Eau Sauvage (1966)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 939 ratings

Eau Sauvage Fragrance Notes

Eau Sauvage information

This classic citrus fragrance by Dior is a favourite of many. Packaged in a very classy bottle and a classy box to match. A more "Extreme" version is available (in black packaging) called 'Eau Sauvage Extreme'. Other Dior fragrances for men include Fahrenheit and most recently, Dune for Men.

Shop for Eau Sauvage products online

100ml EdP
    50ml EdT

Reviews of Eau Sauvage

Showing 1 to 6 of 204 reviews.

k e i t h's avatar

This is my 5th or 6th bottle as well. I keep coming back to it because it's got everything I like. Very subdued, never been asked by passers by what cologne I'm wearing. That's okay. I like that. When I walk back into my office and get a whiff of what I sprayed on my coat earlier in the day, it makes me happy.

I have the big 6.8 spray sitting on my dresser, in front of that are two tall ribbed bottles with the fancy bell shaped cap. A 3.4oz splash, Then a small 1/2oz bottle full of the vintage stuff I bought for as a reference.

As most of you know already, the vintage stuff is what really delivers the goods. The depth of the citrus in the beginning is downright intoxicating. If you find yourself reading reviews on basenotes for eau sauvage, I probably don't need to tell you to track down your very own example of the vintage juice.

The recent version of this stuff is pretty watered down. I don't think you could possibly spray too much. I give myself a good 2-3 spray several times thru out the day. You'll kill a single 3.4oz bottle in no time.

All and all, I give it a thumbs up. Not great in terms of longevity or sillage..if that's what you're into.

03rd January, 2015 (Last Edited: 02nd January, 2015)

The Scent's avatar

This is bottle Nr 6 i received today!

And i also had the vintage juice back in the day.

The citrussy topnotes on the current version stays a long time with me i noticed.

Maybe it has something to do with the spray mechanism they used on the 200ml bottle it sprays a bit more than the older bottles i had.

The current formulation suits me very well the little oakmoss that was a little more noticable in the vintage juice is tamed down in the current version.

In a good way the old version was indeed more Sauvage but with the current formulation the only thing i can think of is pure classleading performance!

This is not a sillage monster but a very refined and well balanced scent that projects class in a subtle way.

If youre looking for a bang for buck solution on this scent buy the 200ml (6.8 OZ)spray version of the EDT.

It reminds me of a EDC by the way but one that stays a good 8hrs and 6 hrs close to the skin.

26th November, 2014

ClassicFan's avatar

Okay I really like this one a lot. It does what I wanted Creed Bois de Cedrat to do. It's fresh all the way. The citrus and rosemary work well together but the Basil and Vetiver freshen it up to keep it from being like medicine. To me this could be used anytime or anywhere. It's not too light or too strong. Highly recommended.

23rd November, 2014

Buysblind's avatar

I've never been sold on Eau Sauvage. I enjoy the crisp, aromatic lemon opening but I don't like where it goes after that. The floral, rose-like aspect of the petitgrain creates the impression of a man who is too meticulously groomed, perhaps superfluously so. I don't find this the classic masculine it's often lauded to be. It's soft around the edges, a little staid, and when it comes down to it, sort of musty. The heart, in at least the most recent formulation, is flat and compressed. The petitgrain hums its lonely tune without much support from the other notes. In the end, its all a little dull and out of style. I'll give this a neutral with the idea that maybe one day I'll come around on it. But until then, it's just okay.

15th October, 2014

Lush's avatar

Spritzed on quite a bit while dressing for work. It was gone by the time I left the house.

30th September, 2014

jaybear's avatar

Finland Finland

My father likes fresh citrus scents so I decided to gift him a bottle of Eau Sauvage on his birthday a few months back. Only now did I manage to properly test it on myself. This is good stuff. I like the combination of fruity and zesty citrus notes with herbs and spices like basil and caraway. And it is not just a light citrus: There's a real and solid base with wood and other earthier ingredients down there, as well. The current formulation is not a least bit savage, although I have no idea if any of the other versions ever have been. However, if you savour the French word "sauvage" in your mouth you'll notice that the way the word is pronounced describes this fragrance just about perfectly: Something zingy, something soft and voiced, something sophisticated and a bit mysterious. Suave complexity.

28th August, 2014

• 1 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 1 day
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    Vintage Christian Dior "Eau Sauvage" Eau de Toilette Miniature mini bottle Rare!
    • Time Left: 11 days