Eau des 4 Voleurs (1991)

Eau des 4 Voleurs information

Year of Launch1991

HouseL'Occitane

About Eau des 4 Voleurs

Eau des 4 Voleurs is a masculine fragrance by L'Occitane. The scent was launched in 1991

Eau des 4 Voleurs fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau des 4 Voleurs

Another reminder that I got into this hobby about 20 years too late. The word from reviews here and elsewhere is that the character of ED4V is the same as the original issue, but that the performance is down. In this I am reminded of several other scents of which the same is said; for instance, let's say, Esencia by Loewe. I very much like the direction, but am left wanting more.

This is a green scent. If it was a paint, it would claim "hints of chypre". The success inheres in the many woody notes being bolstered, throughout its duration, by mild spices and citrus. It doesn't make for a complex journey, but does make you wonder how all the notes last all that time. There was a point in my early wearings where I had an almost unpleasant experience of pine resin and oak furniture, but I put this down to overspraying and constant close-up sniffing. Worn with smart casual to work, with many other things to take my attention, and it's an excellent companion.

I bought a bottle during one of the almost unceasing L'Occitane sale periods, with the thought in mind that, a la Yohji Homme, this may well experience a second and terminal demise at some point. Would I buy again? Maybe: but more likely at that stage I would purchase Floris's Elite, which is similar to this but excels in performance in a way that I have found Floris scents tend to do across the board.
27th June, 2019
I received my bottle of the Eau Des 4 Voleurs re-issue by L'Occitane. I was very pleased with the fresh opening...a definite citrus blast with lemon and bergamot. This quickly fades and is replaced by an herbal accord that flirts with a pine aspect, but is definitely rooted in basil. This aspect reminds me of Pino Silvestre, but It seems smoother and better blended. I picked up a very slight sweet note, but my nose is far too untrained to be able to say what it is. This fragrance also has a musty aspect, but it's not an unpleasant one. The longevity was about 5 hours on me, but the sillage seemed to be of shorter duration. My son absolutely hated the smell of this fragrance, but I disagree with his assessment. I was hoping for more juniper, but I still enjoyed it and will continue to do so in the upcoming months and years. Thanks for re-issuing this fragrance L'Occitane!
06th September, 2016
My first review, I'll try to keep it simple.

After hearing some glowing reviews, I got my hands on a decant of this, and I have to say, I understand the appreciation. I catch the notes other reviewers have mentioned, bergamot transitioning to a piney basil, ultimately settling into a nice healthy green scent, distinguished from any other similar scents by the edge afforded to it by the herbs.

Ultimately, though it doesn't appeal to my personal tastes enough to make this a must-have, it's very well crafted, and I can see a place for it in my wardrobe.
16th October, 2012
Elzéard Show all reviews
I was privileged enough to have been able to try this on several occasions, but twice as foolish for not buying a bottle when given the opportunity. I remember saying to myself, "It's ok, I'll just buy it next time, because something this good will always be around..."

Upon each wearing I was treated to the most pleasurable aura of peppered and honeyed woods and bitter orange, a combination that was balanced to near perfection.
30th March, 2012
A powerful bergamot opening accompanied by a little juniper and lemon. This morphs into a juniper and sage scent with a little basil. Very green and herbal with the juniper stealing the show. The bergamot is present for awhile in the background, but is the first thing that departs (with the lemon). Some wood notes emerge on drydown. This is overall a wonderful fragrance and a shame that it has been discontinued.
01st December, 2011
Why, oh why did L'Occitane discontinue this? This was the best of the lot, a citrus-to-pine that never got annoying or overpowering.

I've been checking in L'Occitane stores in Europe and Asia the last few months, and sadly, it's gone, replaced by the bland-yet-more-expensive "Verdon".

If you come across one, buy it.
29th January, 2011

Add your review of Eau des 4 Voleurs

Shop for Eau des 4 Voleurs products online

L'Occitane En Provence 4 Eau Des Voleurs Eau de Toilette Spray 2.5 oz. SEALED

End Date: Saturday Mar-21-2020 14:08:09 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $92.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Eau des 4 Voleurs

There are no member images of Eau des 4 Voleurs yet. Why not be the first?