Déclaration (1998)

Year of Launch1998

HouseCartier
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Déclaration

This woody creation from Cartier was created (apparently) for "Men in Love... Experiencing Passion!" It doesn't say whether by wearing it you get to experience passion! Worth a try though!

Déclaration fragrance notes

Reviews of Déclaration

I like it , spicy and orange ,great.
07th January, 2020
Kissing cousins with (and the progenitor of) Terre d'Hermes, both made by John Claude Ellena, it is very apparent. Dry bergamot over flinty, spicy, peppery cumin. White dry airy spices. I find it pretty powerful. One you spray it it spreads like a cloud around you, but because it is dry and not sweet it doesn't suffocate. After it dries down the vetiver and cedar shine more, in a very clean way. It rightly spawned a bunch of flankers (including Terre). I'm thinking a stainless steel spice rack. Similar. Fairly cold. This is a solid solid thumbs up. Not only is this a good fragrance, its a good value. Its got a pretty nice bottle, the only bugaboo I have is that thin neck below the sprayer.
24th November, 2019
Ok. So I hated Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme thinking it smelled like an old ladys handbag. Declaration is even worse since the old lady just lost her handbag, left her standing there smelling... just old.

No more blind buys for me, lesson learned. I'll just stick to my 35+ favourites. Until the next time I blind buy someting. Maybe.
13th August, 2019 (last edited: 17th August, 2019)
Reply to comment by Shlorpy (Re Declaration having little or no fragrance):
I wonder if some test bottles have been around for too long, in strongly lit stores and have therefore lost their strength.
I have also tested Declaration EDT in a store and found it to be virtually powerless.
I’ve seen tester bottles of Declaration Parfum on display where the contents is a clear fluid. Whereas it’s unquestionably a “light-tea” colour product when new. I’m not sure if the colour change means the strength has changed too.
My suggestion is to try to get a sampler that’s been kept out of the sunlight.
Declaration should be a strong fragrance. It’s a classic, even though I prefer the Essence and D’un Soir flankers.
27th July, 2019
I don't know if I got a bad carded sample or what. I spray this in the air, on a test strip and on myself and I get almost no scent whatsoever. At all.

There's a vague powder odor for maybe 3 minutes and then nothing. It's unlike any fragrance I own. There's no performance here at all, at least to my nose. Oh well!
23rd April, 2019
I got this as a gift. To my nose it smells mainly of a mix of cumin, bitter orange, black pepper, vetiver, and cardamom. It's a very spicy fragrance and the cumin makes this kind of sophisticated. The opening and drydown are largely the same to my nose. It reminds me a lot of Terre d'Hermes. Khaliji by al-Rehab is apparently a clone of this in oil format, by the way - but with an added rose note in the drydown and less natural smelling compared to Cartier Declaration (with a less realistic and more synthetic cumin note). Projection is moderate while longevity is also moderate, projecting loudly for about 2 hours, and then remaining as a skin scent for many hours after that.

29th January, 2019

Add your review of Déclaration

Shop for Déclaration products online

Shop for Déclaration at online perfumeries

CARTIER DECLARATION L"EAU EAU DE TOILETTE 3.3oz./ 100 ml. MEN'S FRANCE AUTHENTIC

$19.90 (2 Bids)
End Date: Wednesday Feb-19-2020 20:05:51 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

CARTIER Declaration EDT (1pc) & ESSENCE(1pc) 1.5 ml/0.05oz Each SAMPLE Spray NEW

End Date: Wednesday Feb-19-2020 20:09:11 PST

DECLARATION by Cartier 3.4 oz 100 ml EDP Spray TESTER for Men New in Box

End Date: Thursday Feb-20-2020 11:31:49 PST
Buy It Now for only: $69.95

Member images of Déclaration

There are no member images of Déclaration yet. Why not be the first?