Eau de Grey Flannel (1996)
by Geoffrey Beene

Eau de Grey Flannel information

Year of Launch1996

HouseGeoffrey Beene
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchFrench Fragrances Inc

About Eau de Grey Flannel

Eau de Grey Flannel is a masculine fragrance by Geoffrey Beene. The scent was launched in 1996

Eau de Grey Flannel fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Grey Flannel

Excellent cologne at a good price. Has a good fragrance throw.
27th August, 2016
Eau de Grey Flannel, oh how I wanted this to be a great fragrance like its older brother Grey Flannel. However, I did expect it to be completely different, a metallic, aquatic ocean themed cologne perfect for summer, and as long lasting and vibrant as Grey Flannel is for the winter. However, this is just a complete disappointment unfortunately.

The top notes are refreshingly aquatic, like a good mens body wash called 'Ocean Breeze' or something of that nature. You've smelled this dozens of times before, as there are countless colognes these days that seem to smell exactly like this for twice or three times the price you will pay for Eau de Grey. It's a masculine, seashore smell layered in vetiver and a touch of woods, very refreshing and pleasing for the first hour.

The middle notes settle in and a saltwater note comes out, vetiver and soap notes still lingering, and it begins to stay close to the skin for the second hour. This is where the party sadly starts to die down drastically and fade away too quickly. The perfomance of this is simple lackluster when compared to the original Grey Flannel. It smells very complex and is a great spring and summer fragrance, but three hours in its stays very close to the skin and projects quite poorly. Way too subtle for my tastes.

The drydown and base is barely recognizable after three or four hours, so I won't waste time discussing any of it. Projection on this is less than average, sillage is mediocre and longevity, even with a heavy application tops out at four hours. I don't want something I need to carry a bottle around reapplying every few hours, so this unfortunately will keep space on the shelf in its little grey flannel cloth bag and be displayed for novelty only.

There are dozens of better performing spring and summer scents out there that smell exactly the same as this, so unless you're an avid collector, don't waste your money on this.
19th April, 2016 (last edited: 18th April, 2016)

I don't know if this helps any but the color of the liquid in the bottle is sorta like what the cologne smell like. It is not cheap smelling, I don't think it smells like detergent.

Beautiful and it smells way above its price range. It smells like a very concentrated floral bouquet but in a non-feminine variant. You will stand apart from others at the party, and depending on the party guest list you might stand above the other colognes!
23rd March, 2015
Metal, salt, vetiver, touch of almond, EUCALYPTUS. There is something about eucalyptus and that wateriness that just MAKES an '80s warm weather fragrance for me. I see Duran Duran when I wear this stuff. Love it.
01st August, 2014
A blind buy and mistake thinking that I was purchasing Grey Flannel of the 70's/80's. The bottle was completely cloacked in a grey flannel fabric pouch and was surprised upon pulling out the bottle. At first sample, I thought what a horrible purchase and wondering if Ross would take it back.

Sampling a second time on a whim for a frag of the day, I am positively overwhelmed with the experience of the vetiver note announced. I am left with such a geat wonderful surprise, I have decided to keep this purchase. I have always enjoyed wearing Guerlain's Vetiver and Dior's Eau Savage. And one difference I detect is a saltiness to the vetiver.

Clean and crisp notes after having worn for well over 5 hours. Initially upon first spritz, I was once again thinking that it was a bad purchase as I don't care for aquatics in general, and I detected the salty notes upon this wearing versus my first sampling a week ago.

Thank goodness it does not resemble the current reformulated parent Grey Flannel which I have reviewed as a just a sad experience. Grey Flannel before the butchering, was a unique fragrance to experience. This Eau de Cologne is a bright crisp scent which I will enjoy wearing as I want to enjoy the scent and wear it for my benefit first, and then if someone else enjoys my choice, fine and dandy.
19th January, 2013
Booooring aquatic - reminds me of Cartier Roadster or something like that as there is a certain similar citrus and metallic note to it. Not unpleasant but so non-descript and dull, dull, dull.
17th January, 2013

Add your review of Eau de Grey Flannel

Shop for Eau de Grey Flannel products online

Shop for Eau de Grey Flannel at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eau de Grey Flannel

Member images of Eau de Grey Flannel

There are no member images of Eau de Grey Flannel yet. Why not be the first?