Design for Men (1992)

HousePaul Sebastian
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchPSI Paul Sebastian Inc

About Design for Men

Design for Men is a masculine fragrance by Paul Sebastian. The scent was launched in 1992

Reviews of Design for Men

Very cheap chemical smelling juice with nothing going for it in the least. Very 80's, synthetic across the board and overall avoidable.
30th August, 2016
Design by Paul Sebatian is a very nice surprise to me. A complete blind buy, I found this to be an amazing scent. It is VERY similar to Ralph Lauren's Polo Sport, however, less with a little 'sport' and a touch more gentleman. Another similar scent to this would be Antonio Puig's Aqua Quorum. This has a deep, dark, aquatic and watery, somewhat mossy tone that grabs you and wants to go to the beach, pool or take the boat out on the lake. In cooler temps, it is great for hanging out on patio drinking with friends or doing some outdoor shopping in the city. It projects like a beast and has extensive sillage and longevity, which is very unexpected for a cologne spray that is NOT an Eau de Toilette. With such a great value, you really can't go wrong with this one for the weekend.
21st December, 2015 (last edited: 22nd December, 2015)
I quite like this as a fresh scent with some staying power. The top notes of lavender, citrus (bergamot and grapefruit for sure, possibly others) and juniper berries blend with some sharp fresh ginger and other spices in the mid notes, then the cedar, oakmoss and musk notes of the base fade in subtly.

The component notes have some similarities with Cartier's Pasha, and to my nose they belong to the same family --- spicy fresh scents that straddle the line between a fresh chypre and a citrus fantasy. It's more of a "feel-good" scent than one to make a bold statement, but I enjoy having it in my collection and wearing it on warm days.
14th July, 2014 (last edited: 13th July, 2014)
Fell in love with this cologne first time I smelled it at the store many moons ago. A lightly oriental, fruity, spicy refreshing fragtance that is fun to wear. Yes, its somewhat synthetic vibe to it but its very well made.
01st May, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Quite a neat design, with a fougère ending

Lavender and amber start from the beginning, and citrus notes are present on the side. Nonetheless, it starts off on an overall somber note. Later a fuity component brightens is up a bit, and further into the drydown cedar and moss start to predominate. Indeed, like in a good number of its contemporaries, throughout the last few hours it is the oakmoss that shines; and whilst this scent has a synthetic feel, the base notes, especially the oakmoss, are quite well done. Overall a very wearable composition that in the latter parts becomes a respectable fougère fragrance. It has good silage and projection, and an excellent longevity on me of about eight hours.

13th August, 2013
I like Paul Sebastian "Fine Cologne" and I love "Casual", so I was predisposed to like this perfume, and even after reading the comments here I decided to buy it after all and find by myself how good it is.
Well, it is as bad as the comments, a total disapointment for me, but then again, I deserved it by not listening to you guys.
I gave it away. good ridance
An unequivocal thumbs down