Elite (1980)

Elite information

Year of Launch1980

HouseFloris

About Elite

According to Floris: Elite is a contemplative concoction of grapefruit and Bergamot leaf sits with the beautifully woody base of this mature and mellow melange. Patchouli Lavender and Cedarwood meld subtly with Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Vetiver, and Tuberose for a richly inviting fragrance exuding the confidence of its wearer.

Elite fragrance notes

Reviews of Elite

Elite is definitely British in character. Feels somewhat complex to me. Those who appreciate Arboretum by Le Prince Jardinier would definitely appreciate Elite. Or, should I say, those who enjoy Elite would appreciate Arboretum since Elite is Arboretum's senior by 15 years. There are some distinctive differences between the two however. Both fragrances have a green vibe as well as a nice musty herbalistic feel. Elite however, brings a few other notes that are strange, but enjoyable. I smell a sweet grape quality that is tempered by an astringent note that keeps the sweetness from becoming cloying. There's almost a wine like quality to Elite. I don't drink, so I may be wrong, but that's the feeling I get as I smell Elite. Another interesting note I'm picking up is the smell of toast. Maybe it's grape jelly on toast. Odd, I know, but I can almost picture an English gentleman spreading marmite on his toast whilst sipping a glass of wine. There's also a fresh laundry like smell that I noticed, but more in the opening than in the dry down. As I mentioned, there is a complexity to this fragrance that is interesting, but I enjoyed it and will continue to see what unfolds in my next wearing. Longevity and sillage are both outstanding!
21st January, 2017
Hairy chested beast that epitomizes the 80s! This is not for the faint of heart! A no holds masculine spicy leathery citrusy barbershop-y blast of goodness.
A more interesting and multidimensional version of Tsar from Van Cleef & Arpels. Perhaps a cologne de parfum version, so lighter but not weaker. Quite nice!
19th November, 2016
So far, this is the best of the Floris masculines I have tried. A punchy green chypre, it exudes confidence, but not in a chest-beating kind of way. It would be an excellent choice for work days when an assertive persona is required. The ingredients work together well, and I experience more than acceptable longevity and sillage. Perhaps not modern, perhaps not dynamic, but it has a place.

Next step: to test Palm Springs by the same house, which to a sniff from the vial is redolent of Elite but incorporating possibly superior accords.
05th September, 2016
interesting barbershop fragrance with non existent sillage and duration
27th March, 2016
vadim Show all reviews
Russian Federation
An odd little number: to my nose, it's mouldy peaches spritzed with Chanel pour Monsieur sitting on Annick Goutal's base mix. Meandering, sprawling, moody, unfinished - but not that bad, all things considered.
14th January, 2016
uintessentially English everyman fragrance. Introduced in 1979 but is built from the heritage of Florisí long history and you can tell. Both Dandy and rakish, this could be gentlemanís club after the pipe smokers have left having taken a brandy for the road, or lounge bar down the local. Being chauffeured in the Bentley or tinkering under the hood of the MG. Business suit, tweed or T-shirt and jeans.
Itís slightly understated but never fades away. Although green woody itís never damp, with wood notes at all levels acting as trunk that allows the floral, and fruitier notes to entwine around.
However anchoring it all is a subtle combination of patchouli and musk with, as the Floris site informs, a hint of leather.
I find it perfectly suitable for the office or out at night. Sillage is quite moderate but longevity is good for me. Applied early in the morning, it never overpowers early on but is still detectable in the late afternoon. I find most Floris fragrances appealing but this is my chosen everyday.
23rd October, 2015

Add your review of Elite

Shop for Elite products online

Shop for Elite at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Elite