Extreme Polo Sport (1998)
by Ralph Lauren

Extreme Polo Sport information

Year of Launch1998

HouseRalph Lauren
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Extreme Polo Sport

Designed for those who enjoy Bunjee Jumping, Snowboarding and other "Extreme" sports. A strong note of Black Pepper Oil, as well as Juniper, Cypress and Incense. Packaged in a Hi-tech silver glass bottle with a silver knurled cap.

Extreme Polo Sport fragrance notes

Reviews of Extreme Polo Sport

rbaker Show all reviews
When I experience the opening blast on my skin, there is a predominance of mint, coriander and juniper. The latter is not of very high quality - this is no Baie de Genievre - but the combination is not without originality, especially when bergamot is added a bit later on. The drydown mixed mid-strong peppery notes with green herbal impressions, whilst towards the base phase woody notes are added, especially a touch of cedarwood. In the last hour a fairly unobtrusive gentle incense raises its head, but this is never in the foreground on me.
Whilst his not a spectacular composition, it is overall less generic and predictable than many other scents of the same house, although they clearly made better Polos. I get moderate sillage, adequate albeit not very prominent projection, with nearly seven hours of longevity; the performance is not bad then. This scent is good for spring, and hovering between neutral and positive in its score; eventually I give is a positive score - just. 3/5.
30th October, 2014
This is a gem, though not many would agree. The name is entirely deceiving, as it comes across as something you could expect from Crabtree and Evelyn or Roger and Gallet.

Think masculine dusty berry with some green herbal notes. Then there is the pepper, which wraps it all together. I like it a lot and it never fails to get a compliment.

Smells nothing like Bvlgari Pour Homme by the way.
24th December, 2013
bought this but wanted polo sport instead. i thought they were the same fragrance. the black pepper is pretty strong in this one. great spice scent.
20th August, 2010 (last edited: 02nd February, 2011)
I very recently stumbled across a large bottle of this in a shop in the Middle East and bought it mainly because I liked the look of its funky silver bottle. I don’t get the link between the fragrance itself and extreme sports as there is nothing bright, bracing, sporty or “blue” about the smell. All I get is a strong black pepper-like fragrance whenever I apply it that is not unlike Boss XY. Perhaps the pepper is supposed to invigorate you or clear your head prior to a bungee jump and the like. The fragrance also has pathetic longevity lasting on me about one hour at most. There are many other superior sporty fragrances that are more easily available including Aqua Quorum and Givenchy Insense Ultramarine to name but two. In summary, bottle = thumbs up; scent = thumbs down. Overall a thumbs down.
30th November, 2009 (last edited: 08th December, 2012)
I LOVE this
very unique and masculine
I can easily see why people hate this
the only issue is poor longevity and sillage
If they ever had somthing similiar to this but lasted longer
08th February, 2009
I'm a rather large perfuem yunky!!! This is one of my top 3 perfumes that i own! I bought my first bottle of Polo x-treme when i was 22, unfortunantly i lost my bottle during a trip to Mexico City. Well since i didn´t know that fragrances get discontinued i let several years pass by before i decided and had the money to start buying perfumes again! So when i went to buy a new bottle they told me that this perfume had "gone to see the radishes grow from below!" in other words it was discontinued! I had to search for polo x-treme for about 2 years but finally in a new trip to Mexico City (the place where i lost my first bottled of Polo Xtreme)I found a store that had it in existence but only the small 1.7 oz. bottle so i had to sacrfice my self and i got 3 bottles of this awsome fragrance. Ilove how it smells and that it last very long on m skin! i love thge fact that it is stronge since i have a wird skin chemistry and most perfumes last only a few minutes if not mere seconds!

Just love this scent!!! Too bad i got discontinued guess i had a bad marketing plan
18th May, 2007

Add your review of Extreme Polo Sport

Shop for Extreme Polo Sport products online

Shop for Extreme Polo Sport at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Extreme Polo Sport

Member images of Extreme Polo Sport

There are no member images of Extreme Polo Sport yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Extreme Polo Sport