Elements (1993)

Year of Launch1993
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseHugo Boss

About Elements

Now discontinued, Elements was for "a man in touch with all of the elements in his life". Packaged in a bronze coloured box, the bottle was deep brown, with a rock motif on the base.

Elements fragrance notes

Reviews of Elements

The freshness of the opening is related to the bergamot, but a pleasant fruity note soon develops, juniper berries and a plum note mainly. Not bad, but on my skin it is not really extraordinary. Green notes are added in the drydown, and the woody base emanates a pleasant cedar; at this stage it is quite close to my skin.

The fruity and the woody components are well blended. Sillage is moderate and the projection all right; I get five hours of longevity. One of the better HB scents; older samples were richer and more convincing and I wonder a subtle reformulation might have occurred. 2.5/5.
13th March, 2015
Hard to find nowadays this is a very interesting fougere, earthy, fruity, woody and spicy at once. The citruses-plum-terragon-thyme link represents the main feature of the fragrance cause exudes that dirty, fruity, balsamic trait with a bitter, mentholated undertone which flavours the woodsy base " created" by sandalwood, oakmoss and cedar. The mossy-ambery dry down, as connected with spices and a deeply floral heart, conjures me partially scents as Enrico Coveri Pour Homme, Police Dark and Ungaro III (but Elements is more spicy-dusty, fruity and resinous). The dirtiness is produced by a sweet-bitter contrast of elements. The elements are those of mother nature and their aroma is musky, woodsy and conjures me slightly aromatic mild tobacco (i think plum joined with cedar, tangerine and terragon produces this perfume). Nice scent for free days outside in the farm.
31st January, 2011 (last edited: 07th December, 2014)
I'll start my review by making one thing perfectly clear: This is my all time favourite scent. Nothing that I'd bought prior to Elements or since has had the same effect on me.

For me fragrance is a deeply personal thing. I've bought scents based on other peoples recommendations that have been awful, and more often than not scents that I've chosen have turned out either by good luck or good taste to be loved to the very last drop. This was the first time I broke open a perfume bottle to extract every last drop from the glass & the vaporizer tube!

I attach fond memories to fragrances, and during the time I wore Elements I was in a particular good time of my life (mid 20's). Smelling this scent brings all of those good feelings right back into my mind.

While I'm not as erudite as many of the reviewers on BN, the two things that I found most endearing about Elements are:

1) Subtlety. I couldn't always smell it on. But from time to time I'd smell something and wonder "what is that amazing smell?" only to realise it was me :-)

2) Longevity. I bought the product as a bundle with the matching shower gel & aftershave balm. In layering I could put it on Friday night, and still recognise the scent on Monday morning. Joop! is the only other fragrance that I've found lasting this long, although with Joop after 3 days I started to get very weary of it; whereas with Elements it was a welcome reminder any time I could still make it out on my skin.

Elements has been unavailable in Australia for the last 5+ years but thanks to BN I managed to find some on eBay and I'm really looking forward to wearing it again, reliving old memories & associating it with new ones. Although this time I'm going to buy up as many bottles as I can get my hands on. I like it that much I could wear it to the grave! (Might have to write that into my will :-P)
28th July, 2010
This is probably one of the reasons I became interested in cologne. I love the woodsy, musk, aroma it wreaks of. If you like nature and are looking for the "mother nature" type of scent. This thing RULES! This one is underrated. This is for the guy that lives on the edge and likes that woodsy aroma!
12th February, 2010
Like its sister Elements Aqua, I like this one too although it is also becoming more difficult to find. This one is simply a nice fruity scent that is unlikely to cause offence and has good projection and longevity. It makes for a good winter counterpart to the summer scent Boss Elements Aqua, and they smell completely different from each other too. Both the bottle and its bronze box look stunning. I had this and Boss Elements Aqua at the same time in the late 1990s and loved to place them together as a pair on my dresser. However, I am baffled as to why Boss has chosen to confuse us with the recent release of the almost identically named yet totally different smelling Boss Element.
29th November, 2009 (last edited: 20th March, 2010)
This fragrance smells expensive, smokey and tabacco.

It's a strong fragrance for mature men and its long lasting.
15th May, 2009

Add your review of Elements

Shop for Elements products online

Shop for Elements at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Elements

Member images of Elements

There are no member images of Elements yet. Why not be the first?