Eternity for Men (1989)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchUnilever

About Eternity for Men

Still popular today, this fresh fougere fragrance inspired many wannabe's.

Eternity for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Eternity for Men

This is a hit with the ladies in Kochi, India.

Up there with Boss Bottled as a head turner.
15th November, 2019
I really like this opening, itís gorgeous. It reminds me of my youth, as I was born around the year this fragrance was created. Itís a scent that I always had faint memories of, but not quite sure exactly what cologne I was remembering, and then I smelled it at a store and BINGO! Definitely is a great, clean, safe, everyday fragrance. The first impression is VERY crisp and clean, a bit floral but not feminine in any way, and airy. You get a perfect mixture of fresh greens, florals (the lavender is really nice), citrus, and a slightly woody base (but pretty much ZERO depth).

My biggest complaint is the synthetic dry-down that brings out some bitter and sour/chemically notes... and sometimes straight up makes me want to rub it off. Itís like the overall scent of laundered clothes but it can kind of give me a headache as if Iím sniffing chemicals, hard to describe but itís not always pleasant.

However it is a classic and, along with Tommy, the ultimate scent of the 90s in my opinion. Just be aware itís insanely common and to some itís very dated. Itís a staple and every man should have a bottle at least once in their life (probably as a teen, high school years), I mean itís not offensive or bad, itís continually a best seller for a reason, itís just a bit cliche and can be synthetic.

I used to love and swear by CK, they were cheap and smelled good, and I really had no idea about any frags with true depth and class, so the more I get to know fragrances, I truly realize why some people label Eternity (and pretty much every single CK frag) as generic, but I donít like to be a snob, so really who cares, if the scent is good for and you enjoy it, go ahead and wear it, I will always keep these around because sometimes, the situation calls for it! :) It will most likely always be a popular, good smelling scent which may have suffered a bit from reformulation (reduced longevity, more synthetic possibly), but it's just too hard not to like it overall, mostly due to nostalgia honestly.

I will say this with the best intentions, Iíd definitely encourage exploring more fragrances if you are a fan of Eternity, itís a great place to start! But it would truly be a shame if you stopped there. I truly used to think this was the best scent in the world... until I started really learning and exploring all the others. Dive in!!
Opening: 8.25/10
Dry down: 4/10
Longevity: 5/10
10th September, 2019
I grew up with my dad wearing Eternity throughout my entire childhood. My mom was highly irritated by most frags however eternity she loved. To this day I always have a bottle on hand. Nobody will ever say eww you smell awful nor will the women be crawling all over you. Eternity is very pleasent and fresh and great for the office or occasions such. I no longer wear it as much however when i do i still get the "oh you smell nice" from someone.
04th July, 2019
It's going to be hard for me to try and review this objectively, as I wore this stuff as a young teenager and smelling it gives me automatic flashbacks to that time, and as is usual during times of reminiscence, the memories are good.

I first bought this on a cruise ship that was headed to Bermuda when I was thirteen. We were at sea, and looking for things to do, I must have wandered into the clothing shop, and I ended up buying a bottle. This was the first "fragrance" that I really liked and owned. As I got older, I wrote it off as popular dreck -- as people in their twenties and thirties are wont to do when they feel that they have come to know everything -- as I believed that I was above all of that stuff that the uneducated commoners would wear (I was basically believing in the type of pseudo-elitism that Creed and some other niche houses have made a mint on propagating). Now that I'm more mature and have my head screwed on a bit tighter than before, I can appreciate this for what it is and what impact it had.

This is a calone bomb with other supporting actors. A sandalwood base holds it down while lavender and calone take the main stage, with everything else seeming to be set dressing. This fragrance is so indicative of the time period, and so long as you can keep that in mind and appreciate what Eternity for Men is, and just as importantly, when it came out, it all makes sense and it succeeds at what it does. In the '80s you could find guys wearing Bijan for Men (1981), but now that smells like an out of place relic. One that, if still worn today, is the property of a collector who appreciates the past, or somebody woefully trapped in it. Eternity is still very accessible, and though it definitely harkens to a different era, it's still enjoyable to wear and it's still something that can be pulled off today without seeming like you've made a quantum leap into the wrong year.

On it's own, it's okay, but in the fragrance world there are some "reference pieces" that everyone should experience, and this is certainly one of them. Yes, I'm biased to it, but that's the beauty of art; it can transport you to another time and place.

19th June, 2019
I was never really a big fan of Eternity. It was just very fresh and quite nice. There was nothing to really dislike. I just found it kinda boring.
03rd December, 2018
rbaker Show all reviews
The overarching of Eternity is green and botanical for all eternity, or at least until the end. Additional freshness is provided initially by an infusion of an orangey citrus that is quite pleasant.

Soon a nice lavender arises, and together with a good touch of basil continues the green theme, occasionally with a slightly grassy touch.

The base has a nonspecific woodsy undertone, what seems to have become more generic over the years, and is suspicious of some reformulation over time. There is a slash of a slightly anaemic vetiver evident to brighten up the final stages.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and five hours of longevity on my skin.

Overall an agreeable spring scent, which originally was composed of decent-quality ingredients. Having been a staple of mine for years, I could not fail to note a movement towards becoming blander over time, with the top notes deteriorating the least. 3.5/5 for the original impression, now 3.25/5.
03rd September, 2018

Add your review of Eternity for Men

Shop for Eternity for Men products online

Shop for Eternity for Men at online perfumeries

Calvin Klein ETERNITY for Men 3.4 Fl Oz 100 ml Eau de Toilette SPRAY NIB SEALED

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 4:14:58 PST
Buy It Now for only: $36.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Calvin Klein Men's 4 pc Classic Perfume Gift set Eternity Euphoria Obsession MEN

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 5:34:42 PST

CALVIN KLEIN ETERNITY FOR MEN SEIFE SOAP SAVON 150g

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 6:17:18 PST
Buy It Now for only: $48.57
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Calvin Klein Empty Men's Cologne Set Box- From Walgreens & 4 a Fan of It- Lovely

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 6:39:24 PST

Buy It Now for only: $19.95

Buy It Now for only: $31.95

Buy It Now for only: $8.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Eternity Now Calvin Klein Cologne Men Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz Fragrance New

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 7:27:35 PST
Buy It Now for only: $37.86

Member images of Eternity for Men

There are no member images of Eternity for Men yet. Why not be the first?