Culture by Tabac (1996)

Culture by Tabac information

Year of Launch1996

HouseMäurer & Wirtz

About Culture by Tabac

Culture by Tabac is a masculine fragrance by Mäurer & Wirtz. The scent was launched in 1996

Culture by Tabac fragrance notes

Reviews of Culture by Tabac

Revision of my earlier review under same username: this fragrance is not how I remembered it.
I managed to get some of this from Australia or somewhere, I was ecstatic at the time.
But no, this scent is not me anymore... too musky/manly and melony.
Who changed the pyramid after Foetidus's review? He said musk was listed.
01st June, 2010
The fragrance opens beautifully with a bright, lively grapefruit / green accord that is just plain invigorating, even if a bit synthetic. Warmth is added to the middle notes with an inviting spicy / floral accord. So far, so good, except that the movement within the pyramid happens way too fast. It’s hard for me to pick up the base because it appears to be entirely too weak. The basenotes read ‘pine’ and ‘sandalwood’ and ‘patchouli’ and musk,’ but my nose has a difficult time catching them. On my skin, Culture is completely gone in forty-five minutes.

Culture by Tabac could have been an excellent fragrance if its base had some sort of substance and longevity. But its base is weak and short-lived, and that's too bad because this one could have been a contender.
17th September, 2006 (last edited: 10th March, 2008)
Pleasant, slighly lighter and more playful interpretation of a classic. Even if i mostly avoid modern versions of classics, this one is the true exception. It manages to smell modern and quite provocative, yet not excluding a very classy, lush old-school attitude.
26th March, 2006
Quite unusual mix that smelled very warm and nice. Can't remember much about Culture's compostion other than that I liked my bottle (finished since several years) a lot. Dirt cheap as well.
07th August, 2005

Add your review of Culture by Tabac

Shop for Culture by Tabac products online

Search Amazon for Culture by Tabac

Member images of Culture by Tabac

There are no member images of Culture by Tabac yet. Why not be the first?