle and sweetish leather that initially is paired with styrax and incense. In the drydown the Triple C: cumin, clove and cedar are moving into the foreground

with orange blossom and clove providing balancing notes. Later a beautiful cinnamon note and vanilla are dominating together with the leather. Over the last hours on my skin this is a cinnamon - leather fragrance essentially, but for a while the nutmeg provides additional depth. On me silage and projection are excellent, as is the phenomenal longevity of about twelve hours. A soft and sweetish leather with good development over time.

Pros: Longevity
    Cons:

15 August, 2013

dvdlpznyc's avatar
    dvdlpznyc

Handsome but Expensive

As a leather fragrance, it's fine, but not really compelling or even very original. I like it, but am not at all times fond of it's sweetness or butteriness or creaminess -- I just wish that it were a bit more hectic or rancid or burnt, something to make this more exotic and less "refined," because I crave some adventure.

10th August, 2013

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

A superb scent, blasting off with Tabac Blond notes, then settling down into an identical copy of Knize Ten.

Points off for lack of originality, but copying the greats is an act of homage.

Since Knize Ten is cheaper per volume than Cuir Mauresque, it makes more sense to stick with Knize, but in terms of quality SL's version is excellent and has great longevity.

07 March, 2013