Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (1994)
    by Dolce & Gabbana

Average Rating: 4

Based on 1164 ratings

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme Fragrance Notes

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme information

Already a classic. This fragrance has a truly sexy scent. The box has a deep blue velvety finish.
    When launched, this fragrance won all three awards at the International Academy Awards of The Academia del Profumo. (Best Fragrance, Best Packaging and Best Advertising)

Reviews of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 253 reviews.

riverbank's avatar

I tried D&G's 'Pour Homme' even though I'm not one. After all, many of my favorite perfumes were designed to be used by people of either/any sex so I often try scents that weren't formulated specifically for me.
    The present version of D&G's 'Pour Homme' is a nice enough scent. Although the Tangerine may not smell exactly like the real fruit, I prefer it to the many Citrons and Oranges that find their way into men's colognes. I would have liked a little less Tangerine and a little more of the other scents that make up the smooth background of this cologne. The complexity is already there, but it has been overwhelmed by the fruit like a breakfast that is all orange juice and no toast.
    I am of two minds about the fresh soapiness in this scent. While it would be nice to know that you smelled as if you had just stepped out of the shower all day long, I wonder about that scent when it combines with the real scent of a human body that has put in a full day's work. I'd prefer to leave a shower with my own neutral scent rather than smelling as if I had forgotten to rinse.
    While I won't be adding a bottle of D&G 'Pour Homme ' to my cabinet of scents I can think of colognes for men that are far less pleasant on the nose than this one. Just walk through a shopping mall or a High-school hallway, or pick up a magazine that is designed to appeal to men and your nose will be assailed by a number of scents that make 'Pour Homme' smell very welcome indeed. It gets a positive rating from me because there are far worse scents available for men than this slightly formulaic one.

12th December, 2014

perfumedforlife's avatar

To me this is summer in a bottle. I am personally not a fan of summer perfumes, but this is one of the most well done formulations I have come across and it almost made me a summer perfume wearer. It has a little bit of sun tan lotion, a little bit of the sea breeze, and some sunshine thrown in for good measure. It also manages to avoid being over the top or overbearing in its sillage and lasted for about 3-4 hours on my skin. If you want to remember your vacation in Rome in the middle of December or have an enjoyable summer option, pour homme is definitely the way to go!

13th October, 2014

Surreal's avatar

Thats a classic from the 90's ,full of class with lemon and quite fresh opening that settles down
    to a sweeter base with tobacco and some nicely rounded woods!
    Excellent stuff.

I dont usually edit or change my statements or reviews, but I have to add here the review for DG PH
    2012 version in order to save some peoples MONEY!!!
    I am a fan of the original made in Italy DG but lately I received a new bottle 125ml which is made in UK (original)
    Watch out guys!!! its reformulated and they have done it in the worst way!
    watered down,all this richness of the original tobacco has lost.....in stead you get a fresh lemony top that dries down in some airy woody base that is very light and unable to detect after 2-4 hours...
    I am really disappointed thats why I edited my review,to share this with you before you buy your new DG,TEST IT!!! its different and weaker!!!
    BOTTOM LINE : ITS A SHAME TO 'FIX' SOMETHING THAT'S NOT BROKEN.

11th October, 2014 (Last Edited: 26th October, 2014)

buyers_remorse's avatar

I love it, but when I was in hospital and wore it as I was there for 2 months, the English nurses, absolutely hated it and were very vocal about it spraying hospital disinfectant and covering thier noses as they walked past when I sprayed it on. Funny though I left and gave it to the English guy next to me, and they loved it on him. Maybe it doesn't work well on tanned skin and only white skin? I went back to see the geezer I gave it to, and he said they all asked him what it was and bought bottles for their partners. Strange that happened when my mother bought in Chicken curry and they all complained about the smell of curry, the garlic and chillie, however chicken curry was the first thing to be sold out of at meal times and the canteen! Its now the National dish so often the reaction is based on passive aggression and not the article. Sorry this fragrance turns into a social comment, but when has just come out of a coma, after 4 moths and has a shave and bath after that time, and want a beer, food one remembers the reaction of caring staff and I had this fragrance then bought in to say get well soon. Smells can evokes memories.

03rd September, 2014

NazguL2's avatar

Classy is classy. I earned a lot of compliments when I was in my 20th
    I love it like my signature scent for daily even now that I'm older

05th August, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: FougŤre

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme is a pleasant little find. It goes on smooth and sweet, with honeyed spices and neroli in an accord thatís daringly floral for a modern menís scent. A generous helping of tonka or vanilla, soft woods, and a strong, pulpy fruit note come into play as the top notes settle. All merge quickly with the sweet spices to build the scentís foundation. Dolce & Gabbanaís heart is relatively bright, sweet, and more oriental than fougŤre to my nose. Its surface is smoothed over by a velvety heliotrope and almond accord.

Dolce & Gabbana projects strongly and leaves plenty of sillage, but its soft quality keeps it from smelling overly potent or abrasive, as many of the modern sweet fruity menís scents can. Nor does it lean on the gourmand chocolate and coffee notes that have come to seem so banal in the wake of A*Men and Le Male. The drydown is all vanilla, velvety woods, and soft musk, still seasoned by the sweet almond richness of heliotrope. I donít smell any moss in it at all.

If Dolce & Gabbana has a fault, itís that the fruit note featured so prominently at its heart smells a bit crude and synthetic, though not so much as to suggest a cheap hard candy. Pleasant is the word that I keep coming back to as I wear this scent. Itís not all that original, even rather bland, but itís easy to like and strikes me as quite versatile. The young men who douse themselves in Axe or pour whole bottles of A*Men over their heads in a misguided effort to attract women could do far worse than switch to this nice little fragrance.

12th June, 2014

• Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 21 days
    Dolce And Gabbana Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Mens Gift Set Nib
    (Shipping from United States)
    Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme Perfumed Deodorant Spray 75ml/2.5fl.oz New In Box!
    • Time Left: 20 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    DOLCE AND GABBANA POUR HOMME 3.3 OZ., 100ML. SHOWER GEL NEW & SEALED IN BOX!
    Dolce and Gabbana - Pour Homme Light Blue EDT .15oz - NIB
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 4 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    DOLCE AND GABBANA POUR HOMME BY D&G 3.3 OZ., 100 ML. SHOWER GEL. NEW!
    (Shipping from United States)
    **(10) Dolce And Gabbana Pour Homme Sample Vials 0.06 Oz Ea! Brand New!!
    • Time Left: 7 days