Eau de Rochas Homme (1993)
by Rochas

PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchWella

About Eau de Rochas Homme

Eau de Rochas Homme is a masculine fragrance by Rochas. The scent was launched in 1993 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Gilles Romey. The bottle was designed by Serge Mansau

Reviews of Eau de Rochas Homme

Not too bad. Appreciate the juniper note that is dominant in this scent, along with fresh green, herbal quality (esp. the crisp verbena) that is great for warmer weather.
25th December, 2016
As with its predecessor, Eau de Rochas (for women) 23 years previously, this is an excellent eau de cologne.

Here the verbena is strong and long lasting, mixing with a pine resin note, which becomes more pronounced with the dry down, a gentle wood vetiver essence, which supports and enhances the citrus accord.

Turin gives it four stars, dubs it a "woody citrus," and mentions myrrh in the dry down, which explains the "lemony-resinous" aspect.

What I find odd and interesting is that Rochas dusted off its "sour lemon" masterwork from 1949, Moustache, to create its 1970 Eau de Rochas (femme), yet in 1993 chose a fresh lemon-wood combo for its Eau de Rochas Homme. One would have thought that the company noses would have chosen the fresh lemon take for the ladies and the recomposed sour lemon take for the men, rather than reversing the choices.

Still, one cannot quibble with any of these three citruses - they are all well balanced and excellent.
21st October, 2015
Initially, all I got was a "Lemon Pledge" opening and a decent, citrus dry down. I chalked it up as a "Meh" blind buy and banished it to the bottom shelf of my frag case. Big mistake. Gave it another go a few weeks later and couldn't believe it was the same cologne I'd scoffed at earlier.

Now I don't get the Pledge vibe as I did before; it smells like a lemon/lime blast of cool, fresh air. I get about four hours of moderate projection and then it turns into a lemon/cedar skin scent. I don't get why anyone would consider Eau de Rochas Homme generic or boring, unless they made the same mistake as I did and did not spend enough time with it.

I give Eau de Rochas five out of five stars. Highly recommended, especially if you pay under 35 bucks for the 100 ml bottle.
01st October, 2014
Bought the reformulation or just the one with the new non-transparent cap and what can I say? I'm disappointed!
It's from 93, so It's pre-ck one and It seems Ck's blockbuster surfed the same wave Eau de Rochas did, when It comes to the lightness of the fragrance. I notice the same "I intend to be clean smelling" vibe.
Initially, It's pretty citrusy, limey-lemony, a bit sharp, then turns (in 2-3 minutes) to a linear soft floral accord whose plain notes I can't distinguish separately. And that's it. Does it stink? No. It won't offend anyone. Is it recognizable? I'm affraid It's not: too generic (especially after ck one and its 1000 clones). Is it distinctive? Definitely not. Anyone wearing a drugstore cologne or axe deodorant will easily overpower Rochas. Sillage is practically none and longevity is weak. It's almost a miracle this one hasn't been discontinued yet.
It'll be the fragrance to be worn when I'm not in the mood for real fragrances.
-- Update 05/11/2014:
I was too cruel with Rochas! It has grown on my skin since my last post. It's getting hotter around here and the limey-limony-soft floral accord is more perceptible to my nose. It's now my casual wearing fragrance, although I still think It's too light.
03rd September, 2014 (last edited: 05th November, 2014)
a generic synthetic lemon, at least in its last discount formulation, boribng and with no sillage and duration.. 40 euros wasted.. won't be fooled again!
19th June, 2014
Genre: Citrus

This is a very brisk, very tart lemony eau de Cologne formula with an admixture of basil or tarragon, and a nice dry woody foundation. It is pleasant, but short lived. Simple and very well done.
13th June, 2014