Dunhill d (1996)

Year of Launch1996

Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchDunhill

About Dunhill d

A fresh woody fragrance by Alfred Dunhill. The bottle is the same as the original Dunhill and Edition.

Dunhill d fragrance notes

Reviews of Dunhill d

I owned this in the early days before my nose was better trained.
Smooth, clean musk with a sweet/salty edge. 2 decades(!) later this is something you can wear and draw compliments because it is so different form current offerings.

It does not disappear as quickly as many note, but rather the wearer becomes no longer aware of its presence, but others can smell it on you.

For reference, it is similar in vibe (not smell) to Cerruti's Image except this is more fresh, sweeter and muskier.
22nd November, 2017
Smooth, musky, citrus and woody. Really nice.
25th October, 2016 (last edited: 09th October, 2017)
Oviatt Show all reviews
The famous Louis XV--or maybe it was La Pompadour--saying "Apres nous, le deluge" comes to mind when I think of this fragrance. A long-time lover of the classic Dunhill fragrances, I always thought that this was the end of the line--after the monumental 1934 classic Dunhill for Men and the wonderful 1984 Edition, Dunhill sort of gave up--let's put this fresh, woody fragrance out on the market, we'll cash in on the cachet of our brand and even use the same bottle and, let's face it--after that who cares? We will have sold the brand to the devil by then anyway.... The fragrance itself, which fits into the "Calvin Klein-y" colognes of that era is actually not bad--in fact it is in retrospect so much better than much of the junk subsequently put out by Dunhill and almost everyone else, that it actually deserves some respect. Wearing it as I write,I am enjoying the now familiar fresh woods, and although fleeting, it is quite nice. It just barely deserves categorizing with the earlier two great fragrances from the house and really does not deserve being lumped in with the later, tittleless, Dunhill offerings.
04th January, 2013
rbaker Show all reviews
A very pleasant mandarin and fresh wood impression greets that is near-aquatic in character. A touch of rose is added in the drydown, but otherwise there is very little development, apart from the fact that the scent appears increasingly thin and nondescript. Someone mentioned the CK in this context, and this drydown's blandness indeed reminds me of some of the latter's more forgettable creations. Poor silage and projection after the first half hour are accompanied by a longevity of about two hours overall. Good for a splash after the gym, so that one can put on a more memorable fragrance after a short while.
05th December, 2012
duh... nhill I don't get this one. Not bad, but very generic. I smell the rosewood and mandarain orange, & a hint of cypress in top notes, but can't pick out the jasmine. Fades so quickly, I can't quite make out the heart or base notes, even after multiple applications, with my nose next to my skin. Given to me probably 12 years ago; wouldn't have bought it for myself.
06th June, 2011
A fresh, woody fragrance that doesn't last any longer than Jell-O nailed to a wall.
11th September, 2008

Add your review of Dunhill d

Shop for Dunhill d products online

Shop for Dunhill d at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Dunhill d

Member images of Dunhill d

There are no member images of Dunhill d yet. Why not be the first?