Fuel for Men / DK Men (1994)
by Donna Karan

Fuel for Men / DK Men information

Year of Launch1994

HouseDonna Karan
PackagingStephen Weiss
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Fuel for Men / DK Men

Fuel for Men / DK Men is a masculine fragrance by Donna Karan. The scent was launched in 1994 and the bottle was designed by Stephen Weiss

Fuel for Men / DK Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Fuel for Men / DK Men

Kaern Show all reviews
I was testing lots of fragrances in Harrods recently -- all niche and uber expensive and while I was doing this I kept a satin strip of this fragrance to compare. I found practically nothing that was equal to or better than Fuel for Men. These re-issues are simply wonderful -- Signature, Chaos, etc.

Citrusy, woody, leathery and creamy -- it's not groundbreaking or anything but it is a lovingly blended masculine that lasts for ages.

I just wish I had the original bottle!
31st July, 2014
Fuel for Men launches with an intensely sweet tropical fruit and orange accord that nearly overwhelms my nose. A burst of aldehydes soon follows, but itís only a prelude to a startlingly contrasted leather accord. Smelling this rapid progression is like watching a virtuoso gymnastic performance. I marvel at just how Fuel for Men pulls the whole sequence off. The fruit and leather bounce off of one another for some time after their initial collision, and give Fuel for Men a sense of constant motion thatís peculiarly apt for the name. A distinctive nutty note eventually settles over the resonating fruit and leather to contribute a nearly tactile plush surface to the structure.

Fuel for Menís base includes a tangy animalic musk, and this becomes more prominent as the scent develops. Never does it dominate enough to make Fuel for Men smell lascivious Ė just warm and sensuous in a perfectly civilized manner. The scent projects far enough to make its presence known, but itís not so potent as to become annoying in close quarters. The reissue is certainly welcome, for while Fuel for Men is versatile and easy to wear, itís also full of character, and definitely not just another boring scent for men.
14th June, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Fruit and wood

Fresh pinapple with other fruits and a touch of citrus develop into a deeper scent with wood, a green note and a touch if light musk. Quite unique on my skin with three hours of longevity. Original and well blended - I sampled the vintage version.

07th June, 2013
Did you ever wish that there were five choices instead of three?
Did you ever notice that if you start a question with, "did you ever," you immediately read it in Andy Rooney's voice?
Did you ever really like the opening few hours of a fragrance only the have it taper off and become meaningless at about 4 hours in. By lunch I I kept thinking to myself, "this ain't so hot," but I know I felt like a million bucks at around 10.

So this positive comes with a disclaimer that the magic wears off quickly, but it absolutely lasts long enough if you're entering a "first impression" situation.

That's an important sentence, so it gets its little area. So how does it smell when it's chewing bubblegum and kicking ass? It smells like a wonderful fruity, ambery, suede with a slight marzipan vibe. And what happens to hurt it so much later? Well, it certainly doesn't go "bad," but it definitely gets the pizzazz drained out of it.

It is what it is.
13th December, 2011
I'm so glad this was re-issued as I was a fan of the bold DK fragrances from this period in the nineties (I still own a bottle of the outstanding Chaos).

The descriptions below are pretty spot on; a rich, slightly balsamic mix of sweet, smokey tobacco and a little fruit. There is also a strong hint of something like shoe polish in the mix which might put some people off.

As others have said it's GREAT in the first hour... but I'm less keen on the sweetened mustiness (not muskiness) that emerges during the dry down as it bares a very heavy resemblance to L'Air de Rien to my nose (not a scent I like, unfortunately).

Anyway, overall, Fuel for Men is a terrific fragrance.
23rd April, 2011 (last edited: 04th September, 2011)
I got a whiff of the relaunched Fuel for Men at Bergdorf's in New York a year or so ago, but at the time I had so many fragrances on my wrists and hands and arms and nostrils that I could not judge properly. Concerning the original, I've still hoarded a supply of various mini bottles of this and I have a little bit left in my original full-size. I remember this scent very well from when I was a kid, and all I can say is that it is some high octane sh*t - a warm, creamy, leathery fragrance that is VERY masculine. Not offensive at all, but this can announce your presence very well. DK Men is a very distinctive scent, and once you smell it you'll never forget it.

So yes, a creamy, leathery fragrance that starts out smelling like leather and booze with a hint of fruitiness to me. As it dries down, it still retains this, however just becoming smoother and woodsier - like a warm burning fireplace. I would not be surprised if tobacco is in this. The sandalwood is a key player here, interacting with the juniper, almond, pineapple and musk to create the leather/smoky aroma. Suede and motor oil? You bet. This is THE scent to wear with a leather jacket, no doubt. Sillage isn't monster, but the fragrance does last a good while. An absolutely wonderful masculine cold weather scent, and one of my all-time favorites.
23rd October, 2010 (last edited: 09th January, 2011)

Add your review of Fuel for Men / DK Men

Shop for Fuel for Men / DK Men products online

Shop for Fuel for Men / DK Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fuel for Men / DK Men

Member images of Fuel for Men / DK Men

There are no member images of Fuel for Men / DK Men yet. Why not be the first?