Elements (1993)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 85 ratings

Elements Fragrance Notes

Elements information

Sadly now difficult to get hold of in the UK, although you may find a few bottles lurking around in mainland Europe. It was for "a man in touch with all of the elements in his life". Packaged in a bronze coloured box, the bottle was deep brown, with what looked like a kind of rock thing on the base. Inspired by the natural world. I don't know why it wasn't more popular, Maybe a relaunch is in order. Come on Procter & Gamble, see to it!

Shop for Elements products online

Reviews of Elements

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.
    positive 11 Positive Reviewsneutral7 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Darvant's avatar

Hard to find nowadays this is a very interesting fougere, earthy, fruity, woody and spicy at once. The citruses-plum-terragon-thyme link represents the main feature of the fragrance cause exudes that dirty, fruity, balsamic trait with a bitter, mentholated undertone which flavours the woodsy base made by sandalwood, oakmoss and cedar. The dirtiness is produced by the sweet-bitter contrast of the elements. The elements are those of mother nature and their smell is musky, woodsy and reminds a bit aromatic mild tobacco (i think plum joined with cedar, tangerine and terragon produces this smell). Nice scent for free days outside in the farm.

31st January, 2011 (Last Edited: 15 March, 2011)

Kwerk's avatar

I'll start my review by making one thing perfectly clear: This is my all time favourite scent. Nothing that I'd bought prior to Elements or since has had the same effect on me.

For me fragrance is a deeply personal thing. I've bought scents based on other peoples recommendations that have been awful, and more often than not scents that I've chosen have turned out either by good luck or good taste to be loved to the very last drop. This was the first time I broke open a perfume bottle to extract every last drop from the glass & the vaporizer tube!

I attach fond memories to fragrances, and during the time I wore Elements I was in a particular good time of my life (mid 20's). Smelling this scent brings all of those good feelings right back into my mind.

While I'm not as erudite as many of the reviewers on BN, the two things that I found most endearing about Elements are:

1) Subtlety. I couldn't always smell it on. But from time to time I'd smell something and wonder "what is that amazing smell?" only to realise it was me :-)

2) Longevity. I bought the product as a bundle with the matching shower gel & aftershave balm. In layering I could put it on Friday night, and still recognise the scent on Monday morning. Joop! is the only other fragrance that I've found lasting this long, although with Joop after 3 days I started to get very weary of it; whereas with Elements it was a welcome reminder any time I could still make it out on my skin.

Elements has been unavailable in Australia for the last 5+ years but thanks to BN I managed to find some on eBay and I'm really looking forward to wearing it again, reliving old memories & associating it with new ones. Although this time I'm going to buy up as many bottles as I can get my hands on. I like it that much I could wear it to the grave! (Might have to write that into my will :-P)

28 July, 2010

robeverliving's avatar

This is probably one of the reasons I became interested in cologne. I love the woodsy, musk, aroma it wreaks of. If you like nature and are looking for the "mother nature" type of scent. This thing RULES! This one is underrated. This is for the guy that lives on the edge and likes that woodsy aroma!

12 February, 2010

cheekyhamsta's avatar

Like its sister Elements Aqua, I like this one too although it is also becoming more difficult to find. This one is simply a nice fruity scent that is unlikely to cause offence and has good projection and longevity. It makes for a good winter counterpart to the summer scent Boss Elements Aqua, and they smell completely different from each other too. Both the bottle and its bronze box look stunning. I had this and Boss Elements Aqua at the same time in the late 1990s and loved to place them together as a pair on my dresser. However, I am baffled as to why Boss has chosen to confuse us with the recent release of the almost identically named yet totally different smelling Boss Element.

29 November, 2009 (Last Edited: 20th March, 2010)

terry81's avatar

Singapore Singapore

This fragrance smells expensive, smokey and tabacco.

It's a strong fragrance for mature men and its long lasting.

15 May, 2009

Andyman's avatar

Although I had smelt it before and already liked it, it wasn't until I read Andrewthecologneguy's review that it occurred to me that Boss Elements smells like Davidoff's Cool Water, just a bit "dirtier" (perhaps warmer would be a better term).

It has a nice citrus opening and comes in a beautiful brown glass bottle. Note the plum in the top and heart notes—very few men's fragrances contain this ingredient.

03 March, 2009

• Time Left: 1 day
    Hugo Boss Boss Elements Aqua for Men Cologne 3.3 Oz / 100ml EDT NIB
    • Time Left: 17 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Boss Elements Aqua By Hugo Boss 3.4 oz Edt~Spy Unboxed & No Cap (USED)
    • Time Left: 19 days
    HUGO BOSS ELEMENT AFTER SHAVE BALM 1.6 OZ NEW
    • Time Left:
    (Shipping from United States)
    Mens Boss Aqua Elements Eau De Toilette 3.4 Oz (80% Full) Authentic! RV79$!!
    • Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 3 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    12 Pcs of Hugo Boss Element Vials on Card 2 mL. EDT Splash Travel Size (Sample)
    • Time Left: 15 days
    HUGO ELEMENT HUGO BOSS MEN EDT 3.0 OZ NEW TESTER
    • Time Left: 26 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Hugo Boss Mixed Mens Vial Just Different-Element-Man-Selection-Edition.06oz-5pcs
    • Time Left: 23 days