Eau Sauvage (1966)

PerfumerEdmond Roudnitska
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Eau Sauvage

This classic citrus fragrance by Dior is a favourite of many. Packaged in a very classy bottle and a classy box to match. A more "Extreme" version is available (in black packaging) called 'Eau Sauvage Extreme'. Other Dior fragrances for men include Fahrenheit and most recently, Dune for Men.

Eau Sauvage fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau Sauvage

Perfection. Everything is juuuuussst riiiight. Nothing too sharp, or too floral, too sweet, or too strong, or too thin. Everything in balance, including a subtle skin/musk effect. Always appropriate and comfortable, transcends sex and age.

The soap is wonderful too.
25th October, 2015
Citing the 213 reviewers before me:

A gentleman's cologne that has stood the test of time.

17th September, 2015
I tried my hardest to be a fan of Eau Sauvage. It smells great, it was a favorite scent of my late grandfather, and it's a perfumery legend.

Alas, I gave my bottle to a good friend of mine. The reason? On my skin, it only lasts three hours - and this is a guy where L'Humaniste, known for longevity issues, lasts all day.
21st July, 2015
On trying this out recently, I sprayed and loved it--until I smelled myself up close. Whereas from afar, I reveled in the heavenly lemon and vetiver, at the skin level I detected a concentrated pungent, cabbage-y accord, that reminded me distinctly of helping my grandmother clean the house with a big bucket of Pine Sol in my youth. Not exactly the fragrance I was hoping for. However, after an hour or so, this acrid note disappeared and I enjoyed the rest of the ride.

For me, chypres are finicky. With a polarizing scent like Aramis, I can abide the gamey topnotes on the way to the heart of the fragrance, but this one was a bit off-putting for me. Part of it, I think, is that Eau Sauvage EDT is at heart a 60s fragrance (like Aramis), with the cologne sensibility and orientation of that time. Not a bad scent at all and worth trying. Just not necessarily my favorite. May have to give it a second chance...
18th July, 2015
A timeless classic. Truly a masterpiece that will always stand the test of time. Precious and simple, a perfect scent suitable for every occasion.
27th June, 2015
I just received my first bottle of Eau Sauvage by Dior. I don't know how to even begin my praise for this classic men's fragrance. It is by far one of the loveliest scents I have yet to experience. Very similar to Eau d'Hermes by Hermes in a way. Highly recommended!!
19th June, 2015 (last edited: 01st July, 2015)

Add your review of Eau Sauvage