Erolfa (1992)

Year of Launch1992

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Erolfa

Not only is Erolfa a blend of nauticalinspired notes, the unique name is a mix of each family member’s name: Erwin, Olivier’s only son and perfumer protégé (ER); Olivia, Olivier’s daughter (OL); and Fabienne, Erwin and Olivia’s mother (FA).

Erolfa fragrance notes

Reviews of Erolfa

Although aquatics have become somewhat dated, the quality of Erolfa's ingredients and the degree to which they're balanced result in a sort of timeless naturalness which makes wearing it today as easy and enjoyable as ever. And despite the plethora of aquatic releases on the market, there really aren't many (or any) that smell like it. Erolfa's success and distinction, lies to some extent in its simplicity. It is simply a salty, watery scent with light citrus accents and nothing much else. All of those ubiquitous, chemically-tinged "blue" notes--an unavoidable standard in your average aquatic--are absent. In turn, Erolfa feels spritelier, less bogged down with synthetics, and possessing more of a sparkle akin to sunlight in the mist. There are also no attempts to add vague fruit and floral notes either. Although these are often a given when designing aquatics, Erolfa rightfully abandons them. Here, it's just the ocean breeze, some salt, and your skin. Finally, Erolfa also avoids becoming too marine (an occasional error in niche-market aquatics), choosing to leave all the seaweed, plankton, and decaying fish out of it. However, it maintains its realism, smelling more like a fresh, misty breeze near the ocean than the air hovering directly over it, close to the shore, or the ocean air during low-tide. In a lot of ways Erolfa smells like Millesime Imperial minus its melon and sometimes metallic edge, with added salt and a dry, crisp clarity. While I'm sure Erolfa relies on the aromachemical "calone" to achieve some of its aqueous texture, it's handled deftly here, and doesn't become close to overbearing or abrasive. Calone is one of those notes that can cause headaches when overdone, and that's certainly not the case in Erolfa. Overall, I think it's a great scent, especially if you're somewhat a fan of aquatic fragrances. I am, and I find Erolfa is unique in that it provides a crisp, unadorned simplicity that isn't as apparent in my other favorite aquatics like Sel Marine, Aqua di Gio, and Bvlgari Aqva. Those scents I appreciate for different reasons. Longevity and projection are fine--just about where I like them--and Erolfa's sillage hangs very nicely in the air, settling slowly but maintaining a light, well-dispersed feel. Somewhat overlooked and no longer in-step with what's trending, Erolfa is actually a very solid release within the Creed pantheon. Recommended for sampling or as a blind buy for true, die-hard fans of aquatics. Final rating 8.5/10. Add half a point on especially hot, summer days.
12th May, 2018
It starts off with a lot of lime and melon, and reminds me of aquatic fragrances from the 90's. There is a sort of slight metallic accord in this that reminds me of Creed Silver Mountain Water. But it's far lighter than SMV, and more airy. This is a unisex fragrance but leans a bit feminine to my nose. On the drydown I get mostly the same ozonic character of the opening with melon, some white flowers, and lime with a bit of salt. Sillage is moderate (on the weaker side) and longevity is moderate leaning strong. Overall, this is ok but I'm not really blown away by the aroma. I'm sure it was groundbreaking in the day but it is too reminiscent of basic 90's aquatics in my opinion. Although I'm a fan of the aquatic genre, they have to stand out from all the generic ones for me to be interested. In any case, this basically defines "inoffensive" and is pleasant; just not something that stands out from the crowd.

3.5/5
03rd May, 2018
This is a peppery yet effeminate aquatic. A confused transgender as such it could still justify itself on quality alone depending on taste but it's not even a particularly nice smell.
For me who is looking for masculine or worst a great unisex that has good skin chemistry with me this is a complete waste of time and money.
Far superior to this in every way is Heeley's Sel Marine which is nice enough although its Yuzu is even better. The ultimate is Profumum Aqua Di Sale if you want this sort of thing.

Fragrance: 2/5
Projection: 3/5
Longevity: 3/5 -wish it were less.

12th December, 2017
This is a really beautiful fragrance.

For me, it's all about that cumin note. It gets in there with the opening citrus and creates something so intriguing for me. I know this smell from somewhere but I can't conjure the memory.

I suspect some longevity issues some here have experienced may be related to climate perhaps. I get great performance near the coast here in Spain, but back in Madrid with the altitude, heat, and dryness it disappears all too quickly.

A great summer fragrance.
22nd August, 2017
I own BdP, GIT, OV, RO and now Erolfa and I can honestly say that Erolfa is the best 15 minute fragrance I've ever owned.

The scent itself is lovely.
The longevity is inexcusable.

Edit: I take it back. A testament to the fickleness of the ofactory sense. Applied liberally this morning, I just got a solid 8 hours and it’s still going. Weird, cuz this one really pissed me off. But the musk is what’s letting it power on.
31st July, 2017 (last edited: 01st March, 2018)
Creed Erolfa is a dark horse of the Creed family. Often overlooked however has a large following that swears by this fragrance.

Nose behind this is Olivier Creed. I personally feel that Olivier put Creed on the map. This man released some of the best from the house.

The idea behind Erolfa was to bottle Olivier’s memories of the family yacht and sailing the Mediterranean (Hence the reasoning for the family names forming Erolfa).

Upon smelling Erolfa, Olivier did just that it transports me to the deck of a large Yacht in the middle of the sea. The citruses are short lived however are fantastic (Selection Verte shows you the real Citrus quality Creed can show the world). They are sparkling, refreshing and give the user an ode to freshness right away. Something I discovered late on my testing was that the opening also steals a page from MI or is it the other way around (MI released in 95). That melon is so fresh, it not overly sweet and it works so well with the ambergris.

Erolfa shortly thereafter shows you what you came to smell, which is the ozonic salty quality which in my opinion comes a close second to the one I smelled in Sel Marin (Heeley). It’s very authentic and if I close my eyes just enough I can picture myself on that Creed Yacht.

The ambergris in Erolfa is simply outstanding, it has a huge presence in this scent and it worked so well with the other notes. I felt Erolfa truly shows the ambergris to the wearer. Erolfa is a simple straightforward scent, which it shows complexity once it begins being a signature scent or like I have, wore it more then several times.

The musk, sandalwood and ambergris anchors Erolfa (pun intended), which can give off a slightly sweet, clean, and a tad of a soapy/creamy quality. There’s also a solid coniferous aspect (pine) and some truly understated spices.

Erolfa can easily be a signature scent for anyone, easy to throw on, can be great for someone just starting their new job with buying new suits you should get yourself a equally great scent and this could be yours.

Projection: 6
Longevity: 6 (4-6 hours)
Compliment Factor: 6 (little above average)
Uniqueness: 8
Pricing VS what you get: 3 (retail)
Versatility: 8 (high)
Smell: 9 (with more wearings you love it more)
Overall: 9

• USD $10.95

• USD $15.95

• USD $24.95
  • Shipping from: United States

CREED EROLFA EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY - 4 oz. (T)

• USD $189.99

Creed Erolfa EDP 2 ml 0.06 oz Vial sample Spray Mini Travel size

• USD $9.50
  • Time Left: 20 days
  • Shipping from: United States

EROLFA By Creed 2.5 Fl oz/75 ml Eau De Parfum Millesime For Men Read Descr.

• USD $130.99
  • Time Left: 3 days

Erolfa by Creed 4 oz millesime spray for men cologne New in box T6

• USD $169.95
  • Listing Type: Buy it Now
  • Time Left: 19 days

Member images of Erolfa

There are no member images of Erolfa yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Erolfa