Epicéa (1965)

Parent CompanyCreed

About Epicéa

Epicéa is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1965

Reviews of Epicéa

Epicea is such a pleasant, relaxing, and calming pine scent. And that's primarily what it is to me: a pine fragrance. There is a little citrus and it's slightly spicy, but the major star is piney evergreen goodness. I don't pick up lavender, but it does explain the calming effect I get. It could easily be a signature scent for someone who just wants to smell nice, but not necessarily be noticed. Epicea is very different from Creed's modern millesimes, but is still recognizable as a Creed. It gives me light but persistent projection for 6-7 hours, then a bit more sporadic for the next 3-4. Not bad performance for a Creed EDT. Being a pine fragrance suggests it as a cold weather perfume. I can't speak to that, but it works well in a fairly cold air-conditioned office environment. It also works well in the heat, which is when the citrus is more noticeable. I'm very happy to have this now discontinued Creed EDT in my wardrobe.
26th July, 2016
This juice is growing on me. I think I may have almost caught a very slight hint of pine when I put it on this morning. It's not even close to the brilliant Creed's, but it is fresh, clean and enjoyable...just wish it had better longevity and sillage.

Trying Epicea again today. I am frustrated by this fragrance because it's not what I wanted it to be, which is the pine scent I was hoping for after reading many reviews about it. It's not a bad scent. It's very soft bordering on weak, but it's not unpleasant.

I'm only selecting a neutral rating on Epicea, because my experience so far is all I have to go by. I want to like it, because I love pine scents done well. SO...I bought a bottle of Epicea off of Amazon. When it arrived, I inspected the box, the cards, the bottle, the sprayer, the cap, and every other piece of evidence that would suggest that this may be a fake. They all checked out as authentic from everything I could see. I sprayed some on and was immediately disappointed, because all I could smell was lavender with a hint of clove. There was no pine at all. I had read how the Russian Pine was the bottom note, so I thought maybe it would show up in time. Unfortunately, it never did. I then tried to apply a lot to see if the pine scent was just very weak. Once again, there was no trace of pine. I was so very disappointed as I was so looking forward to finding a wonderful pine cologne. As others have stated, the longevity and sillage are short. One hour for a couple of sprays, and only about 3 hours when applying 4 to 5 sprays. Has anyone else found their Epicea to have no pine scent, or am I looking at a fake?

I wore Epicea again yesterday and noticed that it almost reminded me of the smell of a mint julep. I still don't get pine from this fragrance, but I asked someone else if they could smell any pine, and they said maybe just a very slight hint of pine. I felt it was more of a lavender spice scent the first time I wore it, but I really noticed a mint aspect to it this time.
16th December, 2015 (last edited: 01st April, 2016)
A pleasant blend of pine, bergamot, and lavender, Creed's Epicea achieves the "fresh/citrus pine" categorization effectively. More bergamot in the opening, and more pine revealed in the dry down, but otherwise pretty linear, Epicea has the woodiness of a woodsy fragrance but the freshness of a citrus/aquatic fragrance. I don't get as much spiciness as most seem to---the clove is slight at most.

The only pine-dominant fragrance I own is Imaginary Authors' Cape Heartache, which is a heavier expression, blended mainly with strawberry. Epicea is a fresh, woody experience that really has all-year wearability, despite the popular association of pine with colder weather. This goes hand in hand with Epicea not being outstanding with respect to projection or longevity. It's definitely poorer on projection than longevity. Frankly, though, I don't regard this as much of a departure from the other fresh Creed scents. Most--Aventus, Silver Mountain Water, Himalaya, Green Irish Tweed--aren't terribly strong either, and I see their performance exaggerated. While I'd generally argue for the stronger being better, in the case of Epicea and other fresh Creed kin, the silver lining is that one need not at least be so judicious with sprays.

Epicea is definitely not an all-star in the realm of Aventus, but it feels a unique spot in the Creed house, and for fans of pine, it could prove essential.

8 out of 10
01st December, 2015
Epicea is one of the best pine smelling fragrances that I’ve came across. It reminds me of fresh Christmas trees when picking one out to take home a few days after Thanksgiving. It’s more or less the same idea of walking around in a pine forest although Christmas trees come first to mind whenever I smell this. The scent starts off with subtle citrusy ‘bergamot’ and lavender notes which give off a fresh crisp opening. Within five minutes this opening completely disappears giving away to spices ‘cloves’ and pine notes which are present at both the heart and the base. Overall, it was quite linear but in a good way as you will get a consistent pine and spice aroma from start to finish. Similar to Cheverfeuille, Epicea is a very simplistic scent. Longevity and silage isn’t too great here. I got about 2-3 hours of longevity and below moderate silage upon application which quickly became a skin soon after. Despite both longevity and silage, I think this is better suited for the colder months. This would work fine in both indoor and outdoor settings. Overall, Epicea is a good pine based fragrance and worth trying if one is into pine fragrances or classic Creeds.
04th May, 2015
bokaba Show all reviews
A grand fragrance indeed! Epicea reminds me of something the 17th Century Russian aristocracy would have worn (along with their fur kaftans and leather boots before Peter the Great forced them to adopt silk shoes, bows, knickers, silk stockings, and powdered wigs) around a fire in an ancient pine forest perhaps roasting a wild boar. The pine, smoke, and birch tar are founded in powdery, slightly sour ambergris and slightly sweet, but still robust musk.
07th March, 2015
You can smell a realistic high quality pine (like Windsor) mixed with a light clove. This is probably THE quintessential winter scent. Unfortunately the sillage isn't so great. It's still more potent than Bois de Cedrat but not much so.
23rd November, 2014

Add your review of Epicéa

Shop for Epicéa products online

Search Amazon for Epicéa

Member images of Epicéa

There are no member images of Epicéa yet. Why not be the first?