Eternity for Men (1989)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchUnilever

About Eternity for Men

Still popular today, this fresh fougere fragrance inspired many wannabe's.

Eternity for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Eternity for Men

Eternity used to be one of my main fragrances in the early 90's. As I began to learn about fragrance diversity and expand my collection, I wore Eternity less and less and finally threw out the remaining bottle, which was almost gone anyway after 15 years. As other reviews have stated, Eternity is just too bland and boring in today's marketplace and there are so much better safe office scents available that are more intelligent and interesting.
25th March, 2015
A few years ago, in the nascent stages of my interest in fragrances, I purchased a Calvin Klein sampler that included 0.5 oz bottles of Obsession, Euphoria, Eternity Aqua, and Eternity. While I instantly fell in love with Obsession and labeled Euphoria and Eternity Aqua boring but wearable, I disliked Eternity from the beginning. I knew nothing about synthetic ingredients or olfactory pyramids then. All I knew was that I didn't like how it smelled in the bottle and that it was the near opposite of what I wanted to smell like. It was bland and I remember thinking that it smelled like someone who didn't know what they wanted. Watery and slightly feminine--but not in a lovely, desirable way--but decidedly made for men. I tried wearing it twice but scrubbed it off after a few minutes.

Now, I know that it's a light fougere. That it inspired a generation of generic fragrances based on the "lavender top notes, citrus/green/floral top-to-mid notes, sandalwood/vetiver/amber base notes" formula. That it is still widely used and that it really is just as boring as I originally thought. That I got ripped off and should have just bought a bottle of Obsession instead of the sampler with three other bottles of juice that I have not worn in years.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't stink. It smells clean in a vague synthetic way. I'm sure that it is an acceptable smell for many older men or even younger conservative ones. It's just not for me nor is it a good fit for those who are looking for something unique. Something that makes a statement.

Rather than being called Eternity, it should have been called Conformity.
24th December, 2014
Genre: Fougère

Eternity is as close to “generic” a men’s fragrance I’ve smelled in a while. The composition is so bland, so faceless, that I’m not sure I can describe it in terms of notes and ingredients. Etermity’s top notes are a vague, undifferentiated citrus (dihydromyrcenal?) and Calone, as blatantly chemical as any store brand shower gel, and its core smells like the lowest common denominator of every stereotypical “fresh” fruity-aquatic fougère since Cool Water. Ideally, any scent so little distinguished from its peers in terms of composition should exhibit outstanding quality to justify purchase. Eternity for Men does nothing of the sort. It’s not only trite, but shoddy to boot. Not worth another line of text.
13th June, 2014
This was my signature scent in the mid-'90s. And smelling it now brings back that era--light and woody with hints of citrus and a great vetiver. I could wear it easily and it seemed to work for just about any occasion. I still think it's a good fragrance. I finally just tired of how synthetic it was (which maybe was also why I liked it in the first place). I think perhaps I got a bit older and my taste changed to heavier fougères. But still many good memories of this one.
11th May, 2014
Well I fell in love with Eternity in 1992. It has a special place among other fragrances I use. My now wife liked the scent before we even met. Somehow it does work on me, although lately they have been experimenting and it looks like thy have toned down the cologne. I still like the lavender in it. Good for daily wear.
09th March, 2014
Very blah! Not a fan at all...
16th February, 2014

Add your review of Eternity for Men

Shop for Eternity for Men products online

Shop for Eternity for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eternity for Men

Member images of Eternity for Men

There are no member images of Eternity for Men yet. Why not be the first?