Fendi Uomo (1988)
    by Fendi

Fendi Uomo Fragrance Notes

Shop for Fendi Uomo products online

Reviews of Fendi Uomo

Showing 1 to 6 of 38 reviews.

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

A lavender with coriander and some bergamot sets the tone in the opening phase, with iris and carnation developing as middle notes. A bit of wood is also present and a mild patchouli.  On my skin it does not develop on a particularly exciting way. Limited silage and projection with about three hours of longevity.

31st October, 2013

Fantasticmrcox's avatar
    Fantasticmrcox

Ive now had 2 bottles of this and i love it. Sadly, this has now been discontinued. Only it hasnt. It was reincarnated as YSL's M7 in 2002. They smell exactly the same and i cant believe no-one else has picked up on this!? Basically, saw some pine in half and rub some cherries on the end. Smell. This is what Fendi Uomo smells like. Unique. Sort of.

Update!
    This smells the same as M7 Oud Absolou, not the original M7. My mistake. But if you like Uomo, try M7 Oud Absolou.

23 September, 2012 (Last Edited: 24 September, 2012)

Francolino's avatar
    Francolino

simply great, rich, powerful, traditional fouger 80's style!

07 August, 2012

ObsessionForMen's avatar
    ObsessionForMen

You are spending a year abroad in Roma, the eternal city. You have treated yourself to an expensive FENDI leather tote bag. It will become your souvenir when you return home and remind you of shopping daily at the open air markets.

Today you are shopping for ingredients for a lovely fish dinner you are preparing for a special friend you met living in your building. You head out with the FENDI tote to a favorite market near the Spanish Steps. You toss in a couple of plump lemons and a particularly fragrant bunch of marjoram. Your eye catches a lovely older woman who makes home-made lavender soaps and purchase one for a sybaritic bath later that evening before your guest arrives. Before you head home you peruse the flower section for a bouquet for the dinner table. There is a mixed arrangement that looks particularly appealing. It is comprised of white carnations, white lilies and a few sprigs of jasmine thrown in. It will be perfect in the candlelight.

You stop at a sidewalk cafe' for an expresso before returning back to your apartment. This is the hottest part of the day and your filled tote sits in the sun for a spell. The fragrant items in that tote are at their peak. When you return home you open your tote and the most wonderful aroma of herbs, flowers, soap and of course, the smell of expensive leather envelope you. You are in rapture. That is the smell of FENDI UOMO in a nutshell.

When this was launched in the 80's there was the most sexy promotional film used in department stores. It was a beautiful Roman woman searching desperately through a burning Roman temple. She finally finds what she is looking for, a classical male nude marble statue. She approaches it and gives him a kiss on the lips. Lo and behold he turns human from his solid state. She is in sheer bliss. That is the way I feel when I wear UOMO.

30th July, 2012

Shifty Bat's avatar
    Shifty Bat

I like finding things I was looking for without trying. I enjoy S.T. Dupont and to some extent Declaration, but neither one works well on me. Well, Fendi Uomo smells a lot like Dupont without the Galbanum or the elegant smokiness. The cedar and coconut warmth is still there, though, along with something different - a scarce but pretty rose note, like a whisper of Halston Limited thrown in. This is not by most standards an exceptional fragrance, but it works for me in a simple, reliable, and pleasant way that I really appreciate.

11th January, 2012

Lovescully's avatar
    Lovescully

I bought a large bottle of this untried and at whim when I saw it on sale for under $20. I had recalled some of the great reviews on-line and couldn’t resist the very retro dark faux marble and gold bottle.

Little did I realise what was about to unfold…… this fragrance just about blew my head off!

Although the drydown is sublime in its nature, unfortunately, the top notes are just far too abrasive for me. I know that each nose is different and we all have our own olfactory preferences, but I’m not kidding when I say that the first blast was like my nostrils had been assaulted by some kind of hot, spicy, almost poisonous gas!

I had been forewarned about its strength, so I was careful not to over-apply. One spray on each wrist and one on my chest was all it took to completely overwhelm me. Initially, I was tempted to run to the shower and immediately wash the whole lot off, but then I decided to give this classic its fair due and see where this assault would lead.

The very strong abrasive notes lasted a good 2 – 3 hours before the whole thing started to calm down. About 4 – 5 hours later, I was enveloped in a gorgeous & entrancing herbal sweet musk. Unfortunately, by this time I was far too olfactorily (is that a word?) exhausted that I couldn’t enjoy it as I’m sure it was intended. When I awoke the next morning, I could still clearly detect the herbal musky drydown; this is some 14 hours after a 3 spray application!

I can certainly see that some guys could pull this off and enjoy it too, but I guess I’m just not courageous enough to endure the almost 4 hour assault on my senses, before the drydown.

28 April, 2011