Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (1994)
by Dolce & Gabbana

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme information

Year of Launch1994

HouseDolce & Gabbana
PerfumerMax Gavary
Parent Company at launchEuroitalia

About Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

Already a classic. This fragrance has a truly sexy scent. The box has a deep blue velvety finish.

When launched, this fragrance won all three awards at the International Academy Awards of The Academia del Profumo. (Best Fragrance, Best Packaging and Best Advertising)

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

I have an original sticker bottle from 2007 and the first reformulated version I received as a gift in 2009. To be clear, the original is the only one worth messing with and will be the main subject of this review.

I don't know if I smell all the notes listed in the pyramid, but here is what I do smell:

This combo of ingredients is fantastic! The reformulated versions are missing the lavender + tonka/tobacco and that is not okay in my opinion. The scent lasts about 10 hours and gets better the longer it has been on your skin.
07th June, 2016
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme is a nice lemon fragrance, the blueprint, perhaps, for Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche and Frapin L'Humaniste. It reminds me more of the Chanel, although this one seems to have better longevity.
06th June, 2016
sharp, floral, citrusy with a signature note which reminds one of man.aubusson types of fragrances. this however is brighter and fresher kinds. a kind of scent which suits any occasion. nothing mysterious about it though. don't go overboard with your sprays, 4-5 max.
06th June, 2016
Great scent. Plenty of compliments. Although it was introduced over twenty years ago it doesn't smell dated or 90s. It smells modern and classic at the time. Great citrus open with amazing tonka woody tobacco dry down. Longevity is fair on me with decent projection. With the quality and price everyone should have this in their collection. Enjoy!
15th May, 2016
Vintage was exceptional, competed well against the super slick Armani Pour Homme of the 80's It was a gift in the mid nineties from a girlfriend. Used it up and purchased a 50ml, sorry no, 75ml in the mid 2000's and meh??!!
A Vintage bottle is coming my way. We'll see.
Vintage Late EuroItalia 2004 is as close to the original as I remember.
Strong Tobacco drydown and a nice plonk of Synth Sandalwood.
19th March, 2016 (last edited: 01st July, 2016)
I don’t know how Pour Homme smells today, but I recently acquired an early Euroitalia bottle of this (mostly for nostalgia, as I wore this fragrance in the Nineties, without even loving it that much back then) and all I can say is that it smells, well, really good. Not exciting, not particularly fascinating... but just totally, really good. Almost astonishingly good. All I get is lavender, tobacco, a drop of creamy, slightly orange-infused citrus and a mellow, agreeably sweet base of musk, vetiver and tonka, initially briefly refreshed by a sort of Mediterranean herbal-tea accord in which I think I get mostly sage and something like thyme paired with, well, “something” that reminds me of juicy bittersweet black tea (that may be due to tobacco, though; fresh grounded tobacco has often a tea-like aroma).

The notes may sound a bit generic, while the result is inexplicably complex, totally unique and recognizable, way more than it may seem by reading the composition. In fact I can’t really think of anything similar to this, maybe some facets of vintage Dreamer by Versace for the same tobacco-musk-lavender “clean and warm” base, or some other tobacco designer scents, but that’s a long shot in any case since there’s quite something more – and mostly better – going on in Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme. I guess this uniqueness is due to the way musk, tobacco, tonka and citrus interact, they create “something” really comforting, clean (musk and lavender), slightly sweet and warm (tonka and tobacco, plus that “tea” accord I mentioned above) but with a really classy touch of tart, herbal citrus freshness, which altogether create an uplifting sense of confidence, affability and informality with a sultry shade of class, a perfect balance I rarely found in other fragrances. Guess this is an example of how a skillful, eclectic and mature composition smells like. Maybe uncreative, but not anything has to (try to...) be creative. Truly a soothing classy sillage with just the right hint of clean, smoothly modern and understated “genericness” which makes this fragrance a really enjoyable and solid everyday option, with a particular “youthful” vibe. Quite linear, but if something smells this nice, that’s just a plus.

Given the number of negative reviews I read about Pour Homme I assume that today it smells probably a bit more synthetic and harsh than it used to, and I can really believe that since the quality of Euroitalia works of the Eighties/Nineties was quite much higher if compared to today’s standards among designers – not to mention Dolce & Gabbana usual standards, which make Pour Homme even more a unique standout. The early Made in Italy version surely has some soapy-synthetic feel especially on the musky-lavender notes, but overall it has an undisputable solid quality and a remarkably rich, fulfilling and breezy texture that makes it really worthy a sniff – if not a blind purchase in case of good deals (way more than the nice albeit totally overrated By Man in my opinion, to mention the only other masculine Dolce & Gabbana scent worth some care).

24th October, 2015

Add your review of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

Shop for Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme products online

Shop for Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

Member images of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

There are no member images of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?