Desire for a Man (2000)

PerfumerMichel Almairac
Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchWella > Cosmopolitan Cosmetics

About Desire for a Man

The first Dunhill fragrance since the license was acquired by Wella. The bottle is shaped like a hip flask with a strikingly bright red liquid. A very disitinct fragrance.

Desire for a Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Desire for a Man

Desire Red for men really reminds me of the years of 2004-2006..I was always out partying n clubbing in Miami Dade county. And this stuff was fitting the scene at that time for me , it's sweet very sweet, I did recently bought a bottle for a very cheap price , but to be honest I wasn't even thinking about a older version , well I do own a older version of Dunhill red with the logo printed across from the side, and it's very strong , I really had to apply very lightly , I don't mind the smell at all but to me it smells like it belongs at 2000-2006..maybe for the young men out today who hasn't really smelled other colognes and who really aren't into Fragrances n stuff, this stuff gives me a headache , at times I forget that I have a 2005 bottle and not a recent newer version thats a bit watered down, maybe marketing had something to with to promote the other FLANKER if desire red , forgot the name might be red intense , but anyhow after awhile my head really hurts and I have to take a shower , its good cologne , not a great cologne ,I still have my bottle but I never reach for it unless I wanna think about the old days ..but I won't wear it unless it's summer and once in a blue to the gym
30th October, 2019
The entrance is too powdery and soft for me, if that's your gig you'll enjoy this one.

Faint hints of sweet and fruity notes that I'd like to smell more of, but they hide in the background.

Poor strength and weak silage, which is great as I won't have to work hard washing this one off for an evening scent.

If this is what women "Desire" to smell on men, kindly count me out.
08th September, 2019
opens up smelling about as chemical/synthetic as you can get...normally , this would put me off right from the bat , but for some reason it doesn't bother me with this fragrance...it's very pleasant/pleasing to my nose...aromatic and fresh...i get vanilla flavored apple with further freshness provided courtesy of a lime/bergamot touch...add a little muskiness and you have a casual inoffensive fragrance that seems to be a hit with the ladies...my wife likes it...that's always a plus in my book...added bonus is that the bottle is pretty cool looking...there's some other little touches of flavors/notes , but nothing jumps out...decent projection for a while but peters out as it dries down and doesn't last forever...still, for the price point , you can't go wrong with this semi-workhorse...
14th April, 2019
Not a very sophisticated scent. Apple vanilla patchouli musk. Smells kinda late 90s. Wear this while listening to Barbie Girl and Smashmouth.
21st February, 2019
This is definitely going to my collection.
starts with sweet apple and bergamot hmmmm...what a combination.
and stays on for a long time with vanilla and musky scent.
Even when I dont use I just smell it from the bottle to change my mood.

The first time I smelled this was when I bought 12 ml tiny roll on bottle. I started getting compliments and now ended by buying the original bottle.
28th November, 2018
Im really impressed with the Alfred Dunhill house for their fragrances, Fresh is a favourite of mine but Desire just pips it to the post. I will always have a bottle of this in my collection. Now I say this in a very endearing way, the fragrance reminds me of a talc/baby shampoo product which I cant pinpoint and this is a thought that is evoked in my mind every time I smell this stuff. Desire is extremely pleasant and versatile. 8/10
19th September, 2017

Buy It Now for only: $44.95

Buy It Now for only: $44.95

Buy It Now for only: $45.76
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

DUNHILL DESIRE BLUE FOR A MAN EDT SPRAY 3.4 FL OZ MEN NEW SEALED (A48)

End Date: Monday Apr-6-2020 10:50:39 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $32.94
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Dunhill Desire Blue for a Man 3.4 oz / 100ml EDT NIB Sealed ( Blue Box )

End Date: Monday Apr-6-2020 13:59:28 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $45.98
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

DUNHILL DESIRE FOR A MAN 3 PCS SET:5 ML EDT Mini + 1.7 oz Shower+ 1.7 Shave Balm

End Date: Wednesday Apr-8-2020 22:40:47 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $17.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

DUNHILL DESIRE- FOR A MAN- .17 EDT/ 1.7 SOOTHER AFTER SHAVE BALM/ RAZOR- NEW A52

End Date: Thursday Apr-9-2020 10:31:17 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $12.80
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Dunhill Desire Eau De Toilette for a Men 3.4 oz / 100ml EDT NIB Sealed - Red Box

End Date: Saturday Apr-11-2020 5:48:01 PDT

dunhill DESIRE BLUE For A Man 100ml 3.4 New Sealed Box Made In France

End Date: Wednesday Apr-15-2020 16:21:09 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $28.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Desire London by Alfred Dunhill for Men 3 Pc Gift Set 3.4oz EDT Spray, 3oz A...

End Date: Friday Apr-17-2020 4:39:35 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $36.12

Member images of Desire for a Man

There are no member images of Desire for a Man yet. Why not be the first?