Eau Sauvage (1966)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 939 ratings

Eau Sauvage Fragrance Notes

Eau Sauvage information

This classic citrus fragrance by Dior is a favourite of many. Packaged in a very classy bottle and a classy box to match. A more "Extreme" version is available (in black packaging) called 'Eau Sauvage Extreme'. Other Dior fragrances for men include Fahrenheit and most recently, Dune for Men.

Shop for Eau Sauvage products online

100ml EdP
    50ml EdT

Reviews of Eau Sauvage

Showing 1 to 6 of 207 reviews.

clamnole's avatar

Hands down the fragrance I have worn the most over the last five years. As I have gotten into my late 40's I've found that I like the classic fragrances more and more, and Eau Sauvage is at the very top of my list. The soft lemon/rose top notes make it smell great upon application. The lemony scent lingers but never dominates like so many aquas and synthetics you find in your local department stores. The basil and vetiver base with the lemon trace are absolutely timeless IMO.

Eau Sauvage will never overwhelm and sillage and longevity are average. Great scent for the office, weekend or any occaision where you want a classic masculine fragrance that has lower projection but timeless appeal.

11th February, 2015 (Last Edited: 19th February, 2015)

Oviatt's avatar

This enduring classic is perfect in many ways--fresh citrus, a floral heart done right and vetiver to anchor everything. Over the years I have worn this and always marvel at how good it is. I particularly like the aftershave balm. There is a real freshness to it but a masculine sensuality that is freshly showered and beautifully dressed and ready for action. Great warm weather scent; fresh but with the underlying smell of humanity that French fragrances do so well. A man wearing Eau Sauvage will never feel out of place, out of time or out of luck. It is timeless, manly and just plain good. The advertising over the years has been really wonderful and it has supported several flankers which is not always desirable but in this case underscores just how good the core offering is. Beloved by Sloane Rangers, Preppies, boys and girls, women and men everywhere. I think it is safe to say that this classic will be with us forever.

04th February, 2015

bisognini's avatar

A citrus explosion that is my feeling, after 30 minutes maybe less lavender appears giving a floral touch, then evolves into a woody chypre where the oak moss becomes present, these accords make this fragrance become very vintage, was a great surprise, this will be the first of many bottles !!

23rd January, 2015

k e i t h's avatar

This is my 5th or 6th bottle as well. I keep coming back to it because it's got everything I like. Very subdued, never been asked by passers by what cologne I'm wearing. That's okay. I like that. When I walk back into my office and get a whiff of what I sprayed on my coat earlier in the day, it makes me happy.

I have the big 6.8 spray sitting on my dresser, in front of that are two tall ribbed bottles with the fancy bell shaped cap. A 3.4oz splash, Then a small 1/2oz bottle full of the vintage stuff I bought for as a reference.

As most of you know already, the vintage stuff is what really delivers the goods. The depth of the citrus in the beginning is downright intoxicating. If you find yourself reading reviews on basenotes for eau sauvage, I probably don't need to tell you to track down your very own example of the vintage juice.

The recent version of this stuff is pretty watered down. I don't think you could possibly spray too much. I give myself a good 2-3 spray several times thru out the day. You'll kill a single 3.4oz bottle in no time.

All and all, I give it a thumbs up. Not great in terms of longevity or sillage..if that's what you're into.

03rd January, 2015 (Last Edited: 02nd January, 2015)

The Scent's avatar

This is bottle Nr 6 i received today!

And i also had the vintage juice back in the day.

The citrussy topnotes on the current version stays a long time with me i noticed.

Maybe it has something to do with the spray mechanism they used on the 200ml bottle it sprays a bit more than the older bottles i had.

The current formulation suits me very well the little oakmoss that was a little more noticable in the vintage juice is tamed down in the current version.

In a good way the old version was indeed more Sauvage but with the current formulation the only thing i can think of is pure classleading performance!

This is not a sillage monster but a very refined and well balanced scent that projects class in a subtle way.

If youre looking for a bang for buck solution on this scent buy the 200ml (6.8 OZ)spray version of the EDT.

It reminds me of a EDC by the way but one that stays a good 8hrs and 6 hrs close to the skin.

26th November, 2014

ClassicFan's avatar

Okay I really like this one a lot. It does what I wanted Creed Bois de Cedrat to do. It's fresh all the way. The citrus and rosemary work well together but the Basil and Vetiver freshen it up to keep it from being like medicine. To me this could be used anytime or anywhere. It's not too light or too strong. Highly recommended.

23rd November, 2014

STARTING BID
    Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior EDT Spray 3.4 oz *Tester
    • Time Left: 2 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    EAU SAUVAGE by Christian Dior 3.4 oz. edt Cologne Spray (Original Tester)
    • Time Left: 11 days
    Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior EDT Spray 6.7 oz
    • Time Left: 28 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    VINTAGE - RARE - EAU SAUVAGE BY CHRISTIAN DIOR - EDT - MEN'S SPRAY - 1 oz.
    • Listing Type: Auction