Escada Homme (1993)

About Escada Homme

Escada Homme is a masculine fragrance by Escada. The scent was launched in 1993

Escada Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Escada Homme

This reminds me of Guerlain Heritage, and does a fantastic job fulfilling a similar role.
04th February, 2017
Yikes! This one is a very bold, masculine scent that shouts "notice me!" In the same class of scents as Habit Rouge and L'Instant by Guerlain, Escada Homme is a loud, powdery beast that happens to be classy, too. The interplay between the tart notes - bergamot, lemon, lime, and mandarin - with the spicy (juniper berries) is prominent, yet this is not your typical citrus scent. An acquired taste fragrance, for certain.
05th December, 2016
"I like my fragrances to be both masculine and luxurious. Escada Homme and Bel Ami fit that description perfectly, imo.I like my fragrances to be both masculine and luxurious. Escada Homme and Bel Ami fit that description perfectly, imo.I like my fragrances to be both masculine and luxurious. Escada Homme and Bel Ami fit that description perfectly, imo."I like my fragrances to be both masculine and luxurious. Escada Homme and Bel Ami fit that description perfectly, imo."

Couldn't get this 2004 review out of my mind!

Drydown is LDDM.
12th June, 2016 (last edited: 22nd June, 2016)
Genre: Woody Oriental

Escada pour Homme’s launch is fueled by and exceptionally pleasant and well balanced accord of sweet mandarin, lavender and bergamot. These top notes give way quite slowly to a heart of orange blossom and candied spices over a vanilla, patchouli, and sandalwood foundation. While quite sweet, Escada pour Homme does not impress me as a gourmand scent. It’s basenotes are too resinous, its vanilla too subtle and dry, and its floral notes too conspicuous for that. Instead Escada pour Homme presents as a rich, but not heavy, well balanced oriental that would work well for office or professional wear.

While lighter, less spicy, and hence perhaps a bit more bland than those men’s oriental classics Habit Rouge, Héritage, and Jaïpur Homme, Escada pour Homme does offer more character than say, Armani Code, and better balance than the over-sweetened Pi or Le Male. It’s middle-of-the-road, but sometimes the middle of the road is exactly where you want to be.
13th June, 2014
A very full and classy fragrance. Can a fragrance make you smell smart? In that regard, the ‘projection’ of Escada Homme reminds me of Tiffany for Men or Lauder for Men due to the heavy hitting yet silky / boozy / complex cognac note.

If you like fragrances that project suaveness and professional sophistication then this is a safe blind buy. There's a reason why this one got so many positive reviews.

Sad note: Not long ago I saw Escada Homme in all the discount stores for very little money, and now I regret that I didn't pick up a few more bottles. I suspect that one day it will be considered a classic, and nostalgic old guys will pay big money for it on ebay :)

February 2016 update: Wow, the auction prices really HAVE soared. Awesome fragrance!
10th November, 2013 (last edited: 08th February, 2016)
rbaker Show all reviews
Elegant

A vintage sample:

The top note of lime, lavender, bergamot and cognac is quite unique and well blended. In the drydown I get a lot of cardamom, with a bit of juniper and sandalwood added. Later a touch of moss and a light vanilla/musk note is added. It is, however, never really sweet. Throughout a light and very elegant fragrance, whose main drawback on my skin is poor projection and silage. On the other hand he longevity is good with over six hours. A scent definitely worth trying.

28th July, 2013