Fath Pour l'Homme (1998)

Year of Launch1998

HouseJacques Fath
PerfumerOlivier Gillotin

About Fath Pour l'Homme

Fath Pour l'Homme is a masculine fragrance by Jacques Fath. The scent was launched in 1998 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Gillotin

Reviews of Fath Pour l'Homme

Wow Fath Pour L`Homme is a very nice amber with spices. The dry down is very sweet and I can smell some patchouli. Very masculine and elegant. This is definitely a hidden gem and under the radar.
03rd October, 2014
Tony T Show all reviews
SOLID

VERY MUSKY AND PLEASANT. DECENT CITRUS OPENING WITH A 90'S TYPE DRYDOWN. NO LEATHER AS OTHER'S HAVE MENTIONED.LIGHT PATCHOULI ACCOMPANIED BY LIGHT WOODS. very enjoyable in the warm weather. not cloying at all. stays close to the skin after a few hours. a blind buy for me that I don't regret..

Pros: GREAT MUSKY VIBE
Cons: NOT A PROJECTION BEAST"

23rd July, 2013
Complex mix according to manufacturer's note:

Top: Coriander, Sage, Juniper, Watermelon (watermelon?????), Grapefruit, Lemon
Middle: Geranium, Jasmine, Myrrh
Base: Musk, Tobacco, Vanilla, Patchouli, Sandalwood

My overall impression is that of a dark leather, very subtle, understated.

It's not great - there are better leathers out there - but I do not find it to be in any way offensive. A decent leather scent.
15th November, 2012
shamu1 Show all reviews
This smells almost exactly like Obsession For Men, only better balanced and less spicy. I don't find this "old school" smelling whatsoever, just sweet and boring. This is vanilla hell.

I don't like this fragrance one bit. Its sweetness is nauseating. If it weren't for the fact that it's very well constructed, I'd give Fath Pour L'Homme a thumbs down. Therefore, consider this a neutral with reservation from me.

MY RATING: 6/10
11th May, 2012
I had been thinking about purchasing this fragrance for a while, but never did. Thank you to a fellow Basenoter, Slayerized (you're awesome man!), I went ahead and purchased a full bottle. I am very happy I did!

Beautiful flacon...traditional, chic with a modern edge. The cap (a piece of art in and of itself) smelled wonderful - good things to come, I thought. I applied two full sprays to my inner wrist and one small one to the top of my hand. Wow!

This is some damn good juice! It is so warm - the amber, wood, musk all are seamlessly integrated with a blend of citrus & spices, a dash of lavender, mint and a touch of clove (in the heart). I took notes along the way, but found it (very interestingly a scent that is integrated upon application)! I get a lot here - and, also, like some other amber-based oriental wood scents, it doesn't seem to transition much from out of the bottle to the skin, except get warmer and more radiant! To me, that is the difference between a lot of Oriental Woody's with an amber base like this - and those that have vanilla. Vanilla, as a note (I find) sits on the bottom of the bottle wafting through the fragrance (separated like a blob of extract on the bottom), but pronounced throughout a scent.

Okay - imagine a bottle of, say, Le Male (I just wore it the other day) - a large puddle of vanilla extract is "plopped-in" and it sits there from the waist down of the upper torso and fills out the hindquarters and bulge in front! You smell it from the start and it gets stronger as all the rest of the composition dries off and melts away until you are left with a rather heavy vanillic accord that is a bit too sweet for some - cloying is often used. I happen to really like Le Male and other scents in that vanillic vein, but Jacques Fath is in a whole different vein...I am VERY happy with it. The smell is great - really nice, rich, warm but also chic and sophisticated. The spices with the lavender and mint make the heart so rich...along with the nice wood (cedar, sandalwood).

Fath Pour l'Homme is cloying at all. And, here is the key - I would be very doubtful if much vanilla is in here (although reviewers reference it), or really any at all! Amber, musk, patchouli and wood together can create a great warm accord that is found in Fath Pour l'Homme, along with the baking spices (my nose says a touch of nutmeg and a whiff of cinnamon - neither too strong). Some noses may confuse this with vanilla when the composition comes together (but this has a pure amber base at the end). But, some get it right - so I am not saying something entirely new. Timing on this is rather funny, because, I have been on a huge amber-binge in the last several months of cold weather for both me and my wife. Some are very unisex - Jacques Fath Pour l'Homme is a very masculine composition.

I am impressed as it comes together very well - overall score (with a warm thanks to Slayerized for helping me push the "BUY" button) - 8.5/10! Really good juice and definitely one I will look forward to wearing...!
21st March, 2012 (last edited: 24th February, 2014)
this is a nice,old school sort of gentlemens cologne.to me it doesn't change much, and i don't think its too offensive on the street. fresh sprayed in an office might get you punched,though. the price is right and very cool bottle and cap.worth having in your collection.
30th July, 2011

Add your review of Fath Pour l'Homme

Shop for Fath Pour l'Homme products online

Shop for Fath Pour l'Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fath Pour l'Homme

Member images of Fath Pour l'Homme

There are no member images of Fath Pour l'Homme yet. Why not be the first?