bne (1983)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanySelective Beauty
Parent Company at launchCobepa Group

About bne

bne is a masculine fragrance by Pierre Balmain. The scent was launched in 1983 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

bne fragrance notes

Reviews of bne

A bottle of this would be nice. It smells leathery in the opening. As it develops, I agree it smells like Aramis Tuscany, perhaps with a lighter touch of geranium.
12th March, 2017
You want Ebene back ? Try Tuscany ( Aramis ) very very close.......
15th August, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
Creative, highly original and - unique: this is how I can describe the top notes, in which bergamot, spearmint and basil blend with a slightly fruity berry note, with artemisia providing added depth. In the drydown cinnamon moves into the fore adding a pleasant spiciness that is never dark or harsh, with hints of rose and geranium adding subtle floral impressions. In the last hours hints of a suede-like soft leather with smidgeons of soft amber and just a tiny whiff of a gentle moss round it off. Most interestingly, the top notes never lose their core rle and remain present as the backbone of this delightful fragrance, like the theme of a musical variation in classical music, with the notes in the drydown and further development superimposed onto this constant ever-present central theme. It is extremely well blended of constituents of very fine quality, and projects very well with good silage. And longevity is supreme at eleven hours. One of Balmain's finest, a masterpiece. Its overall bright character makes it perfect for a sunny autumn day.
05th January, 2014
I have just purchased a bottle of Ebene for a chemist in Portugal , very hard to find indeed ! It was always my favourite scent and I used it everyday , sad to say this one will have to last! For me this is my holy Grail of scent, my olfactory discription of who I am or maybe who I'd like to think I am. Either way this fragrance is better than all the creeds put together and topped of with any serge lutens aaaaahhhh
27th October, 2010
Shame on Balmain ! Give us back this masterpiece, NOW !
12th August, 2010
Never smelled it, but it's getting ready to be re-introduced! Let's wait and see what the results are, boys and girls!!
27th May, 2010

Add your review of bne

Shop for bne products online

Search Amazon for bne

Member images of bne

There are no member images of bne yet. Why not be the first?