Diesel Plus Plus (1997)

HouseDiesel
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections
Parent Company at launchPerform Group > Marbert

About Diesel Plus Plus

Diesel Plus Plus is a masculine fragrance by Diesel. The scent was launched in 1997

Reviews of Diesel Plus Plus

I bought this fragrance as a nostalgia-buy, as I used to wear this in the early/mid 2000s and remembered enjoying it (gaining a few compliments along the way). I was glad to see that it's now a bargain-outlet scent at a price to match (£10-£15). It's apparently discontinued, though I had no trouble finding a bottle from a wholesaler on ebay at a good price.

I do get the 'dairy vibe' from this, although it is a pleasant, non-cloying sweetness (rather than spoiled milk) veering toward a slight coconut warmth as opposed to straight-up milk. It has a verbena-lemon citrus alongside this (kind of sherberty rather than 'lemon-fresh'), which is mellower on the skin than from the cap. Projection isn't spectacular here, but it does mean you don't need to be too careful about overdoing it. Would definitely class as a casual / casual-office scent (dress-down Friday as opposed to executive), or for a dressed-down night-out at the local. Not a date scent (unless your date is a confirmed fan of 90's fragrances).

I was initally unsure of the product origin as mine has Marbert Cosmetics listed on the bottle, though after checking, it seems this is / was the legitimate producer of Diesel Plus Plus up to 2006 (http://www.basenotes.net/brand/diesel) so may have unwittingly grabbed a vintage.

Overall, it could be said to be a younger fragrance, although I can only see people over 30 remembering this now. I'm a believer that some fragrances get compliments purely because they invoke nostalgia in someone who might have fond memories of it. I've got one or two from girls my age (35) who recognised the scent. It's definitely a late-90's / 2000's product, so is ideal for any previous owners in their 30's-40's looking for another bottle at a decent price.
03rd January, 2016 (last edited: 09th January, 2016)
Fun-plastic

To my suprise a very good and fun fragrance!
As i always disliked these type of marketed scents from those brands(replay,diesel,playboy,ferrari)
As i always placed them in a category "Ahhh we need to make a fragrance too!"

This one is a pleasant tropical/oriental delight!
Im not shocked by its projection as many say its projecting big time... in my opinion its a moderate projector.
The package and bottle design breathes fun and creativity and thats what this scent is all about FUN !
An uplifting and positive scent with a little bite.

Well sweetly blended but in a good way with its palm leaves and heliotrope and got spiced up by the cinnamon.

Can be used also in warmer weather conditions but will be at its best in winter time.
Ages till 35 yrs max. (not that this is a childish scent)
If your going to a beach party or a dance party night this will be a pleasant wearing.
Sprays are mild so spray about 8-10 to get some sillage.

Longevity is moderate to good.
Sillage is OK

Only bad thing is that it somehow stings on my skin when applied?? Is this a reaction from the alcohol? the stings dont last offcourse...

Great product fun to have and fun to use!

Pros: Sheerfull
Cons: Can be dull "

25th August, 2013
del Show all reviews
Sweet, Warm , and Youthful

Diesel Plus Plus Masculine is one of the scents that hooked me into sweet fragrances. It smells like an assortment of candied fruits, kind of like sugary, but maintains masculinity. The mellowed sweetness after the brief strong opening, is really pleasant and not cloying. Overall, it is milky/creamy -- a really warm fragrance if you want to feel youthful or if you are around younger crowd.
The longevity is very good – I use 5-7 sprays spread out around my body and neck, and the projection is not over-empowering. Don’t be fooled by the price (around $15-$20), Diesel++ Masculine is an enjoyable scent that is quite unique.... it will always be a part of my wardrobe.

Pros: Very affordable
Cons: Maybe "too youthful" to some"

06th August, 2013
Plus Plus Sweet Sweet

Diesel Plus Plus was familiar upon the first spray.

This resembles Dunhill Desire Red as another reviewer described.

I can tolerate Plus Plus while Desire Red is more synthetic if that's possible and almost headache inducing.

Somehow my nose missed the creamy caramel and milky scent so many describe.

(Whaaaa! I wanted creamy caramel and milk.)

All I get is a linear sweet berry scent that is a twin of Desire Red but more wearable.

It's an okay scent but something I'll rarely grab.

Pros: Better than expected
Cons: Very Synthetic"

16th July, 2013
Noah2 Show all reviews
Just wanted to point out, this is not discontinued. You can buy this scent in the U.K. in bargin price stores. I used to enjoy this scent when I was younger, brings back a lot of memories- it's milky, and oriental yet has a clean vibe. definitely aimed at a younger audience
24th April, 2013
Great fragrance bargain buy. You wear this, you will not smell like anyone else. It's a nice sweet, creamy/milky oriental unlike anything out there for the price. Go snatch it.
14th January, 2013

Add your review of Diesel Plus Plus

Shop for Diesel Plus Plus products online

Shop for Diesel Plus Plus at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Diesel Plus Plus

Member images of Diesel Plus Plus

There are no member images of Diesel Plus Plus yet. Why not be the first?