Eau Cendrée (1974)
    by Jacomo

Eau Cendrée Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Eau Cendrée

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Coriander, citrus and traditional lavender make for a nice opening, in a classic way freshened up in the drydown by a well-made petitgrain being added. A more flowery phase, with carnation dominating on my skin, has a green component attached to it. So far this is a delightful composition, but now, moving into to base notes, this scent achieves truly magnificent heights. A superb sandalwood in junction with an extraordinarily characterful patchouli are merging with the rest, resulting in a glowing, rich and intense note of nigh-amber characteristics. Fleeting memories of Balenciaga pH and, mostly, of Cigalia, come to mind. This is top class, smooth, perfectly blended with very good silage and projection. Longevity is superb with nearly eleven hours. My favourite Jacomo, great in autumn.

26 January, 2014

Zut's avatar
    Zut

I started to wear Eau cendrée when I could not find Monsieur Rochas anymore. Both fragrances had the same type of warm spiciness but Eau cendrée was a little less sweet than Monsieur Rochas and somewhat woodier. I miss both fragrances. If I live to be a hundred years old, I shall never understand why perfume companies stopped producing such great fragrances while they keep flooding the market with unimaginative, nondescript, cheap, vulgar and loud fragrances that end up smelling all the same.

18 January, 2012

fuzzybutt59's avatar
    fuzzybutt59

Such a shame this beautiful fragrance has been discontinued and is now so hard to find,though I have seen a few bottles on Ebay but not in the original cube flacons.I used to work for Parfums Jacomo in Harrods many years ago and Eau Cendree was my personal favourite.The coriander and carnation notes were very distinct,very unusual in it's day.

24 November, 2007

vadim's avatar
    vadim
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

A rich and warm citric/aromatic chypre, unhurried and with an unmistakable vintage feel that's a bit past its prime, along the lines of Lanvin Monsieur. Nice, but lacks the extra twist to raise it above some of its more adventurous contemporaries.

13 March, 2007

denisp's avatar
    denisp

My all-time favourite evening fragrance. My wife's favourite also. Deep and assertive, yet soft and enveloping. Women never, ever, fail to notice. A signature fragrance. Wore it first when I was 18,33 years ago. Had to without for decades, but have managed to score four bottles over the last two years. Capucci : please, please, bring it back.

28 March, 2006