Égoïste / L'Égoïste (1990)
by Chanel

Égoïste / L'Égoïste information

Year of Launch1990

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Égoïste / L'Égoïste

Launched in 1990. A woody, spicy fragrance with a vanilla and sandalwood drydown.The fragrance was originally launched in the USA as a limited edition called 'Bois Noir' in 1987.

Égoïste / L'Égoïste fragrance notes

Reviews of Égoïste / L'Égoïste

"Clarity!" she mused,
Holding the red rose aloft,
"Yet rich with wood's spice."
12th September, 2017
a nice Effervescent citrus that quickly takes on a vanilla note without being sweet. Coriander is a subtle spice, but I can smell it in this fragrance. A bit of a more spicy dry-down somehow I smell a peachy vanilla note
26th July, 2017
My immediate impression is that this smells just like Christmas, with notes of plum pudding, spices & woods. Slowly it dries down to a spiced sandalwood, perhaps less sweet than in Bois des Isles, definitely more spicy, & more on the masculine side. It projects & lasts well, still going after more than twelve hours.
I tried this on a hot day & it felt entirely out of place for me, but I could see myself really enjoying it in winter.
30th May, 2017
Egoïste is a deeply burgundy-red scent: stewed plums with a dusting of spice, a pane of medieval garnet stained glass, polished macassar ebony. Definitely one for a man or a woman. I prefer this to Bois des Iles, which is a lighter cola.
13th April, 2017
A classic. Cinnamon, wood and a bit of smoke. Very crisp and long lasting. Not complex, but it works. As I am over gourmands (I don't want to wear food anymore, sorry A-Men flankers), I am grateful that Egoiste's cinnamon and vanilla do not overtake the fragrance and let it remain cologne, as opposed to a confection. My wife is stingy with compliments in regard to fragrances. I own too many for her to take notice anymore. But, she mentions her approval when I take Egoiste out for a spin. It's in my top ten of all time fragrances. I have had it for years and hope Chanel never tampers with it. Indeed, Egoiste was my first Chanel fragrance and one of the fragrances that began a life-long love of perfume.
01st January, 2017
What beautiful fragrance, it once was.

Now - nothing more than - a watered down version of what Egoiste is supposed to be.

Very, very disappointed in Chanel because of these 'tricks'.

For lovers, get yourself an older version on E-bay.
22nd December, 2016