Eau de Cologne Impériale (1853)
    by Guerlain

Eau de Cologne Impériale Fragrance Notes

Shop for Eau de Cologne Impériale products online

$90.33*
    100ml Cologne
    (*converted from GBP 54.00)
    $50.94*
    100ml Cologne
    (*converted from GBP 30.45)

Reviews of Eau de Cologne Impériale

Showing 1 to 6 of 37 reviews.

Kampus Kop's avatar
    Kampus Kop

A classic

I love this one. It's one of my favorites. To me it's a Victorian classic ... complex and elegant. Of course it's citrusy, but the citrus is toned down by the lavender and something else that gives it a pleasing "dry" smell. What do I mean by "dry"? I dunno ... like the driest Brut Champagne. It is very old fashioned and reminds me of romantic days gone by. I only wish the longevity was a little longer.

04 October, 2013

chopwet's avatar
    chopwet
    Switzerland Switzerland

Truly lovely and refreshing but you'd need to spray it on every 10 minutes to get that effect. It doesn't last for any longer than that, but it's not supposed to. I get a citrus blast and then a cedar flash and then the show is over. Great.

24 October, 2012

Red Theodora's avatar
    Red Theodora

Well....... it looks like I'll be the first member of the female sex to write a review on Imperiale.
    To begin with Imperiale while now marketed as a masculine, was originally worn by both men and women. Just the same as the other cologne that Imperiale reminds me of - 4711 Echt Kolnish Wasser.
    I love 4711 so it's not surprising I think Imperiale is wonderful as well. I love a good citrus and herbal mixture.
    Imperiale also shares another trait of 4711, it has very minimal longevity. But it's lovely while it lasts.

13 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 15 March, 2012)

dougpettey's avatar
    dougpettey

Wonderful, shiny, morning sunlight fragrance that, as someone noted before, will get you from the bathroom to your dresser where you can then apply the fragrance of the day. I wish I had kept the bottle when it was finished. What a wonderful rememberance - and yet...

I cannot see myself wearing it now. I am not that young man any more. Somewhere between this exhuberant innocent youth and the wakes-up-gritting-his-teeth, steel grip handshake, 70-hour work week corporate head that is Lauder for Men, I will find the right scent for me.

07 February, 2012

WillBell's avatar
    WillBell

This is an eau de cologne which I spritz on after a shower during the warmer months of the year to feel fresh and complete. It is not a fragrance to weat for other people....it is my own after shower splash. It is a beautiful citrus -- light and airy --and it makes me feel even cleaner after my shower and shave. Thumbs up all the way. It wears off completely in 15 minutes to half-an-hour, just in time for me to apply the eau de toilette I want to go out of the house wearing. Thank goodness it comes in the 500 ml and 1000 ml size. I apply it with abandon. Imperiale is just grand

09 October, 2011

degustibus's avatar
    degustibus

Thumbs up for its perfect iteration of the EDC genre, although I agree with those who point out that you'll have to be as rich as Napoleon to be able to use enough of it. It is lovely but fleeting.

02 March, 2011