Deauville pour Homme (1999)
by Michel Germain

Deauville pour Homme information

Year of Launch1999

HouseMichel Germain
PackagingPierre Dinand

About Deauville pour Homme

Deauville pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Michel Germain. The scent was launched in 1999 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Deauville pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Deauville pour Homme

Very well made, high quality ingredients... powdery lavender and soft tobacco mixture is amazing. Soft but tenacious longevity and sillage. A keeper in my stable for sure.
07th June, 2014
Sharp and Nasty. The dry down wasn't quite as offensive, however I am puzzled why these notes that I usually enjoy turned out so yuk in this one...?
04th August, 2012
shamu1 Show all reviews
A light, transparent spicy tobacco scent that is very refined. I agree that it's similar to Arpege Pour Homme, albeit a much lighter take on that, and I think it's the iris that makes them similar.

This really is lovely, and very complex, changing all the time during the day. I get herbal, peppery, powdery, anisic notes all in this, drying down to a great spicy tobacco scent. The tobacco is noticeable throughout its development, but becomes dominant in the drydown, though not heavy.

Not the most unique scent in the world, but smooth and sophisticated, and much better than its low price would suggest.

MY RATING: 8.5/10
20th July, 2012
caubol Show all reviews
Great for the first minute, then very powdery. Baby powder. Not too bad if you mix it with something a bit spicier.
30th May, 2012

First there’s a soon-to-become-powdery lavender opening that I find enticing even though I usually don’t care for either lavender or powder. The opening holds for a good long time before it moves into a soft spicy / herbal center level that is more texturally spicy than individually-identifiably spicy. The heart level is enjoyable and comfortable if not dramatic, and it doesn’t last very long. It soon moves into a soft tobacco and amber drydown – well done and elegant. I suppose the orris and oakmoss were the chief contributors to the slight powdery condition of the opening. All the accords of Deauville are beautifully full and proportioned even though they are soft and discreet.

Excellent scent… Scents perform so differently for different people: I am unsure about the Arpege Pour Homme or Bulgari Man comparisons because I dislike both of those, but I totally enjoy Deauville Pour Homme.
04th March, 2011
All the reviews so far are very on-point is describing this scent. I say Swanky's review is 110%. I got the Arpege link as well. I wasn't going to review this but I just tried the new Bulgari Man and it is a rip off of this, though the Bulgari is A LOT smoother. The Bulgari got a neutral rating, so does this. The combo might work well in cool to cold weather maybe, but in hot weather it was simply too much. It also is not lovable for me, just 'OK'.
21st October, 2010

Add your review of Deauville pour Homme

Shop for Deauville pour Homme products online

Shop for Deauville pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Deauville pour Homme

Member images of Deauville pour Homme

There are no member images of Deauville pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?