Eau Sauvage (1966)

PerfumerEdmond Roudnitska
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Eau Sauvage

This classic citrus fragrance by Dior is a favourite of many. Packaged in a very classy bottle and a classy box to match. A more "Extreme" version is available (in black packaging) called 'Eau Sauvage Extreme'. Other Dior fragrances for men include Fahrenheit and most recently, Dune for Men.

Eau Sauvage fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau Sauvage

Not much I can add... at the least I had the interesting experience of testing Sauvage Parfum and EDP when purchasing Eau Sauvage.

Granted, they’re not meant to be the same and are aimed at totally different audiences, but it kind of shocks me just how much more I like Eau Sauvage. The citrus and rosemary opening is epic - I definitely didn’t get any cumin in the opening though, so it was bizarre seeing that listed as a note.

I did notice the hedione that a few base notes reviewers seem to have called out as sickly sweet. It does get somewhat rich in the heart with the basil and iris, but I found it to have an enjoyable, fresh, dapper barbershop vibe, certainly not sickly sweet like a modern ambroxan and vanilla bomb.

I don’t mind that it doesn’t have much sillage, because I honestly spend most of my days at work and can’t be choking people out with a “projection beast.”

I get the classic status and love having a bottle in my collection. Two emphatic thumbs up.
13th November, 2019
I love this, it is a fairly dry citrus. Herbal and manly. Smells well groomed. It is polite, and not overtly brash like many of its contemporaries. It doesn't fade instantly, but sooner than I would consider good. Say below average longevity, but not poor.
05th September, 2019
Eau Sauvage Parfum is probably my favorite scent period. So naturally I was going to gravitate towards the original version of it. Every time my wife drags me into Sephora I smell it on paper. The opening is beautiful, so fresh, so clean. So finally yesterday I sprayed some juice on my hand and left. About 20 minutes later it turned into a skin scent on me. Not only that but I didn't like what it turned into. It completely strayed from the beautiful opening that attracted me to it in the first place but rather a dirty vetiver vibe. Almost got a Polo Green vibe from it, and unfortunately that does not blend well with my skin. Such a shame because it truly has a great opening but whatever, at least I didn't waste my money on something I don't like.
12th April, 2019
This as we know it comes from the past as a traditional clean, citrusy based fragrance with a dry down of a woody. This fragrance is in my meh list as it not intended to wow or intrigue anyone. A work scent is more to its niche. Sillage is standard and longevity is in the middle due to its citrus nature.
22nd March, 2019
Love this classic, very fresh, lemon and Bergamot, summery,clean, leather,woody dry down. The only problem is longevity, it just fades too quickly.
04th December, 2018
While I am a bigger fan of the Eau Sauvage Parfum version, this is the one that set the stage for my decades-long love of what is arguably a classic, excellent men's fragrance.

What I enjoyed about Eau Sauvage is that it's a longer lasting, more layered potion than the typical eau de cologne citrus scents out there. It is very bracing and exudes a fresh masculine impression that still is appreciated after over 40 years in existence.

Eau Sauvage is a nicely blended citrus-spice fragrance that also accented by floral notes like carnation and jasmine. It's tangy-musky goodness of the most elementary, no-nonsense kind.

I enjoy the Parfum version as it is a lush, intense rethink of Eau Sauvage. But it's up to you which level of intensity would work for your personality and occasion.
Try both out, as each are fairly easy to find on most fragrance tester counters at a department store near you.
19th November, 2018

Add your review of Eau Sauvage

Shop for Eau Sauvage products online

Shop for Eau Sauvage at online perfumeries

Christian Dior SAUVAGE Men's Eau de Toilette Cologne Spray After Shave Balm Deod

End Date: Monday Dec-9-2019 7:27:49 PST

CHRISTIAN DIOR SAUVAGE -100% GENUINE Eau De Parfum - BEST MEN PERFUME 5ml Spray

End Date: Monday Dec-9-2019 10:30:09 PST
Buy It Now for only: $13.09
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

NEW CHRISTIAN DIOR EAU SAUVAGE PARFUM 50 ML SPRAY.

End Date: Monday Dec-9-2019 10:45:59 PST
Buy It Now for only: $84.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

NEW CHRISTIAN DIOR EAU SAUVAGE PARFUM 100 ML SPRAY.

End Date: Monday Dec-9-2019 10:46:00 PST