Eau de Caron Forte (1999)
by Caron

Eau de Caron Forte information

Year of Launch1999

HouseCaron
Parent CompanyAles Group

About Eau de Caron Forte

Eau de Caron Forte is a masculine fragrance by Caron. The scent was launched in 1999

Eau de Caron Forte fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Caron Forte

“Forte” means “strong” in Italian, and boy, this is strong. I am not sure if my bottle is corrupted, but Eaux de Caron Forte is the closest thing I’ve ever smelled to the stale, moldy smell of barnyard after the rain. It’s all here: mossy, green, more pungent and “acrid” than simply citric, with nuances of wet hay, musk, even a grassy smell of wheat. And something plain “fecal”, I guess due to musk. The “fruitiness”, yes, there’s some, but it’s a sort of earthy and rotting type of fruitiness, like in Thierry Wasser’s obscure masterpiece Dalì pour Homme. The only hint of something aromatic and more graceful is bergamot, but it gets completely lost in that stinky concoction. A woody-mossy-musky-citrus scent with a ton of muscles, closer to several masculine dark fougères than to fresh-fruity stuff as one may assume by the composition. Usually this would be a “pro” for me, but here it isn’t really, mostly because it is all really too messy and screechy here. I like dark mossy scents, but this seems completely lacking in consistency and quality: it’s a really sharp and loud blend with something just almost sickening inside it, probably caused by a general cheap quality and by the clash of several heavy, and heavily contrasting notes – the mossy-stale notes, the pungent citric head notes, the musk... a bit like a poor-quality hybrid mixing vintage Eau Sauvage with a dark moldy beast like Dalì pour Homme. Kind of cheap, and incredibly persistent.

13th June, 2015
These notes don't lie, however they also don't like me and I don't like them. The top note of apple makes this smell like watered down apple juice. No sweetness. A middle of spices and a funky weird powdery floral (assuming it's the musk and lilac combination) near the end before it poofs out of existence in 2 hours.
12th November, 2008
Something odd has happened to Forte. I bought some in Paris a couple of years ago having first bought it in NY. Forte is now being sold in London again so I bought some a month ago, it just is not the same product. The initial top notes are the same but what is left following the dry down seems to be an altogether different product and it appears to have half the longevity of the original, it is a great shame that this should have been allowed to happen. How I regret not having really stocked up in Paris.
23rd October, 2008
I detect the same essence in Eau de Caron Forte that I find offensive in Body Kouros. It's not as strong but it's unmistakable. Some people adore that Kouros accord and an equal number detest it. Count me in the latter. I blindly purchased a 3.4 oz bottle of Eau de Caron Forte on Ebay that will now go unused. For me, there isn't anything in this that I find appealing.
01st July, 2008
This is spectacular out of the bottle.
The longevity seems to be decent. On my skin it wears very similar to Green Irish Tweed, It's not that it smells exactly like it, but it has a similar kind of vibrancy. I'd pair this with a navy blue or linen jacket,and a colored shirt. This is a fragrance that is confident, but still mellow. I agree with the above review -seems better suited for the warmer sunny days.
15th October, 2006
zztopp Show all reviews

Very appropriate for spring/summer weathers, Eau Forte is a great fruity fresh offering from Caron. It has top notes of apple, orange and black currant which are kept from being overly sweet by coriander and bergamot notes. It all comes together extremely well to create a unique well blended fragrance. Underrated, and deserves more attention.
18th August, 2006

Add your review of Eau de Caron Forte

Shop for Eau de Caron Forte products online

Search Amazon for Eau de Caron Forte

Member images of Eau de Caron Forte

There are no member images of Eau de Caron Forte yet. Why not be the first?