Eau Sauvage (1966)

PerfumerEdmond Roudnitska
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Eau Sauvage

This classic citrus fragrance by Dior is a favourite of many. Packaged in a very classy bottle and a classy box to match. A more "Extreme" version is available (in black packaging) called 'Eau Sauvage Extreme'. Other Dior fragrances for men include Fahrenheit and most recently, Dune for Men.

Eau Sauvage fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau Sauvage

Salutation.

This scent is a Necessity in the Collection of the GENTLEMAN of Style, A Real scent for a real DIOR fan that After all these years It still gets favorable comments from the Ladies and I don't think that Someone could find it Unpleasant. Classy,Classic,Fresh, Adorable,Aromatic,Distinctive,Subtle and Virile.

It blends a scent of Pure innocence with the Exotic nature of precious Wood and the Sophistication of a Great fragrance.The Citrusy opening of Lemon, Bergamot and Fruity notes is Luminous and fresh,Middle notes is Aromatic and Lovely and Finally a Woody and Masculine in the base.

This DIOR EDT is really a Great SUMMER fragrance.It is a very Pleasant scent for EVERYDAY and OFFICE use. I definitely Recommend it to a Man 30/50 years with a good sense of Style That who wants to Stand out.A EVERGREEN fragrance indeed.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Acceptable for a Citrus Aromatic.

7.75/10
22nd April, 2015
The modern reinterpretation has a close vibe to the original Armani Pour Homme.. This cologne is a true genteman's cologne with a subdued sense of character. Class in a bottle. Timeless.
02nd April, 2015
Hands down the fragrance I have worn the most over the last five years. As I have gotten into my late 40's I've found that I like the classic fragrances more and more, and Eau Sauvage is at the very top of my list. The soft lemon/rose top notes make it smell great upon application. The lemony scent lingers but never dominates like so many aquas and synthetics you find in your local department stores. The basil and vetiver base with the lemon trace are absolutely timeless IMO.

Eau Sauvage will never overwhelm and sillage and longevity are average. Great scent for the office, weekend or any occaision where you want a classic masculine fragrance that has lower projection but timeless appeal.

11th February, 2015 (last edited: 19th February, 2015)
Oviatt Show all reviews
This enduring classic is perfect in many ways--fresh citrus, a floral heart done right and vetiver to anchor everything. Over the years I have worn this and always marvel at how good it is. I particularly like the aftershave balm. There is a real freshness to it but a masculine sensuality that is freshly showered and beautifully dressed and ready for action. Great warm weather scent; fresh but with the underlying smell of humanity that French fragrances do so well. A man wearing Eau Sauvage will never feel out of place, out of time or out of luck. It is timeless, manly and just plain good. The advertising over the years has been really wonderful and it has supported several flankers which is not always desirable but in this case underscores just how good the core offering is. Beloved by Sloane Rangers, Preppies, boys and girls, women and men everywhere. I think it is safe to say that this classic will be with us forever.
04th February, 2015
A citrus explosion that is my feeling, after 30 minutes maybe less lavender appears giving a floral touch, then evolves into a woody chypre where the oak moss becomes present, these accords make this fragrance become very vintage, was a great surprise, this will be the first of many bottles !!
23rd January, 2015
This is my 5th or 6th bottle as well. I keep coming back to it because it's got everything I like. Very subdued, never been asked by passers by what cologne I'm wearing. That's okay. I like that. When I walk back into my office and get a whiff of what I sprayed on my coat earlier in the day, it makes me happy.

I have the big 6.8 spray sitting on my dresser, in front of that are two tall ribbed bottles with the fancy bell shaped cap. A 3.4oz splash, Then a small 1/2oz bottle full of the vintage stuff I bought for as a reference.

As most of you know already, the vintage stuff is what really delivers the goods. The depth of the citrus in the beginning is downright intoxicating. If you find yourself reading reviews on basenotes for eau sauvage, I probably don't need to tell you to track down your very own example of the vintage juice.

The recent version of this stuff is pretty watered down. I don't think you could possibly spray too much. I give myself a good 2-3 spray several times thru out the day. You'll kill a single 3.4oz bottle in no time.

All and all, I give it a thumbs up. Not great in terms of longevity or sillage..if that's what you're into.
03rd January, 2015 (last edited: 02nd January, 2015)

Add your review of Eau Sauvage

Shop for Eau Sauvage products online

Shop for Eau Sauvage at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eau Sauvage

Member images of Eau Sauvage

There are no member images of Eau Sauvage yet. Why not be the first?