Eau de Hongrie (1979)

Eau de Hongrie information

Year of Launch1979

HouseFragonard

About Eau de Hongrie

Eau de Hongrie is a masculine fragrance by Fragonard. The scent was launched in 1979

Eau de Hongrie fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Hongrie

Let's begin with a few givens. We all have different sniffers and what might I like like you might not enjoy and vice versa. I think our respective ages might have something to do with this also. I am probably older that you, so what I prefer has changed remarkably over time.

I don't know beans about notes, accords or sillage but I tell you this: I LOVE Fragonard's Eau de Hongrie.

It's a real true Fragonard which whispers antiquity, and I have no problem detecting the Incense note, which is really appealing to me. It has become my favorite scene lately.

The test of any fragrance is that it keep drawing you back again for another whiff. With Eau de Hongrie I am lured back again and again, which I rarely say about other fragrances. It's a dry, almost austere, scent and that's why I love it. It doesn't shout; it whispers, "Come back..."

To think I ever like Aqua de Gio, an immature scent if ever there was one. It's fine for the teens and college boys. When they grow up and become more sensitive to depth and a spiritual intoxicant they may chance upon a de Fragonard masterpiece.
24th November, 2017
Green jasmine opening with a big dose of lime. The rest is a twangy synthetic citrus-herbal chord, unrelenting in its awfulness, that judders through ‘men’s’ perfumes all the way from Cool Water to Live Jazz. I wouldn’t even use it to clean my toilet.
13th July, 2012

Love the opening… a soft warm, dominantly jasmine with a bergamot backup. As obviously floral as the opening is, it isn’t flowery: It’s more warm and comforting… and acceptably masculine or unisex. But then I get a short-lived green note –the cistus – and it doesn’t sit right with me, because it’s a bit screechy and it interferes with the harmony of the florals and the growing amber note. After a half hour the cistus subsides and the jasmine / amber accord continues softly. Eventually Eau de Hongrie turns into an pleasant amber skin scent. I don’t get the incense that is listed in the pyramid and I don’t miss it. Sillage is not strong even before the skin scent phase, and longevity of the fragrance is average. I don’t know if this was meant to be a traditional eau de cologne but I really don’t see it as such...

I find it a very enjoyable fragrance.

29th January, 2011
One of my top 10. This comes across fresh and soft, yet masculine. Lasts all day.
03rd October, 2010
bokaba Show all reviews
I was disappointed largely with Eau de Hongrie. Upon first application, it smelled strongly of a 1980s designer with Cool Water and Green Irish Tweed type notes. The floral heart and musky base was at least decent. I expected a light rosemary and citrus accord reminiscent of a classical eaux.
25th January, 2010
Green herbal florals... but smells like a leather chypre. Odd little number that's fresh yet dark. It's a lot like Gramercy Park but less green. Good stuff.
24th September, 2008

Add your review of Eau de Hongrie

Shop for Eau de Hongrie products online

Search Amazon for Eau de Hongrie

Member images of Eau de Hongrie

There are no member images of Eau de Hongrie yet. Why not be the first?