Basenotes needs your help!

If you have found this site valuable, useful or entertaining, would you be willing to support us? Our current goal is to upgrade our ageing forum system and bring it to the modern age! Find out More here

Elements (1993)
by Hugo Boss

Elements information

Year of Launch1993
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseHugo Boss
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > Eurocos

About Elements

Now discontinued, Elements was for "a man in touch with all of the elements in his life". Packaged in a bronze coloured box, the bottle was deep brown, with a rock motif on the base.

Elements fragrance notes

Reviews of Elements

Old productions of boss were great .Boss Elements was one of them ,a balanced smoothe ahead of it's time,
It is a great scent.very hard to find fragrance since understanding my words is hard for whom hasn't test it yet.
15th May, 2018
I love it so much very hi quality balanced 90s scent.9/10
15th May, 2018
The elements of this pinched woody masculine are clearly féminité and bois.

The effect is like a watercolour sketch of Notre Dame's plum coloured rose window using pigments mixed with battery acid.

23rd November, 2017
This is a orange dominated youthful fragrance. The plum note in question is hardly there, as I detect some juniper berries. None of the listed herbs are to be discerned. The composition has a warm-fresh modern oriental vibe with a restrained woody sweetness in the base. The mid phase is the most inviting when the orange subsides a bit, the plum-like fruitiness comes to the fore, and is supported by a hint of sandalwood. The dry down is sparse, with the sweet woody accord persisting together with the orange-plum pairing in the background.

On my skin sillage is initially good but dies down quickly, and duration is average. Based on its overall structure and composition, it brings to mind Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme, Individuel, and Original Santal.

There's no particular reason to seek out this one given the alternatives (especially the Chanel), unless one wishes to wallow in nostalgia.

2.5/5
27th March, 2017
Almost a thumbs down but I give it a neutral mainly for the opening which is above average with bergamot and some citrus... from there it turns to a rather synthetic smell to my nose that I can't place with a boring generic dry down IMHO. With the current price point I would try before you buy.
18th July, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
The freshness of the opening is related to the bergamot, but a pleasant fruity note soon develops, juniper berries and a plum note mainly. Not bad, but on my skin it is not really extraordinary. Green notes are added in the drydown, and the woody base emanates a pleasant cedar; at this stage it is quite close to my skin.

The fruity and the woody components are well blended. Sillage is moderate and the projection all right; I get five hours of longevity. One of the better HB scents; older samples were richer and more convincing and I wonder a subtle reformulation might have occurred. 2.5/5.
13th March, 2015

Add your review of Elements

Shop for Elements products online

Member images of Elements

There are no member images of Elements yet. Why not be the first?