Etienne Aigner No. 2 (1976)
by Etienne Aigner

Etienne Aigner No. 2 information

Year of Launch1976

HouseEtienne Aigner
Parent CompanyShaneel Enterprises Ltd > Designer Parfums
Parent Company at launchEtienne Aigner

About Etienne Aigner No. 2

Etienne Aigner No. 2 is a masculine fragrance by Etienne Aigner. The scent was launched in 1976

Etienne Aigner No. 2 fragrance notes

Reviews of Etienne Aigner No. 2

Top : Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lavender, Lemon, Petitgrain
Heart : Anise, Cedar, Fern, Geranium, Heliotrope, Orris, Rose, Sandal, Vetiver
Base : Labdanum, Moss, Musk, Tonka, Vanilla

This 1976 release by Aigner is a woody fougypre with a bracing opening accord along the lines of Leonard Pour Homme. This isn't to say that No.2 is very similar. It's a kinsman because of the Bergamot, Petitgrain and lavender in the topnotes with cedar leaching upwards from the heart.

Both scents eventually go their separate ways, but both emit a similar vibe with an emphasis on molto masculinity. I can safely say that no woman I know would successfully pull off wearing Aigner No. 2 as a standalone fragrance. This scent is rough, hairy and while it does tone down some by the base accord, it never ventures into the "shared" zone. This is for construction workers and plumbers who want to smell masculine on the job.

That may sound harsh, but it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Aigner is my favorite designer house for classic scents and I simply call them as I see them. Do I like Aigner No. 2? No, not really........but I don't hate it either. Let's just say I'm ambivalent. I do enjoy the fragrance after 20 minutes and the drydown has arrived. The hair has been trimmed off it by then and No. 2 becomes an amberized woody with quite a bit of company.

No. 2 has some heavy hitters ala 1970's style construction and for me, it has a difficult time transcending this era. I love masculines from this time period that aren't so "locked-in" and have a bit more versatility. Now, with that said, No. 2 is still very good in that it's well made with great ingredients that have withstood the passage of time. I refer to the integrity of the scent I am sampling.

This is the first neutral rating I have given a classic Aigner because there are numerous others that mimic this same aura and implement the same accord structure with guessed it......the same results. While not bad by any means, I have to pass on adding No. 2 to the collection. I actually wear what's in my drobe and this wouldn't see any playing time.
04th March, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
Citrus, bergamot, clary sage and then lavender - can an opening more traditional? On me the drydown mainly brings out geranium, fern and cedar, pleasantly balanced with still freshness present due to added vetiver. In the base his becomes seriously richer based on tonka, labdanum, a light oakmoss and a hint of musk. Well crafted and versatile, this is less brilliant than its original predecessor, but for a while I always enjoyed its easygoing versatility. Good silage and projection with a longevity of four hours.
03rd May, 2014
I owned this fragrance but I heard it was a reformulation, I didn't like it as it had a generic lemon soapy vibe I really couldn't handle (normally I don't mind for soapyness). It is strong and kind of fresh but not my cup of tea. I sold it and never smelled the vintage but this new version gets a thumbs down. Rated: 5/10.
04th November, 2012
Soapy. And not modern day shower gel kinda soapy...instead it is more like a bar soap from the 70s. Clean as well, bright, a bit lemony and quite strong. The clary sage is very prominent, so much so that it makes this a good frag to have to help with notes association. My bootle smells like it could pass for a Guerlain, as it possess what it has become known as 'Guerlinade'. I blame it on the bergamot/lemon opening and the moss/cedar in the mid and base.
I give it a thumbs up for being quite bold and different, especially with so many copies out there, originality and uniqueness are important.
13th January, 2010
A must for fans of clean and soapy scents. I'm giving it a neutral, though objectively it rates higher because I've just tried Puro Lino and, once again, Gendarme. The latter is a vanishing act and--for me--a snoozefest. The former, like EA2 is on the floral side of clean. In fact, PL is so clean it might make you want to imitate Mahatma Gandhi and start weaving your own homespun white linen robes.

So I think a neutral is a reasonable compromise here. Check it out.
12th March, 2009
A very smooth, powdery spicy scent. The citrus in the top fades nicely into this soft base that smells almost identical to Sisley's Ecological Compound (a face moisturizer). A classical scent.
09th February, 2009

Add your review of Etienne Aigner No. 2

Shop for Etienne Aigner No. 2 products online

Shop for Etienne Aigner No. 2 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Etienne Aigner No. 2

Member images of Etienne Aigner No. 2

There are no member images of Etienne Aigner No. 2 yet. Why not be the first?