Extract of West Indian Limes (1880)
    by Geo F Trumper

Reviews of Extract of West Indian Limes

Showing 1 to 6 of 21 reviews.

BradneyJ's avatar
    BradneyJ

Very sharp, very fresh, doesn't last

The moment I apply this, I get a little flashback to every time I've sliced up lemon and lime for a G&T on a Summer's day. I don't personally pick up anything else from Extract of Limes besides the citrus. On me it goes a little sweet before it disappears entirely (a lot of things seem to turn sweet on me though). I like it, but with such poor longevity (not that I expected it to last more than 40 minutes), this is not something I'd wear for anyone's benefit but my own.

Pros: Insanely fresh and citrus
    Cons: Citrus notes rarely last long- this one is no exception

29 May, 2013

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

A straightforward lime Cologne with a wonderful intensity. Nothing more is claimed, and nothing more is delivered. Poor longevity, but not worse than other like scents, and with 1/2 hour longer than Hermes EdOV.

03 June, 2012

drseid's avatar
    drseid

Superb pure lime fragrance that is extremely refreshing. There really is not much to it; just an absolutely fabulous smelling pure lime scent that hits you immediately when applied and then the scent is gone. I normally would give a thumbs down or sideways due to the extremely low longevity (30 minutes max on my skin no matter how much I apply), but the scent is so good, I have to give it a thumbs up. This is great as a scent to wake you up after a nice old fashioned shave (preferably with Trumpers' own excellent Limes shave cream). The scent gets 4.5 out of 5 stars, but longevity should be noted as 1 out of 5.

12 August, 2011 (Last Edited: 02 June, 2012)

StylinLA's avatar
    StylinLA

A magnificent burst of lime for sure. But enjoy the opening cause there is no close. Or a middle.
    Maybe an hour of lime paradise. Then...

I'll go neutral out of respect for great opening.

04 July, 2011

Swanky's avatar
    Swanky

I bought a bottle of this at the legendary Merz Apothecary in Chicago a few years ago. I had been searching for a quality lime-based cologne and from the bottle on a smelling strip Trumper's was natural and sharp, just what I was looking for. A small bottle was $60 but the quality seemed worth it.

Actually wearing it is another story. I can't add anything new to the commentary here: longevity is dismal. In fact, one cannot even talk about longevity with this item. Using a hand soap will give you the same duration. Call me a Philistine and a rube, but I don't view fragrance as abstract, just as I don't view watches as abstract. I want a wardrobe not a museum. My bottom line intent is always to wear them. A watch that stops after 30 minutes is not practical. Nor is a fragrance that is undetectable within a half hour. As a $10 dollar aftershave, sure, this wouldn't be bad. As a $60 dollar investment, it is simply not worth it. I should carry this bottle with me and reapply it sixteen times during the day? If it were more complex, more innovative, more...anything... The smell of natural lime, while pleasant, doesn't justify this fragrance in my opinion and I, in the end, passed my bottle along for someone who doesn't actually need to smell a fragrance to enjoy it.

10th June, 2011

Harvitz81's avatar
    Harvitz81

Intense opening blast of what else.....Limes! Like sticking your head into a bowl of freshly cut limes. Sharp, Intense, Fresh, Clean and tart. Lasts for about 15-30 minutes and then poof....everything is gone. To be expected of a single note citrus fragrance with no middle or base notes to support. While I love the initial burst of lime goodness that this one has, the longevity would be too much of an issue for me to purchase a bottle, let alone decant. Does make me want to try the corresponding aftershave to have something that wouldn't clash with my scent for that day.

28 March, 2011 (Last Edited: 29 March, 2011)

Add your review of Extract of West Indian Limes