Eau de Cartier (2001)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 239 ratings

Eau de Cartier Fragrance Notes

Eau de Cartier information

A unisex fragrance from the Cartier house.

Shop for Eau de Cartier products online

$68.02*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 40.66)
    $56.41*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 33.72)

Reviews of Eau de Cartier

Showing 1 to 6 of 54 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

Eau de Cartier opens with a pleasant, fresh citrus-bergamot accord, slightly aquatic too, with a soft base of vanilla, sweet aromatic woods (cedar), perhaps amber, and a lively, bright and delicate floral-spicy breeze all over, with also a green accord giving tartness and crunchiness. Aldehydes fill the space without being too prominent. As minutes pass the flowers, notably violet, become more bold and prominent, focusing on a vibrant, fresh violet note which beautifully and gently blends with the rest. So basically a nice, honest fresh, spicy floral-woody scent. It somehow reminded me of Déclaration, as other reviewers already notes, with a more transparent and "contemporary" look, less complex and less rich, perhaps less interesting too, nothing "stunning" but still nice. Being an "eau", it predictably lasts quite short.

6,5-7/10

04 July, 2014

Tmoran's avatar

I really really try not to do thumbs down reviews. I try to see the least bit of good in everything. This however is just an insulting scent. It is so bland, generic and poor performing it seriously deserves no higher remarks. Even at its bargain store price of $30 its a waste of time and money. It was slightly surprising to find a spicy undertone after the oh so forgettable citrus opening that has been done so many times its almost makes a completely inoffensive smell actually offensive with its audacity to shove the same old same old under your nose and ask for money to do so. Cartier has never been much of a memorable house. But this is weak even by their standards. Dont get me wrong. It doesnt smell bad. But neither does nautica blue. But that doesnt mean its anything special either.

27 June, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Citrus

I expected some variant on the traditional eau de Cologne formula from Eau de Cartier, but was pleasantly surprised to find that the citrus and violet leaf top notes are supported by a warm, dry spice and cedar accord that could easily be Déclaration’s little brother. While I understand Eau de Cartier was composed by Christine Nagel, rather than Jean-Claude Elléna, I wonder if Cartier’s art directors asked her to align it with the house’s most successful masculine fragrance.

There’s not much development once the wood and spices take their places, but this does not pretend to be more than a refreshing eau, and its quality and chaacter leave me with no complaints. In fact, I especially appreciate that the cedar note, last of all to fade, does not smell harsh, bare, or chemical, as it does in so many recent masculine drydowns. Nice work all around.

13 June, 2014

The_Cologneist's avatar

Eau de Cartier is a nice simple blend of basically violet and yuzu, with a lovely woodsy/musky base. Most Cartier fragrances I have tried have had beautiful dry downs, and this one is no exception. While the opening is nice, but can be a bit harsh for some, its dry down surely redeems itself of any faults it may have started off with.

The top... can we say yuzu? Lots and lots of yuzu, accompanied with a creamy violet note. Yuzu tends to be a sharp note, so for some, and a few that I was sampling this around, they were not fond of the opening sharp yuzu note. The violets quickly come and balance it out though. It stays pretty linear for a good hour or so before the musky/cedar base kicks in. It even reminds me of Declaration's base to an extent. I also get some of the yuzu and violet from the top.. maybe a little patchouli in the dry down too, and hint of sweetness from the amber.

This is a pretty good one, I have to give it the seal of approval. It is very simple too, very safe. Also gets some compliments, at least in my world. It will go to my wish list, as I see a smaller sized bottle of this to be a good investment for my fragrance arsenal.

Also, on the upside of things. I find yuzu notes in designer fragrances to be not so good quite often. I think the yuzu here is done exceptionally well. Sharp, citric, and slightly floral, as yuzu should very well be. Well done.

One other thing to add. I was trying to figure where I had smelled this before. As it dries down, it reminds me of a fragrance that smells like it just came out of the water, but isn't aquatic at all. That specific fragrance is Paprika Brasil. Although they are very different, they share this common smell of chlorinated water somewhere in them. I find this accord very pleasing to the nose in both of them, not at all off putting.

08 June, 2014

reinhard5490's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

an simple scent

The old men who sell this stuff ask me what did I want? "something for daily routine. not offensive and would be able to perform anyday of the week, any season". he smiled and pull a big 200ml bottle of his Eau de Cartier. the solid looking bottle amazes me on the quality of how Cartier treat their bottles. - but the name 'Eau' turn me off. I imagine an ultralight fragrance that would banished entirely from my skin within 30 minutes.

one spray to the hand. open with spiced-citrus. nothing too special. skip. I try many other fragrance, get myself Declaration and Laliques, upon the time to pay, I notice something floral soapy... it comes from my hand that was sprayed by Eau de Cartier. to my amazement, I sniffed upon it once again, it so simple but beauty. not offensive in anyway, comforting and very versatile. I get that 200ml bottle

now this fragrance became my office scent, probably going to replace Versace Pour Homme place for the rest of my life. simple, unoffensive, office-appropriate, last a (really) long time with close to the skin sillage. but hey, do I need to use monstrous beast everyday? no! sometimes I want it comforting me, and Eau de Cartier did just that. perfect office fragrance

Eau de Cartier, simple name. simple scent. perfectly done

Pros: Perfect for Office
    Cons: Lack of Depth, Lack of Projection, Boring"

20th October, 2013

SirRaymond's avatar

Subtle Beauty

Elegant, subtle, and refined,

For an introspective frame of mind.

Close to the skin, it lingers on,

I'll re-apply before it's gone.

I wish that it would longer stay,

But "Less is More," the pundits say.

(And thus it is, this Cartier).

19 June, 2013

• 13 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    LE BAISER DU DRAGON BY CARTIER 1.6 OZ.EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY SEALED (sku:1795)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    • Time Left: 28 days
    SO PRETTY DE CARTIER 1.6 OZ EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY NEW IN SEALED BOX
    • Time Left: 5 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CARTIER~EAU DE CARTIER ZESTE DE SOLEIL~1PC SAMPLE SPRAY-UNISEX SCENT-NEW ON CARD
    • Time Left: 5 days