Eau d'Hadrien (1981)

PerfumerFrancis Camail
Parent CompanyStarwood Capital Group > Taittinger > Louvre Groupe
Parent Company at launchAnnick Goutal

About Eau d'Hadrien

Goutal's woody citrus potion delivers a potent burst of citrus flavor cut with a heavy woody base. Long long long lasting scent that has certain elegance to it. [AN]

Reviews of Eau d'Hadrien

Inky and synthetic out of the bottle - sort of smelled like the synth I got from a sampler of Chanel Sport Homme. Did not like this inky scent.
24th May, 2015
ad_scott Show all reviews
Absolutely lush! I always thought Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada was the best lemon scented fragrance available but now I've discovered Eau d'Hadrien...WOW! The lemon in Eau d'Hadrien smells so akin to real lemons - I can detect notes of lemon peel and pure lemon juice overlaying herbal and woody undertones. Bearing in mind this fragrance stays close to the skin, sillage and longevity are not robust or overpowering but decent enough. I think Eau d'Hadrien is worth the cost as it delivers what it was designed to evoke: a beautiful Tuscan landscape with lemon trees.
13th May, 2015
Wow, I really do like Eau d'Hadrien, but with one single major drawback - it faded way too fast. The citrus combination is clean, crisp and smells fresh. I would love to just bathe in this, but I only have a sample. I wish it would've lasted more than 30 minutes, because I was intoxicated for a brief period of time.
16th April, 2015
Something about the aldehydes and the mandarin gave me a BO vibe, thought it started out well.
23rd November, 2014
Genre: Citrus

Eau d’Hadrien opens with a very appealing (if not terribly original) blend of crisp citrus and green notes that’s pure Mediterranean. As others have noted, it’s also more than a little reminiscent of lemon scented furniture polish. To stretch the analogy, the furniture polish is soon applied, as a strong woody base emerges from beneath the citrus as the fragrance ages.

Over the course of the next half hour Eau d’Hadrien reveals a powdery note that rounds out the citrus and somewhat diminishes its resemblance to a household cleaner. Some light floral elements (is that a bit of rose I smell?) join in as well, and lend the fragrance welcome depth and some extra complexity. The citrus fades down pretty quickly, so that by the two hour mark I’m left with some woods and powdery musk, with just a hint of fruit and flowers shifting in and out of focus. All and all it’s pleasant enough, but nothing I’d get too excited about. For woods and citrus I go for the richer and far more complex Iskander from Parfum d’Empire or the more exotic and long-lasting Bahiana by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier.
13th June, 2014
A pleasant, clean, classic citrus cologne with the typical Goutal's touch – kind of a paler and more masculine version of Nuit Etoilée. Nice and lively, but there's plenty of other similar scents which do the same job. Quite light and not much persistent.

16th April, 2014

Add your review of Eau d'Hadrien

Shop for Eau d'Hadrien products online

Shop for Eau d'Hadrien at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eau d'Hadrien

Member images of Eau d'Hadrien

There are no member images of Eau d'Hadrien yet. Why not be the first?