Davidoff (1984)

About Davidoff

Davidoff is a masculine fragrance by Davidoff. The scent was launched in 1984

Davidoff fragrance notes

Reviews of Davidoff

I'm not much into writing reviews, partly because I don't consider myself a good nose & more importantly, you can't surpass other wonderful reviewers here on BE, however, hereare my 2 cents...

You love oakmoss - seek out this fragrance. One of the best oakmoss laden 80's powerhouses. The initial blast is so powerful that I'm reminded immediately of ericrico's words - if you are not good enough, this scent will wear you!!!

A masterpiece that is a must own IMHO.
04th April, 2014
This fragrance hit me with such an impact that quickly becoming my favourite - The fastest from all that I had tried for since the first sniff I simply amazed.

Utter masculinity from the beginning to the end, blending quality is superb, ingredients also top-notch. lime in the opening is a bit sharp and could be off-putting, but it would quickly subdued into sweeter scent - I notice Rosy quality - and definitely leather here, all playing with harmony to compose one of the finest for men fragrance ever made; I have Zino and it's not this good, they're truly different (Yes, pre-reformulated with italic DAVIDOFF) Zino is more of well-behaved men in his flannel jacket when Davidoff is a cunning oligarch - unforgivingly masculine, even when the coconut giving creamy accent to the drydown (creamy leather with sweetness of Rose; wonderful)

The projection is simply moderate but accompanied with a good longevity just gives the better image about how this scent is meant to be - not for desperate calls for attention with monstrous projection but able to show its presence clearly and respectably. Those who said this smelled like Old-Money and Capitalist hit the spot, Davidoff evoke the image of power and wealth in a manly way.

When you found this one, quickly grab them. They're increasingly rare and hard to find
27th December, 2013
drseid Show all reviews
Davidoff opens with a strong lime note, mixed with just a hint of lemon. This lemon-lime tandem immediately mingles with a very strong oak moss rising all the way from the base, giving the open a very mossy-citric vibe. The oakmoss remains into the heart, now joined by an emerging leather accord that takes a co-starring role with the oakmoss supported by a slightly herb-laced floral tandem consisting of carnation and rose. As Davidoff enters the dry-down stage, it presents primarily as a powdery mossy castoreum-laced leather. Projection and longevity are both excellent.

Davidoff is a fine scent that represents what the best powerhouse scents of the 80s are all about. It must have a tremendous amount of oakmoss in it, as when you spray it on skin you immediately get a blast of that mossy base that you can no longer find in current releases due to ingredient restrictions. The lemon-lime citric mossy green open is quite unique despite many others attempting to emulate it over the years, leading to the fabulous leathery finish. If I have any gripe with Davidoff, it would have to be the scent turns a bit more powdery than I like in the dry-down, but with that said, the overall scent from top to bottom is pretty amazing. As an aside, it is a shame Davidoff is discontinued, but knowing how restricted the oakmoss in it is nowadays, I regrettably have to agree with the decision, as it would not smell anything like it used to if still available today. My advice is to seek out a discontinued bottle as quickly as you can, as they are becoming very scarce and quite pricey on places like eBay. The excellent smelling original Davidoff earns 4 stars out of 5.

24th December, 2012
one of the best, ever! huge and heavy and sexy!
10th July, 2012
It was love at first sniff for me. The mix of lemon/lime and that sweet smoking pipe aroma knocks me off my feet. good longevity and sillage. something i like to spray into my wardrobe so my clothes carry this sweet, citrusy, smoking pipe scent which is so enjoyable.
15th May, 2012
A bottle of potent, refind juice - best ever from this house...and there are plenty of other bottles that Davidoff has put out over the years that are staples in fragrance lovers' wardrobes. It is a true aromatic fougere with an old-school masculine vibe. If you don't like sharp carnation, fresh-squeezed lime and warm leather blended with green notes (basil and artemisia) - then don't even consider buying it. The drydown has nice patchouli and moss coming in, but Davidoff retains its freshness and sharp notes throughout. The amazing castoreum used in this beauty is one of the finest examples of the animalic note's use I have ever tried. This is a classic...a fragrance from yesteryear that can only be worn by someone with class and attitude. You could wear it as a formal fragrance or even dressed down - but you MUST wear it with attitude, or it will wear you.

I put this next to some very special bottles of mine. Davidoff stands up well - in fact, it surpasses some that I hold in very high regard. Refined, powerful, masculine and classic. It has been reviewed very well here and I like what shamu1 said...very MACHO indeed, and rare. 9/10!

**Update** - After multiple wearings and comparisons to scents of this era (and anything in this world that is considered fragrance), I come back to the shirt-staining green juice and take a knee. I bow in admiration - this is a masterpiece among scents. My updated rating is, humbly...perfection. 10/10. Epic.
19th February, 2012 (last edited: 22nd May, 2014)

Add your review of Davidoff

Shop for Davidoff products online

Search Amazon for Davidoff

Member images of Davidoff

There are no member images of Davidoff yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Davidoff