Epicéa (1965)
    by Creed

Reviews of Epicéa

Showing 1 to 6 of 40 reviews.

bejahu's avatar
    bejahu

This may be the best pine scent that I've ever encountered. The scent stays close to the skin and the longevity is respectable considering it is an EdT. The scent has a dominant cardamon note that is augmented beautifully by lush, spicy, and rich cloves. This scent is reminiscent of a calm, cold, clear night after a snow storm. Icicles are clinging to the trees, the cold, crisp air is bracing against your face. The scent of pine needles permeates the air.

This fragrance was a very pleasant surprise for me. I can't stress enough how high quality and authentic is the pine note. Outstanding.

05 September, 2012

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

A straightforward experience: Bergamot, lavender and gentle spice that leads to a pine drydown that is delightful in its simplicity. Conservative with reminiscences of Christmas in the snow. Winter forest in a bottle.

14 July, 2012

Redbeard's avatar
    Redbeard

Very very weak. It starts out as a soapy green pine, in the family of Duc de Vervins, but with a little more wood (even in the top notes!). The wood is surprisingly believable, and hints at an incense quality such as you'd find in Zagorsk. As it dries, the green lightens up and sweetens up with some heavy orange peels, reminding me of the gradual sweetening via cinnamon leaf in Bowling Green. Its also anisy...maybe not enough to put me off completely, but enough for me to feel like it detracts from what little there was to this scent in the first place. In the end, the base begins to have a dustiness which for some reason I dislike compared to other dusty wood-bearing scents, and maybe a little Coca-Cola from the fizzy, anisy spices. I once commented that Equipage could show Orange Spice a thing or two (in a more leathery direction), and I think that both Equipage and Rocabar could show Epicea a thing or two in the sweet woody department. It just doesn't remind me of a forest. Time to go back to sleep.

04 November, 2011

sjohnjay's avatar
    sjohnjay

Epicea shows its age; not necessarily a bad thing.
    Smells like (surprise!) russian evergreen forests.
    It's classy and dignified, because of its subtle and somewhat mysterious transparency.
    Unfortunately, longevity seems to be an issue here.

20th September, 2010

DavidBond007's avatar
    DavidBond007

Weak, boring pine /insect repellent type of smell. Probably my #2 least favorite ever. Do not buy it, Creed should consider discontinuing it.

23 March, 2010 (Last Edited: 01st April, 2010)

holyzoo's avatar
    holyzoo

Well I spent a lot of energy trying to find a holy grail pine/cypress scent. Epicea was my last try. With all that I've tried, everything has come up short. I suppose I just don't love pine enough. The closest to holy grail I've found is Fou d`Absinthe by L Artisan Parfumeur. It's so close, but I wind up wanting the glorious open to continue and it just fades away into a vivid forest like woods that feels too outdoorsy and cold. Epicea, hits my nose like a commercial cleanser, mellows out a little, then plays close to the skin. I give it thumbs up for being linear and consistent. Thumbs down for smelling like cleansing product and questionable longevity. I'm going to stick with my samples of Fou d`Absinthe and Italian Cypress by Tom Ford (a bit more cinnamon like).

23 March, 2010