Dunhill Edition (1984)

SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchDunhill

About Dunhill Edition

This fresh spicy fragrance is ideal for a distinguished gentleman. Packaged in a stylish black box.

Dunhill Edition fragrance notes

Reviews of Dunhill Edition

There is a rather prominent difference between production releases. The "Dunhill" without the dot and "EDITION" printed right below Dunhill on the bottle is the newer release.
I managed to obtain the earlier release and find this so easy to enjoy, nicely composed, with woods nicely accompanied by a swirl of herbs. I don't get very much basil, but more nutmeg and sage. No sharp edges on this one, that can typically be experienced with nutmeg and cedar. Everything is smoothed over. Longevity is about average, but the aroma is well worth it. I had to get backups and the aftershave too. :-)
15th April, 2017
It's not my sort of fragrance...I gave it a shot, but it ended up becoming cloying and a "scrubber." ;^<

The initial application brings a strong spicy blast, accented by the citrus notes. It then settles into a dry, spicy-woody scent with the basil, sage, clove and nutmeg really sticking out. I was hoping for a mellowing out from the listed lavender note, but I can't detect it. The result is a dated, smoky, stale fragrance that I, in my 40's, tried to like but couldn't. It's like, meh, smells like an old spice cabinet that hasn't been washed in years!

Dunhill Edition is indisputably "old school" in nature, hailing from the experimental and loud 80's era. I am not crazy about it, but I know there are proponents of this type of aromatic-mossy-spicy scent I'm sure.

A test spritz is HIGHLY recommended vs. flat-out blind buying it. As for me, it just didn't do it, and I'll probably add my portion to the "swap list."
03rd March, 2017 (last edited: 04th March, 2017)
Sandalwood, right off the bat. It's the same High Quality of the original Armani Eau Pour Homme 1984. Worth buying for that as it remains in the background throughout. The top notes of Basil and Clary Sage stand out for me and are two of my favourite notes.
The Floral heart is lightly spiced to a classic masculine bouquet.
Smooth and pleasant base of Sandal and Quality musk.
Amber? Maybe a light touch.
Not an 80's monster. Elegant.
04th September, 2016
From the listed notes, basil best describes the opening for me, followed by lemon: delicious and office appropriate. The base has a gamy woodiness with the basil fading to a memory.
29th August, 2016
A great masterpiece. While I can't isolate clove, the overall effect of spices is very uplifting. Longevity is decent. 8 hours and then it is a skin scent. Development could have been better. Seems pretty linear which is not bad in this case as the fragrance is pretty amazing
04th May, 2016 (last edited: 05th May, 2016)
Classy. Big nutmeg and clove, some cinnamon and dry cedar. Good longevity. I keep the bottle next to my Cacharel pH and Halston Catalyst. A keeper, all iterations. 5/5.

11th February, 2016

Add your review of Dunhill Edition

Shop for Dunhill Edition products online

Shop for Dunhill Edition at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Dunhill Edition

Member images of Dunhill Edition

There are no member images of Dunhill Edition yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Dunhill Edition