Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (1994)
by Dolce & Gabbana

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme information

Year of Launch1994

HouseDolce & Gabbana
PerfumerMax Gavary
Parent Company at launchEuroitalia

About Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

Already a classic. This fragrance has a truly sexy scent. The box has a deep blue velvety finish.

When launched, this fragrance won all three awards at the International Academy Awards of The Academia del Profumo. (Best Fragrance, Best Packaging and Best Advertising)

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

I purchased this fragrance after reading and hearing so many good things about it. This was definitely a blind buy. The first spray turned me off totally. The dry down is a composition of poor projection and longevity with 30 minutes tops. Yes, i cant smell it on me even when i travel in my car just after spraying it.
D&G PH is not my cup of tea to say the least. Well it could be the reformulation that has chomped on its performance but i am not a fan of this scent anyways.
This smell makes me sick and gives me a sore throat. If not my worst purchase, this scent will be my biggest regret, a waste of money.
Dolce & Gabbana, you sure can do better.

13th November, 2016
I believe this was reformulated; I have the older version. One of the most powerful longevity and sillage I’ve encountered, the only cologne I have in that ballpark is Ted by Ted Lapidus. Not sure how to describe this one…a bit chemical, a bit rubbery, a lot of things I can’t describe, and all masculine. I don’t recall ever smelling anything like this. Not for every day, but paired with a suit this is certain to leave quite an impression. 10/10 for originality.
06th November, 2016
I have an original sticker bottle from 2007 and the first reformulated version I received as a gift in 2009. To be clear, the original is the only one worth messing with and will be the main subject of this review.

I don't know if I smell all the notes listed in the pyramid, but here is what I do smell:

Lemon
Lavender
Tonka
Tobacco

This combo of ingredients is fantastic! The reformulated versions are missing the lavender + tonka/tobacco and that is not okay in my opinion. The scent lasts about 10 hours and gets better the longer it has been on your skin.
07th June, 2016
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme is a nice lemon fragrance, the blueprint, perhaps, for Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche and Frapin L'Humaniste. It reminds me more of the Chanel, although this one seems to have better longevity.
06th June, 2016
sharp, floral, citrusy with a signature note which reminds one of man.aubusson types of fragrances. this however is brighter and fresher kinds. a kind of scent which suits any occasion. nothing mysterious about it though. don't go overboard with your sprays, 4-5 max.
06th June, 2016
Great scent. Plenty of compliments. Although it was introduced over twenty years ago it doesn't smell dated or 90s. It smells modern and classic at the same time. Great citrus open with amazing tonka woody tobacco dry down. Longevity is fair on me with decent projection. With the quality and price everyone should have this in their collection. Enjoy!
15th May, 2016 (last edited: 16th November, 2016)

Add your review of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme