Eau Sauvage (1966)

PerfumerEdmond Roudnitska
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Eau Sauvage

This classic citrus fragrance by Dior is a favourite of many. Packaged in a very classy bottle and a classy box to match. A more "Extreme" version is available (in black packaging) called 'Eau Sauvage Extreme'. Other Dior fragrances for men include Fahrenheit and most recently, Dune for Men.

Eau Sauvage fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau Sauvage

On trying this out recently, I sprayed and loved it--until I smelled myself up close. Whereas from afar, I reveled in the heavenly lemon and vetiver, at the skin level I detected a concentrated pungent, cabbage-y accord, that reminded me distinctly of helping my grandmother clean the house with a big bucket of Pine Sol in my youth. Not exactly the fragrance I was hoping for. However, after an hour or so, this acrid note disappeared and I enjoyed the rest of the ride.

For me, chypres are finicky. With a polarizing scent like Aramis, I can abide the gamey topnotes on the way to the heart of the fragrance, but this one was a bit off-putting for me. Part of it, I think, is that Eau Sauvage EDT is at heart a 60s fragrance (like Aramis), with the cologne sensibility and orientation of that time. Not a bad scent at all and worth trying. Just not necessarily my favorite. May have to give it a second chance...
18th July, 2015
A timeless classic. Truly a masterpiece that will always stand the test of time. Precious and simple, a perfect scent suitable for every occasion.
27th June, 2015
I just received my first bottle of Eau Sauvage by Dior. I don't know how to even begin my praise for this classic men's fragrance. It is by far one of the loveliest scents I have yet to experience. Very similar to Eau d'Hermes by Hermes in a way. Highly recommended!!
19th June, 2015 (last edited: 01st July, 2015)
Salutation.

This scent is a Necessity in the Collection of the GENTLEMAN of Style, A Real scent for a real DIOR fan that After all these years It still gets favorable comments from the Ladies and I don't think that Someone could find it Unpleasant. Classy,Classic,Fresh, Adorable,Aromatic,Distinctive,Subtle and Virile.

It blends a scent of Pure innocence with the Exotic nature of precious Wood and the Sophistication of a Great fragrance.The Citrusy opening of Lemon, Bergamot and Fruity notes is Luminous and fresh,Middle notes is Aromatic and Lovely and Finally a Woody and Masculine in the base.

This DIOR EDT is really a Great SUMMER fragrance.It is a very Pleasant scent for EVERYDAY and OFFICE use. I definitely Recommend it to a Man 30/50 years with a good sense of Style That who wants to Stand out.A EVERGREEN fragrance indeed.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Acceptable for a Citrus Aromatic.

7.75/10
22nd April, 2015
The modern reinterpretation has a close vibe to the original Armani Pour Homme. This cologne is a true gentleman's cologne which would be perfectly suitable as a "signature scent" as it exudes character with high pedigree. Class in a bottle. Timeless. Steve Mcqueen chose Eau Savage as his "signature scent" and that in itself speaks volumes about this modern day reinterpretation of a scent that has stood the test of time.
02nd April, 2015 (last edited: 17th June, 2015)
Hands down the fragrance I have worn the most over the last five years. As I have gotten into my late 40's I've found that I like the classic fragrances more and more, and Eau Sauvage is at the very top of my list. The soft lemon/rose top notes make it smell great upon application. The lemony scent lingers but never dominates like so many aquas and synthetics you find in your local department stores. The basil and vetiver base with the lemon trace are absolutely timeless IMO.

Eau Sauvage will never overwhelm and sillage and longevity are average. Great scent for the office, weekend or any occaision where you want a classic masculine fragrance that has lower projection but timeless appeal.

11th February, 2015 (last edited: 19th February, 2015)

Add your review of Eau Sauvage

Shop for Eau Sauvage products online

Shop for Eau Sauvage at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eau Sauvage

Member images of Eau Sauvage

There are no member images of Eau Sauvage yet. Why not be the first?