DKNY Men (original) (2000)
    by Donna Karan

Average Rating: 3

Based on 101 ratings

DKNY Men (original) Fragrance Notes

DKNY Men (original) information

Like the female version, launched the previous year, this has a over tall bottle. The fragrance is very fresh.

Reviews of DKNY Men (original)

Showing 1 to 6 of 28 reviews.

shadowzxfire's avatar

Taiwan Taiwan

I guess I feel differently than most people here, but I think that this is a pretty good scent and is unique-ish in my area (college in Philly). I use it primarily as a casual daytime scent during warmer weather because the sillage isn't too strong (it dies down after like 1-2 hours, but when there is a breeze, I can smell it again). Longevity on me is around 6 hours. I have also used it as a night out scent during the warmer nights if the summer and it seems to do pretty well! I would recommend it for late teens to college kids for a versatile summer scent. I know its been discontinued, but i found a few bottles at a Canadian and US Duty Free shop near Niagara Falls recently (August 2014)

26th August, 2014

Darvant's avatar

There is a main olfactory trait, a sort of raspberry/lemon/orange/grapefruit acute effect (completed by hints of spicy dustiness, some gingery chemical "fizziness" and a touch of something burnt) that characterizes the whole aroma of this effectively more than tolerably synthetic fragrance. Some facets remind me Paco Rabane XS, conjuring me anyway something fruitier ideally blended with something else close to Joop Nightflight. The aroma is a lot 90's kind and conjures me a lot some typical mainstream fragrances from that age. I find the smell unfortunately unpleasant and too pungent, unbalanced and onedimentional. Horrible packaging.

18th March, 2013 (Last Edited: 07th January, 2014)

yeager4772's avatar

I bought it in 2003 thinking it was good, and I liked it.
    Recently I have smelled it again and...oh my! What's that chemical juice??
    Our taste in perfumes evolve and get more refined over years expecially if you get training with real quality scents.

04th January, 2011

masj78's avatar

I got this when it first came out. Quite a multitude of notes in this one its difficult to tell what they are and smells a bit feminine. There is citrus,soapy,spice,florals,woods and all sorts. Also despite being kept in a dark cupboard I think my bottle has gone off as smells sour and flat, so stopped wearing it. Same thing happened to my polo sport.

13th August, 2010

Lo Grecco's avatar

Blah! Argh! A real mess. After around 30 minutes, it smells like a bad chemical cleaner on my skin. My first thought was that the tester they´ve used had some problem. I´ve returned to the store and asked to a spritz from a different bottle. Same thing. Believe me, it is incredible how this smells so bad.

24th March, 2010

Renato's avatar

It's fresh, it's sharpish, it's long lasting and, to me, it smells quite classy and opulent - a notch above other well made fresh scents with a bit of citrus in them.
    Renato

21st July, 2009

Add your review of DKNY Men (original)