Extract of West Indian Limes (1880)
by Geo F Trumper

Extract of West Indian Limes information

Year of Launch1880

HouseGeo F Trumper

About Extract of West Indian Limes

Extract of West Indian Limes is a masculine fragrance by Geo F Trumper. The scent was launched in 1880

Reviews of Extract of West Indian Limes

Oviatt Show all reviews
I have worn this over the years and absolutely love the fresh burst of lime but it is over so quickly that it is a difficult one to wear. I have often wondered if using the whole range--cologne, aftershave, shaving soap, etc. might not help. This has been a staple for Sloane Rangers of all nationalities and is the perfect scent for a gentleman who is not really comfortable wearing a scent at all. As it is, this is a fleeting delight to wear and it set the bar high for all of the other famous lime scents that followed--Royall, St. Johns, etc. Due to the lack of staying power, a neutral rating, but this is wonderful in many ways--while it lasts!
04th February, 2015
If you could put a nozzle onto a fresh lime you'd get this ...A very impressive lime scent from trumpers that is probably the most genuine and honest lime fragrance out there. However don't get too excited as the smell has disappeared by the time you have gone from bathroom to bedroom to kiss the Mrs goodbye. Maybe this could be used to spray around the rim of a mojito glass for that finishing touch. Would make a great pick me up on a coach trip or flight.
06th November, 2014 (last edited: 14th November, 2014)
BradneyJ Show all reviews
Very sharp, very fresh, doesn't last

The moment I apply this, I get a little flashback to every time I've sliced up lemon and lime for a G&T on a Summer's day. I don't personally pick up anything else from Extract of Limes besides the citrus. On me it goes a little sweet before it disappears entirely (a lot of things seem to turn sweet on me though). I like it, but with such poor longevity (not that I expected it to last more than 40 minutes), this is not something I'd wear for anyone's benefit but my own.

Pros: Insanely fresh and citrus
Cons: Citrus notes rarely last long- this one is no exception

29th May, 2013
A straightforward lime Cologne with a wonderful intensity. Nothing more is claimed, and nothing more is delivered. Poor longevity, but not worse than other like scents, and with 1/2 hour longer than Hermes EdOV.
03rd June, 2012
drseid Show all reviews
Superb pure lime fragrance that is extremely refreshing. There really is not much to it; just an absolutely fabulous smelling pure lime scent that hits you immediately when applied and then the scent is gone. I normally would give a thumbs down or sideways due to the extremely low longevity (30 minutes max on my skin no matter how much I apply), but the scent is so good, I have to give it a thumbs up. This is great as a scent to wake you up after a nice old fashioned shave (preferably with Trumpers' own excellent Limes shave cream). The scent gets 4.5 out of 5 stars, but longevity should be noted as 1 out of 5.
12th August, 2011 (last edited: 02nd June, 2012)
A magnificent burst of lime for sure. But enjoy the opening cause there is no close. Or a middle.
Maybe an hour of lime paradise. Then...

I'll go neutral out of respect for great opening.
04th July, 2011

Add your review of Extract of West Indian Limes

Shop for Extract of West Indian Limes products online

Search Amazon for Extract of West Indian Limes

Member images of Extract of West Indian Limes

There are no member images of Extract of West Indian Limes yet. Why not be the first?

Fragrances launched in the same year as Extract of West Indian Limes (1880)

Features relating to Extract of West Indian Limes