Eau d'Orange Verte (1979)
by Hermès

Eau d'Orange Verte information

Year of Launch1979

About Eau d'Orange Verte

Eau d'Orange Verte is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 1979

Eau d'Orange Verte fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau d'Orange Verte

The original Eau de Cologne formulation was:

a good dry orange and verbena cologne with a hint of brown leather.

Long lasting and quality materials but a trifle old fashioned.

10th August, 2016
A Very natural orange scent to begin with.. Almost like slicing up a fresh orange out the fridge and then after 20 mins a bit of mango and floral.. Doesn't last long but it is a cologne of the true sense so what do we expect... Best to take some with you in a tester vial on a hot summer night and reapply a couple of times. I own a mountain of citrus colognes and this is of the better interpretations because it smells so natural. Almost identical to Molton browns orange and bergamot.
08th June, 2016
this is a nice take on a classic citrus cologne motif...initial blast of citrus is fierce and juicy...smells mostly orangey to me...the refreshing feel and overall scent vibe I get reminds me of being a kid and sneaking my dads 4711 and splashing myself with a good handfull...alas , like a lot of fragrances of this type it has a very short life...when I wear this I reapply frequently to get that initial rush...dries down to a soft cozy mossy/earthy skin scent...great smell, but neutral on it due to weak projection and longevity...
Refreshing Citrus
22nd May, 2016
I've always liked cologne, but have just started to really learn about it, which is to say that this is strictly an amateur review, no descriptions of the particular smell yet--maybe as I continue to learn. I picked up a sample of this because I enjoy the smell of citrus and this seemed a likely candidate. And I do enjoy the scent. However, it just does not last more than an hour so I cant see buying a full bottle.
19th May, 2016
Lovely cologne this one. If you like Hugo Boss's orange, you'll like this one better - or at least you ought to.
The initial orange is a superb recreation, far different than the citrus top notes of many other perfumes. Strange that the notes list lemon and mandarin, but no actual orange. It took me several wearings before I could make out the mango, but like one of those magic eye 3D images, once you've got it, it reveals itself to you effortlessly. Soft and peachy.
It's woody and earthy too when it develops. Luckily the middle and top notes never really disappear, they politely make way for the oakmoss and patchouli, but you keep bumping into them.

All this winds down into a lovely, soft, powdery finale. Chic and refined.
17th March, 2016
This is the scent that carried me through some troubled times. Orange and Patchouli and Oakmoss. Sublime. I had the soaps,lotion and stick too, luxurious Hermes bliss.
It has changed slightly from the cologne of the old days, Oakmoss and such, however remains a treat that soothes.
12th January, 2016

Add your review of Eau d'Orange Verte

Shop for Eau d'Orange Verte products online

Shop for Eau d'Orange Verte at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eau d'Orange Verte

Member images of Eau d'Orange Verte

There are no member images of Eau d'Orange Verte yet. Why not be the first?