Thé Vert (2000)

PerfumerPhillippe Romano
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About Thé Vert

Thé Vert is a masculine fragrance by Roger & Gallet. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Phillippe Romano

Thé Vert fragrance notes

Reviews of Thé Vert

Typical green-tea fragrance with an unmistakable tea founded soul which follows after a sour/herbal classic introduction and projects in the air a floral/aqueous atmosphere with a cedary dry down (perfect complement for a traditional citrusy-tea/floral chord). It seems i detect in particular mandarine, yuzu and white flowers in the trail. The herbal (slightly aromatic) presence is plain by soon and its effect is provided not only by the gree tea i suppose (basil?). The cedary dry down elicits a typical "ascetic and meditative" oriental (i mean typically japanese) vibe which is extremely sharp and silent even if not excessively castigatory (since the blend of grapefruit, citrus and intense flowers- in particular lily and cyclamen- provides a lively and optimistic trait). The cedary and tea based (slightly dusty) dry down seems finally to be less angular/aqueous and barely more properly woody and dry. Well made and surprising in longevity on my skin. I still prefer Bulgari Eau Parfumee Au The' Vert and even more the classic Bulgari Pour Homme as tea based juices but if you are on a budget and look for a green-tea floral aroma, well Roger&Gallet The' Vert is your choice.
19th January, 2014
As of today I own a little bottle of Eau de Thé Vert. I didn't realize I was buying a "masculine" scent (brand new at the yard sale) but now I know that at least it's for "men & women".

Ingredients are described as including grapefruit & yuzu (lemon & mandarin orange) but it hits me ait like a good lime cologne for men tempered with herbs, cedar & Martian orange. Real green tea is a much more subtle & unique scent, astringent but almost floral.

What this adventure did for me was to make me REALLY APPRECIATE ROCHAS FLEUR D'EAU! Fleur d'Eau uses some of the same tones in a much more subtle way. Its gentle dry down complements the scent of (my) flesh, but.....sad to say....Eau de Thé Vert is lingering in a sort of stronger, "artificial lime syrup" way that clashes with my own smell.
07th July, 2012

Another green tea scent - Roger & Gallet’s Eau de The Vert presents an excellent clean, bright version – about as pristine as a green tea scent as I’ve found in the classic version of it. It opens with that bright but sour citrus note that I always appreciate: The middle adds some green notes to the green tea note and this provides a good longevity considering the type of scent it is. Then there is a warm cedar and guaic wood drydown – a little reticent in projection but boasting acceptable lasting power for an eau. Eau de The Vert is as natural and clean as the other Roger & Gallet colognes, and is a good choice for a green tea fragrance. Personally I prefer Bulgari’s Cologne Au Thé Vert, but I enjoy this one very much.

18th April, 2009
EdTV is another fragant water (eau parfumante) by R&G.
It has less longevity that say, Eau de Lotus Bleu but much more than Extra Vieille.
It has tangerine, yuzu, grapefruit, green tea, cedar and guaic woods among other notes.
Very fresh at the top, it’s more unisex than Arden’s Green Tea but I prefer this one because I don’t have to spray every 5 minutes or so, and the sillage is rather good and very green and spring-like.
It seems like a better rendition of the yerbamate leaf instead of a “real” green tea wich, if you have ever smelled the real thing, you’ll know what I’m talking about, as there is nothing truly close to it, and it’s difficult to describe.
This Green Tea is a another great adition to my R&G fragrance collection.
10th February, 2007
I really like the green tea but the citrus notes, faint as they are, just ruin it for me. I find thay don't quite blend with the tea and have a light but sour edge which I don't like and seem slightly feminine to me.
26th August, 2006
Finally, a superb green tea fragrance for men. The green tea is very pure and natural in this one, it simply dominates, and with the added woods it gives a mascluine character. It's really soothing and uplifting, and it could be worn any season, anytime and any occasion. The longevity is also quite surprising. This one is definitely on par with my beloved Yang, and as far as tea scents go, this is definitely right up there in the top 3 if not the best.
27th April, 2006

Add your review of Thé Vert

Shop for Thé Vert products online

Shop for Thé Vert at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Thé Vert

Member images of Thé Vert

There are no member images of Thé Vert yet. Why not be the first?