Fahrenheit (1988)

PerfumerJean-Louis Sieuzac
PerfumerMaurice Roger
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit is a bright "green" fragrance and is popular today, twelve years after it's launch. It is a fragrance that whether you love it or hate it, it is instantly recognisable.

Fahrenheit fragrance notes

Reviews of Fahrenheit

All Fahrenheit smells like is Kiwi shoe polish,real lime juice,and shredded violets minus the urine note.On my skin? gone in a few hours.Okay sillage...would call it strong really.Very lifeless and transparent scent by Christian Dior.Not getting what all the rave is about.
01st February, 2016
Never knew Fahrenheit was so popular and so well reviewed here. And I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to review Fahrenheit as it was one of the 1st fragrances I ever had. It was a gift from my father during the 90’s and it was an EdT splash. Thinking it was after-shave strength, I splashed myself with a few handfuls. Next thing I know, I was at the gas station and had accidentally doused myself with gas. Vaporous and stringent gas fumes filled the room. This is fragrance? The bottle went to the bottom of the drawer and was taken out occasionally to see if my previous experience had been a cruel smell illusion. Nope, still gas fumes. Admittedly, it does get slightly better on the drydown as the gas fades a bit and the undertow of the leathery notes emerges. I applaud the originality and the clever trick the violet plays with gasoline but in the end, I can’t get past the gas station connotation and ultimately cannot wear this.

21st January, 2016
One of the most vile concoctions I have ever had the displeasure to smell. . .

I remember soon after it was launched, going to the mall in Sterling/Rock Falls, IL with my (now) husband. Some idiotic sprayer doused him with it as we were leaving the anchor store. I almost immediately began gagging and got stopped up and headache-y. We had to drive 20 miles home afterwards and I could not breathe. Thought I was going to die--seriously. He had to drive with all of the windows down (IL in winter), and hang partially outside the window. It stuck with him even after a long shower and airing out.

Never in my life (before or since), have I had such a violent reaction to a scent. Not sure what the ingredient that was in it that got to me like that, but I hope to never experience it again. . .

Dreadful stuff. Certainly memorable, though. . .
13th January, 2016
Just tried this reformulation after owning the original back in the 90's. It's noticeably different from what I remember but still familiar. Didn't think I was into it for the first 20 minutes but then it all settled down and I couldn't stop smelling it. It's still so different from everything else out there...and addictive. I can see how this would be an easy compliment-getter.
23rd November, 2015
Fahrenheit…it's like a time capsule for me. It opens doors to my past every time I feel it.
But, because it has been drastically changed in the last years, these doors remain closed. The passing between leather and violet notes used to be very smooth and, in the end, everything was wrapped in warm feelings, like a nice sunset. Today, it rather reminds of a sunset after a long battle day, mixed with dust, smoke and blood, instead of a romantic day.
14th October, 2015
Corto Maltese Show all reviews
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Chronologie III

I've always had difficulties to find the words for describing the most beautiful of perfumes.

Overproduction in perfume industry resulted with hundreds of new perfume houses whose offer has already been seen. Too many leather and oud combinations made people smell like worn off russian counts and desert bedouins, and almond, coconut and vanilla are just waking nutritional scents.

Sadly, today one can rarely find a perfume which is strictly made for male or female. New directions are being formed in which undecided perfumes are preferred, so both males and females now smell the same. Just to be straight, I have nothing against this kind of perfumes, because many of them smell really nice and some of them I have in my collection, but first of all I'm an old school kind of guy and my opinion is that a perfume has to have a 'side'. However, as time goes by, and by judging by the offer, the expectations are low that a new perfume, that will impersonate either male or female, will emerge.

In rush of aggressive propaganda which puts niche production in forefront, Fahrenheit still firmly holds its place on top by its originality, beauty, quality and, the most important, masculinity. If there is a male perfume which holds the essence of a real masculine man, then this is the one. It is a cult perfume you can either love or hate, nothing in between, which gives you a feeling that the perfume chose you and not the other way around. I own the first formula, dated in 1987, and every formula that came after it. It has been a bit 'damaged' by reformulations, but still it kept its style and recognizability.

I will finish this review by quoting one man who gave the best description of this masterpiece: When man becomes of my age and looks behind him.. he sees all kinds of things. Ups, downs, joys that take over your being, sorrows that rip you apart strongly enough that you think you can't take it anymore. And now, if I were to sit down and describe that kind of human life on a piece of paper, I would put that paper in an envelope and seal it with Fahrenheit.

The smell of life has the same notes as this perfume...
13th October, 2015 (last edited: 15th October, 2015)

Add your review of Fahrenheit

Shop for Fahrenheit products online

Shop for Fahrenheit at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fahrenheit