Eau des Îles (1988)

Year of Launch1988

HouseMaître Parfumeur et Gantier
PerfumerJean Laporte

About Eau des Îles

Eau des Îles is a masculine fragrance by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier. The scent was launched in 1988 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean Laporte

Eau des Îles fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau des Îles

Landscape with a Lake by Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot
21st November, 2017
This smells nice, though uninspiring. I get no coffee, just Greenery like oakmoss and vetiver, and a spice to tone the green down. Nothing to see here...
17th July, 2017
Raw, rough, bitter, non-gourmand, roasted coffee, vetiver. Enjoyable enough on the whole but for quite some time into its heart there's an annoying burnt sugar/caramel over-roasted coffee waft from time to time... and only real noticeable when I sniff too close. Applying away from the nose solves that.

Exotic and masculine.
13th June, 2016
I bought this blind buy and tried to like it but my nose hated it. It reminds me when I'm growing up of a sticky and outdated men's hair pomade that we used to sell in our pharmacy. It's definitely a scrubber for me.
01st September, 2014
I should have taken Way Off Scenter's review more literally and with more weight.
His review was the first negative, mine is the 2nd.

I am on the warpath to find a coffee centered fragrance, and let me say, this aint it!
I dont get much coffee in this at all really, which is a huge disappointment considering how many times I've seen this one recommended for coffee enthusiasts.

Its a sweet patchouli and myrrh with incense in the background.
I do get a fleeting "cigarette ash", but its not prominent.
There is a floral in here that I cant put my finger on that adds to the sweetness.

To me, this resembles Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense the most.
The Myrrh/Patchouli combo is prominent in both compositions.
The Prada is much more wearable with its rounded, soapy nature.
I'd even go as far as to say the Prada is richer, more focused.

The scent may be a masterpiece in the eyes of a few, but I would think the large majority of people would not find this fragrance worth more than a sample.

Sample this thing first, dont be a fool like me an blind buy it.
Even at the very reasonable price I bought it for, personally, I dont think its worth it.
If you must own a coffee centered fragrance by this house, go for Santal Noble.
15th August, 2014
Genre: Leather

Shockingly bitter and smoky when it first goes on, just like a strong, bad cigarette. After a few minutes I can tell there's some very dry leather under there, and just a hint of really burnt coffee.

These elements never fully integrate on my skin, and I'm left with something reminiscent of a filthy ashtray full of coffee grounds which, having been soaked in lighter fluid, burn to leave a twisting column of acrid black smoke. You've got to hand it to this perfume house: whatever they do, they do it big!

Gross.