Équipage (1970)

Year of Launch1970

HouseHermès
PerfumerGuy Robert

About Équipage

Équipage is a masculine fragrance by Hermès. The scent was launched in 1970 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Guy Robert

Équipage fragrance notes

Reviews of Équipage

Euipage - Hermes (vintage)
Best use of cinnamon in a perfume ever? A quiet, dry and almost cool one that interlinks the anisic note of clary sage, the warm spices, herbs and soft-balsamic smoky wood together. Equipage maintains an evenly and perfectly balanced reserved warm-soft yet dry-bitter tonality throughout its duration that has a kind of meditative tonality, like the monotone singing of boedhist monks. And while it radiates a natural 'in nature' warmth and softness it somehow 'feels' like the coldness of steel. I wonder how Guy Robert managed to evoke this effect but for me this is just pure magical olfactory poetry.
25th June, 2019
I have 90's bottle and i feel nutmeg ,good nutmeg with pine,vetiver ,tonka and patchouli . It' s a good parfum but not my prefer.
18th March, 2019
What a majestic cologne. Completely refined! Although this puppy came out in the 1970's, it has no loud, brash, arrogant or "MeMeMe" aspects. I found Equipage quite by accident, thus showing my true ignorance of historic colognes. I was looking into testing Van Cleef and Arpels pour Homme, and saw folks mentioning this cologne as it's considered by some to be an 80's powerhouse-type. So, I thought why not, I'll test this too.

I disliked VC&A; I loved this! Equipage is a subtle mans cologne filled with distinction, white collars, restraint and the highest of class. I found this scent to have a perfected balance of rose, vetiver, barbershop powders and musk. Nothing overtly manly either, in that this is not what you'd wear if you're trying to pick up a random stranger at a club. Quite the opposite: this is meant for a loved one, a special date or most definitely the office/formal event. Sillage is moderate, projection closer to the chest.

What I really like about Equipage is that it's so nice to smell. That sounds weird, but I literally get a kick out of smelling my wrist and arm when I wear it. Quality ingredients are apparent, and the pricepoint is manageable without being pretentious. One cologne I have to relate this to is Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver, especially in the basenotes and after 2 hours of wear.

Would I recommend this - absolutely! This is a masterpiece of a cologne.
15th February, 2018
Stardate 20170124:

I have tried vintage and as recent as late 2016 version. I like them all and find them fairly similar.
I find it similar to aromatic fougeres though a lot more delicate. The anisic note,spices and soapiness reminds me of Azzaro PH.
I would buy it and no need to pay premium for vintage
24th January, 2017 (last edited: 14th February, 2017)
Being number 3 in a series of 16 reviews on critically acclaimed and noteworthy scents.

I find this to be comparable to the Spanish leather conceits of GF Trumper and Truefitt & Hill, especially the former, but a step or two up in quality. Given that I really like the Spanish leathers, Equipage is an instant hit for me. It provides the same warm, hazy, sensual waves of scent, highlighting patchouli, leather, and spices. I get very good longevity, and now, at the end of the day, the florals come through a bit more. A superbly accessible take on leather - or at least the materials used on leather - and an instant addition to the wish list. This one well and truly lives up to its reputation. Little more to say.

It is worth noting that my sample was designated as a vintage decant. This means I will have to try the more recent formulation - the hardship.
31st August, 2016
I own a splash bottle of the first edition EDT (as per ads from the 1970s, and prior to batch numbers) as well as a sample which I am guessing is from the early 1990s reformulation. Thanks to a meetup group, I got a chance to smell the second formulation (with Eau de Toilette appearing above Equipage, and the spray that keeps spraying for a few seconds after you press it).

Equipage is my go-to scent for professional days, meeting clients or any kind of formal occasion, because it's very hard not to like it.

The notes are described in the pyramid, but I could rarely identify them on their own as they were so well blended. It's a very soapy feel in dry winter weather (a refined version of Imperial Leather soap perhaps) which blooms into a more peppery, more approachable floral leather in tropical Singapore. There's a hint of tobacco. It has a clear personality.

The most modern sample is louder, with the soapy feel reduced and a bit more pepper and more persistent floral side; side-by-side it makes the first vintage smell a little more watery, but just a tad. The second vintage is closer to the first, identical as far as my memory remembers. I happily wear them all.
03rd August, 2016

Add your review of Équipage

Shop for Équipage products online

Shop for Équipage at online perfumeries

Equipage After Shave Splash après rasage 6.5Oz 200ml By Hermes.Vintage. NIB RARE

End Date: Saturday Feb-22-2020 18:18:21 PST
Buy It Now for only: $375.99

Hermes Equipage Geranium Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml/3.3oz Womens Perfume

End Date: Sunday Feb-23-2020 4:11:43 PST
Buy It Now for only: $134.91
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Hermes Equipage Apres rasage 30 ml & Hermes Soap Equipage 130 g GIFT SET VINTAGE

End Date: Sunday Feb-23-2020 6:07:01 PST

EQUIPAGE by Hermes 100 ml/ 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray NIB NEW PACKAGING

End Date: Sunday Feb-23-2020 11:27:41 PST
Buy It Now for only: $115.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Vintage Hermes ‘Equipage’ Eau De Toilette. Mini.

End Date: Sunday Feb-23-2020 12:28:39 PST
Buy It Now for only: $29.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

EQUIPAGE HERMES PARIS EAU DE TOILETTE .3FL.OZ.(10ML)

End Date: Sunday Feb-23-2020 14:28:53 PST