Domain (2000)

HouseMary Kay

About Domain

Domain is a masculine fragrance by Mary Kay. The scent was launched in 2000

Reviews of Domain

Received this as a gift for hosting a party.

Complete Junk! Hate it! I would give it away to the first person that likes it.
16th February, 2014
For reviews on Domain, check those of Creed's Himalaya, Paco Rabanne's XS, Chanel's Allure, Montblanc's Legacy, Brook Brothers for Men, Ralph Lauren's Safari, Davidoff's Champion, Lauder's Intuition or the now discontinued Ô de Lancôme pour Homme (add to these Alliance, Kevin Black and Kevin Sport by Fragancias Cannon if you live around the River Plate area, namely, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay): they all share the same top notes, which I suspect must be some aromachemical named Bergamotol, Rhubarbex, Bergarubhol or Greenex.

Suggestion: make sure to replace the word "eau de toilette" with "eau de cologne".

If the above mention don't tell you much, it is a conservative powdery and subtle scent like many others which will bring compliments if, by chance, it is noticed.

I like it though, I am into conservative and subtle scents.
12th December, 2011 (last edited: 16th December, 2011)
Eh, its okay. It is rather weak. Wait, no, it is extremely weak. And terrible. A transparent woodsy and soapy scent. In fact, it reminds me of another "just because we need a fragrance in our line up" scent from GH Bass (from Van Heusen). I would never give this as a gift even if it was $5 a bottle. One would have better chances with an Avon product.
15th August, 2011
My aunt, a Mary Kay rep., gave me a bottle of this for some occasion. I tried to wear it, and appreciated the gesture, but Domain is not for me. The top notes sting of medicine and wasp repellant, and certainly take their time to settle. The middle notes retain the sharpness of the top, but give rise to more approachable petigrain, green berries, ozone, juniper, and...lavender? When the EDT reaches its basenotes, it settles into a non-descript acidic and woodsy accord.

When searching for Domain on this website, I came across a discussion comparing Domain to Abercrombie Woods. While the comparison had never struck me, I suppose it is relevant. I much prefer Woods with its hints of vanilla, but would never wear either.
21st December, 2008

Add your review of Domain

Shop for Domain products online

Search Amazon for Domain

Member images of Domain

There are no member images of Domain yet. Why not be the first?