Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (1994)
    by Dolce & Gabbana

Average Rating: 4

Based on 1164 ratings

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme Fragrance Notes

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme information

Already a classic. This fragrance has a truly sexy scent. The box has a deep blue velvety finish.
    When launched, this fragrance won all three awards at the International Academy Awards of The Academia del Profumo. (Best Fragrance, Best Packaging and Best Advertising)

Reviews of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 248 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: FougŤre

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme is a pleasant little find. It goes on smooth and sweet, with honeyed spices and neroli in an accord thatís daringly floral for a modern menís scent. A generous helping of tonka or vanilla, soft woods, and a strong, pulpy fruit note come into play as the top notes settle. All merge quickly with the sweet spices to build the scentís foundation. Dolce & Gabbanaís heart is relatively bright, sweet, and more oriental than fougŤre to my nose. Its surface is smoothed over by a velvety heliotrope and almond accord.

Dolce & Gabbana projects strongly and leaves plenty of sillage, but its soft quality keeps it from smelling overly potent or abrasive, as many of the modern sweet fruity menís scents can. Nor does it lean on the gourmand chocolate and coffee notes that have come to seem so banal in the wake of A*Men and Le Male. The drydown is all vanilla, velvety woods, and soft musk, still seasoned by the sweet almond richness of heliotrope. I donít smell any moss in it at all.

If Dolce & Gabbana has a fault, itís that the fruit note featured so prominently at its heart smells a bit crude and synthetic, though not so much as to suggest a cheap hard candy. Pleasant is the word that I keep coming back to as I wear this scent. Itís not all that original, even rather bland, but itís easy to like and strikes me as quite versatile. The young men who douse themselves in Axe or pour whole bottles of A*Men over their heads in a misguided effort to attract women could do far worse than switch to this nice little fragrance.

12 June, 2014

cologne65's avatar

dolce & gabbana pour homme is a rather subtle fragrance that does not last long when wearing.

06 January, 2014

cerjr's avatar

Inexpensive everyday scent.

This is a well-balanced formula, inoffensive and perfect for daily wear. I have very few complaints on this, but if pressed I'd say if it were slightly less sweet you'd have an even better result. This could be worn at the office without complaints, and is probably good for almost any weather as well. Not much to dislike here, and the barbershop background is a winner.

Pros: Solid scent with little to disapprove of.
    Cons: Slightly sweet, and low projection."

10th July, 2013

BRM85282's avatar

A Shadow of its former greatness, but still pretty good.

I first discovered Dolce and Gabbana PH in the late 1990s/2000s when I was in college and in my 20s. The monster projection and longevity of the original formulation was a true beast. I wore whenever I went out at night...to the clubs, on dates, at parties. I got massive compliments and positive comments. It was the signature scent of one of the most impressionable times of my life...it captured the last few years of my youth and the transition to adulthood. I wore it when I was dating the woman who would become my wife and even wore it at my wedding.

Then, a few years later, I grew up, landed a "real" job, bought a house, and had a couple of kids. At this point, the loud in-your-face fragrance I wore to the clubs wasn't really appropriate for the office or to family nights out at Peter Piper Pizza. Although when my wife and I would go to Vegas for a quick vacation without the kids, I would douse myself with a quick spray, and I was ready to go.

Just the other day, I bought a bottle online. When I smelled it again, I immediately noticed the reformulation. This was from the 2009/UK formulation (yes, it is 2013 so i was sold old stock, but that's for another post). This new version is a shadow of it's former self. Yes, it does smell similar, yes, the projection is quite a bit less and the longevity is less than half of what it used to be. I was immediately disappointed, but the more I wore wear it,the more at peace I am with it. For me, it retains its essence, but now it's a lot more "safe" to wear to the office or even at a family night out. It has evolved with me, but I am still nostalgic for the memories I used to have.

Am I happy with the reformulations? No, but I am at peace with them. I understand why designers do this sort of thing...to save money, etc. My real gripe with this is that scent is one strongest memories we have, and this is D&G's way of telling me to move on and grow up. I just don't want to!

I suggest they come out with a EdP version of the reformulation to restore it back to its former glory. I know that I would immediately got out and buy a bottle!

Pros: Brings back great memories
    Cons: One word: Reformulations!

01st June, 2013

mlsweeney's avatar

The Ultimate Versatile Fragrance

I think this is a nice scent to have in a collection. It is versatile and can be used in basically any situation. I'd say the only situation that would be hard to pull off is in a club just because its performance isn't that great. I really enjoy Dolce & Gabanna's presentation of the box and bottle as well.

My biggest complaint is the scent itself. It's pretty boring and generic but that doesn't have to be a bad thing if you're looking for a versatile scent.

7.9/10

Pros: 1. Very versatile 2. Affordable designer fragrance 3. Fantastic box and bottle design
    Cons: 1. Somewhat generic 2. Slightly below average performance 3. Not complex

01st June, 2013

wormstir's avatar

safe daytime scent

A very safe light aromatic fougere that won't frighten the horses. A light citrus backed up with a hint of gentle anise barbershop. Good for daytime workwear but a bit conservative and unsexy for social occasions

Pretty decent longevity too

Pros: safe purchase
    Cons: bit conservative

16 May, 2013

Add your review of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

Search for on eBay United States

Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme Eau De Toilette 4.2 oz MEN NIB & Sealed
    • Time Left: 20 days
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 1 Bid(s)
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    NIB Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau De Toilette Pour Homme for men 0.15 oz.
    • Time Left: 28 days
    DOLCE GABBANA POUR HOMME COLOGNE 4.2 OZ EDT SPRAY NIB SEALED
    • Time Left: 20 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    D & G Light Blue Living Stromboli Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana EDT Spray 4.2 oz
    • Time Left: 27 days