Eau d'Orange Verte (1979)
by Hermès

Eau d'Orange Verte information

Year of Launch1979

HouseHermès

About Eau d'Orange Verte

Eau d'Orange Verte is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 1979

Eau d'Orange Verte fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau d'Orange Verte

This is the scent that carried me through some troubled times. Orange and Patchouli and Oakmoss. Sublime. I had the soaps,lotion and stick too, luxurious Hermes bliss.
It has changed slightly from the cologne of the old days, Oakmoss and such, however remains a treat that soothes.
12th January, 2016
One of the best eau de colognes on the market today. This was originally labelled Eau de Hermes. The Orange Verte name is of course more descriptive.

I get more the sense of lemon verbena than lemon fruit in the opening, accompanying the bright orange. The bright mint note makes it truly refreshing and buoyant.

When the oakmoss and patchouli enter, they provide a dry, warm base for the fading lemon/orange. The elements are blended so perfectly and evenly, there is no heavy-handedness whatsoever.

A Mediterranean orange/lemon tree grove as the sun evaporates the dewy leaves at dawn. Heavenly.
29th December, 2015
Oviatt Show all reviews
A true classic that is sharp, clean freshness in a bottle. Like most classic eaux, the longevity is not good (which is why there is a concentree version) but there is enough subtle oakmoss and patchouli in the base notes to give this citrus delight some heft. Wonderful on warm days or simply when you want to feel fancy, fresh and French. Wonderful bath soap and shower gel.
02nd July, 2015
Salutation.

A Scent that Evokes memories of younger days.I was a Little Surprised to hear that it is a UNISEX i think Eau D'Orange is not Too Feminine,More Appropriate for a Modern Man With Classic Taste. Subtle,Delicate,Clean, Refind,Freshness,Pleasant,Soft,Green and Citrusy.

It is a Naturally classic scent with a Refreshing mix of The Citrusy notes (Definitely Orange) as Opening is So Lovely Without Loud.It reminds me a Gentle Spring Breeze.In Fact an Elevating fragrance that Energizes the body and revives the Spirit.

This is a great fragrance to wear Everyday.Ideal for SPRING and SUMMER seasons Especially on days when the Sun and the Sky blends in absolutely perfect together with weather and a Light Breeze.I Recommend it for a Cheerful Character.

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?I wish it had a better Longevity on my skin.

24th May, 2015
The most realistic-smelling citrus cologne I've tried...

Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte is without a doubt the best smelling (and most realistic) of all the so-called "Eau de Cologne" compositions I've tried. Of course we all know about the famous "4711", and how it smells like... but this one is like a 4711 made for rich people! I get such a realistic impression of an orange tree from this... it (literally) smells like standing under a green orange tree! Yes it's an Eau de Cologne (so don't expect it to have any kind of base), which means you will have to reapply usually once every hour (sometimes twice)... but what a smell! Green, realistic, authentic citrus... in my opinion this is unbeatable! There is a reason why this is often sold at expensive hotels!

Try this on a hot summer day... you'll see how good this really is. In my opinion, this fragrance is for summer only, and one which needs to be applied throughout the day. But... without a doubt, in my opinion this is probably the best in the "Eau de Cologne" category... and such an authentic, realistic type of experience could only come from Hermès.
07th November, 2014
This I think is a very likeable scent. I find it to be musky in a traditional Drakkar Noir kind of way. The citrus is present and strong, but it is not a sweet citrus. More of a tart and not yet ripe citrus. It does however not last very long. Sprayed on in the morning it will be barely noticeable on my skin in the late afternoon. I find this scent to be not very complex. I do not find that it evolves into a different scent throughout the day, in fact it seemed almost the same from spray to dissipation.
The Good: Lovely musky smell, an interesting take on green orange.
The Bad: Gone in a few hours, not many different elements to the scent.
Overall: Smells good, but lacks some qualities that I value in a fragrance.
10th April, 2014

Add your review of Eau d'Orange Verte

Shop for Eau d'Orange Verte products online

Shop for Eau d'Orange Verte at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eau d'Orange Verte

Member images of Eau d'Orange Verte

There are no member images of Eau d'Orange Verte yet. Why not be the first?