Eau d'Orange Verte (1979)
by Hermès

Eau d'Orange Verte information

Year of Launch1979

HouseHermès

About Eau d'Orange Verte

Eau d'Orange Verte is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 1979

Eau d'Orange Verte fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau d'Orange Verte

The most realistic-smelling citrus cologne I've tried...

Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte is without a doubt the best smelling (and most realistic) of all the so-called "Eau de Cologne" compositions I've tried. Of course we all know about the famous "4711", and how it smells like... but this one is like a 4711 made for rich people! I get such a realistic impression of an orange tree from this... it (literally) smells like standing under a green orange tree! Yes it's an Eau de Cologne (so don't expect it to have any kind of base), which means you will have to reapply usually once every hour (sometimes twice)... but what a smell! Green, realistic, authentic citrus... in my opinion this is unbeatable! There is a reason why this is often sold at expensive hotels!

Try this on a hot summer day... you'll see how good this really is. In my opinion, this fragrance is for summer only, and one which needs to be applied throughout the day. But... without a doubt, in my opinion this is probably the best in the "Eau de Cologne" category... and such an authentic, realistic type of experience could only come from Hermès.
07th November, 2014
This I think is a very likeable scent. I find it to be musky in a traditional Drakkar Noir kind of way. The citrus is present and strong, but it is not a sweet citrus. More of a tart and not yet ripe citrus. It does however not last very long. Sprayed on in the morning it will be barely noticeable on my skin in the late afternoon. I find this scent to be not very complex. I do not find that it evolves into a different scent throughout the day, in fact it seemed almost the same from spray to dissipation.
The Good: Lovely musky smell, an interesting take on green orange.
The Bad: Gone in a few hours, not many different elements to the scent.
Overall: Smells good, but lacks some qualities that I value in a fragrance.
10th April, 2014
Great orange scent that smells wonderful, but is gone in minutes.
If it lasted more it would be a compelling thumbs up, but its longevity ruins what could have been one of the great scents in the market.
18th January, 2014
great green and citus, poor longevity

The more I wear this, the more I appreciate it's strong emphasis on mossy earthiness. The initial orange peel blast slowly fades into a more complex interplay; almost like an orange in a garden that has just fallen. It is a lovely, natural fragrance that is a joy to wear. As many others have noted, the main issue is the longevity, which is poor. Given its deep green quality and mossy notes; this actually works on cloudy, cool days very well. Of course, perfect for the heat as well.

19th July, 2013
I like it. I didn't at first, in fact I was dismayed by how green it is this being a blind purchase for me. However, I initially only gave it a few cautious spritzes. It sat on a shelf for a while until I decided to give it another go with big blasts and spreading it in key areas. The result was a completely different experience, the citrus shone through and complimented the green. I strongly suspect that this is the reason they developed the Concentre D'orange Vert. I recommend that you consider both options in choosing your preference.
03rd May, 2013
Here's my issues: It's orange, and that's it. It's too orange, almost like orange cleaner. Moreover, the smell does not last on my skin more than 20 minutes.
19th April, 2013

Add your review of Eau d'Orange Verte

Shop for Eau d'Orange Verte products online

Search Amazon for Eau d'Orange Verte

Member images of Eau d'Orange Verte

There are no member images of Eau d'Orange Verte yet. Why not be the first?